Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote: »
    What's the traffic like on the N7 these days going out of Dublin? Is it back to what it was like pre-lockdown?

This time of year, yeah...it's not great. There's a checkpoint around junction 9 regularly for the past couple of months which skews the traffic too.

It's not pre-lockdown but it's pretty heavy going. With the third lane open though it's nothing compared to what it was in the past though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

What's the traffic like on the N7 these days going out of Dublin? Is it back to what it was like pre-lockdown?
    How far you travelling down it?
    The checkpoint slows things down a lot but its quieter in the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Either the person who designed this package was having a laugh or else they are not Irish.

DAADF6-F7-D2-E0-41-B8-9047-8-EF578-A019-D3.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Podge_irl wrote: »
    The Expanse :D

:eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How far you travelling down it?
    The checkpoint slows things down a lot but its quieter in the main.

Went to Clare.

Left Wicklow at 3, quietest journey down the N7 I’ve ever had. Didn’t have to stop once, able to hit the speed limit the entire way.

Wish it was always like that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Went to Clare.

Left Wicklow at 3, quietest journey down the N7 I’ve ever had. Didn’t have to stop once, able to hit the speed limit the entire way.

Wish it was always like that!!
    Hopefully will be same tomorrow. Have to drive to dublin to collect family to take them home for following day.
    Nothing worse than that road at commuter hours and this will be the first year in ages i dont have to drive that road to work stephens day at Limerick/Leopardstown races....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Happy Christmas, everyone! Rugby (and this place) has defintely helped take my mind off more serious things from time to time this year. And sure, isn’t that the beauty of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Happy Christmas all. Hope ye all have a good one. We deserve it at this stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Good tidings to all, and may your 2021 surpass all of your expectations.

Please note the time of this post...
    I reckon this is the last year of Santa existing in my house, and it may be the redbreast talking...

But I will not miss the c***.

Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

kuang1 wrote: »
    Good tidings to all, and may your 2021 surpass all of your expectations.

Please note the time of this post...
    I reckon this is the last year of Santa existing in my house, and it may be the redbreast talking...

But I will not miss the c***.

Happy Christmas!

Also the last year he'll visit this house.

I'm up from 5 but nobody else has stirred here which is disappointing.

Anyway happy Christmas to all of you here...next year must be a better one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Happy Christmas everyone, been a long time since Santa has been in my house. Been working since 6am though, so he may as well have been here. Hope everyone enjoys their Christmas and we can look forward to a better new year, than than the one that just passed.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,209 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Last year was the last year for "santa" in our house, so this year's a little extra strange on top of everything else.
    I'm still the first up of course.
    Happy Christmas to all of you and your families. 2020 has been a horrible year for a lot of people but here's hoping 2021, and the rest of the decade, make it a distant memory.

Nollaig shona daoibh.

Happy Christmas folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭OldRio

Happy Christmas. No grandchildren this year for Christmas Day we're just having traditional turkey. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

I shall be having a very, very Merry Christmas..cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Happy Christmas everyone. May your drinks be big and your hangovers small.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Happy Christmas everyone!

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Happy Christmas.

I’m half cut already. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Merry Christmas all.

Hope you enjoy some happiness today with loved ones and, if not, here's to 2021.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Santa has been, 3 very happy children, ham is on, turkey going on soon, coffee brewing and a bottle of Malbec breathing...

Happy Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Happy Christmas.

I’m half cut already. :D

Carving knives are dangerous alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Happy Christmas and remember: John Hayes is a ligind. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Happy Christmas everyone. Strange one this time but it's still the best time of the year.

New season of the expanse is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

New season of the expanse is brilliant.

Santa was very good to me again. Somehow my wife smuggled in a Rickenbacker 330F Fireglo. I've wanted one for about 60 years......and there it was. Awesome.

jacothelad wrote: »
    Santa was very good to me again. Somehow my wife smuggled in a Rickenbacker 330F Fireglo. I've wanted one for about 60 years......and there it was. Awesome.

Oh wow - congrats, that's a terrific gift - very Tom Petty!

Herself got me an Epiphone Riviera custom p93 and a new digital amp, wireless headphones linked to the PC and jacked into the amp is an absolute joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

jacothelad wrote: »

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Happy belated Christmas, folks. Haven't been home for a few days (support bubbling at the gf's parent's house).

Hope Santa was good. Got a few very comfortable pairs of boxers, a toasted sandwich maker, a new set of bed linen and a pair of new towels.

im-37-im.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Happy belated Christmas, folks. Haven't been home for a few days (support bubbling at the gf's parent's house).

Hope Santa was good. Got a few very comfortable pairs of boxers, a toasted sandwich maker, a new set of bed linen and a pair of new towels.

im-37-im.jpg

Is someone trying to domesticate you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

im-37-im.jpg

Tonight Paul McGrath tweeted "congratulations young man" to the 49-year-old Aston Villa manager, Dean Smith, following their win.

Advertisement