Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

why not? free country.

Well if that's the standard......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

yes. how did you know?

I take it you've been on the drink tonight? Tomorrow will be bad.

'I didn't do that did I'?
    Oh yes you did.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

i got homesick

Hope you're isolating so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

i should probably draw a line under this and say that it is my belief that there is no need for a branch of government enforcers to be going around shooting people because they have knives. i dunno. maybe he was scary. maybe if there’d been 16 of them they could have tactically assessed the situation and not shot him. couldn’t say. if this turns out to be relevant then that’s fine. if not i’m just some eejit on a forum. no loss.

will be avoiding this thread for a few days i suppose. maybe ye can work out at what point it becomes justified for the state to apply lethal force. that’s not a moral discussion i have any interest in entertaining.

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This has become too hot and heavy for this forum. Let's leave the subject there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

F*ck sake, people. I can't believe it took this long for someone to realise that he's either drunk or 14 years old.

There are a number of people in Dublin struggling tonight with the death of someone following the incident in D15. Lets just take a breath and get a little more perspective and knowledge on the situation before anyone forms definitive opinions on the situation.

The Expanse is class

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The Expanse is class

So good. Also I'm happy in a perverse way that we know it will end after next season so they will work towards a proper ending.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Binged 4 of the mandalorian today, the rest tomorrow.

The pace and scope of it is perfect

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Binged 4 of the mandalorian today, the rest tomorrow.

The pace and scope of it is perfect

Is it on Netflix?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it on Netflix?

Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Some very grim news on the Covid front today. Testing system overwhelmed to the point where confirmed close contacts can no longer be offered a test. NPHET expect 1000 people to be hospitalised by early January.

Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Senescent bigots and utter bellends who loudly proclaim they will see New Year’s Day as a day of national liberation have unwittingly found the most apt way to mark the passing of a dreadful year marked by tragedies, disappointment, failure and the acceptance of lethal ineptitude.

Simone Williams, a furloughed sales manager who lost a grandfather to COVID and is facing eviction, agreed that overweight berks waving tiny flaccid Union Jacks while mewling football chants completely encapsulated her feelings towards the past year.

“I had planned to unplug the wifi and go to bed at 9 after downing enough sherry to ensure nothing will wake me up, but then my uncle invited me to join some racist Facebook group that wants to ‘raise a glass to breaking our shackles’ or some such bollocks.

“It was then I realised I had to see 2020 through to the end. And watching several live streams of detestable morons saying that leaving a trading union is the happiest day of their lives, while their wives and children look on, is the final crucible to properly end this complete skidmark of a year.

“And so I will put myself through one final indignity in the hope of exorcising all the wankery that could possibly befall us.

“I will feel my soul deaden as red-faced tosspots sing the wrong lyrics to God Save the Queen and propose toasts to Farage, Boris or whatever grotesque sex offender they think is King Arthur reborn.

“Yes, it will be horrible but we have to get it over with.”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

They just didn't know when to cash in their chips.

https://twitter.com/RaoulRuparel/status/1344345048117350403

Neil3030 wrote: »

It's sad that an incredibly low intellect, low integrity character has risen to such heights of public representation.

The UK is in an absolutely awful state and really only Scotland at this point looks to have any kind of competent governance. It's also quite telling that Scotland is about to leave.

Happy new year folks, even to all ye Munster supporters.

2020 has been in many ways appalling but have enjoyed much of the entertaining, insightful and supportive commentary on boards rugby throughout the year.

I genuinely wish you all the very best for 2021 and luck permitting we might be able to arrange some kind of meetup in the coming year. I'll bring some good whiskey!

Happy New Year everyone!

Have a lovely evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Happy New Year and shut up Buer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Happy New Year all. Things might seem a bit crap right now but there is light on the horizon. We have the back broken on this thing. So I'm looking forward to a meet up in 2021. Bring it on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Happy New Year one and all, even you trolly little scallywags. Here's to a better 2021 for everyone!

• Advertisement

It's sad that an incredibly low intellect, low integrity character has risen to such heights of public representation.

The UK is in an absolutely awful state and really only Scotland at this point looks to have any kind of competent governance. It's also quite telling that Scotland is about to leave.

UK to be only England and Wales within 10 years. Who wants that bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭bilston

UK to be only England and Wales within 10 years. Who wants that bet?

Scotland will be gone from the UK come the next referendum (possibly as soon as 2024), of course there will be a messy divorce agreement, and it may be 2030 before it actually happens, but yes I'd say Scotland will be gone by the end of the decade.

Not sure about Northern Ireland...it's almost inevitable, but may take a longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Yeah happy New Year to everyone...what a year. 2021 has to be better than this shítshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Happy New Year everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Not sure all this fuss about a new year supposedly starting makes sense. Picking one day and saying it's the start of a a new orbit around the sun seems incredibly arbitrary.

bilston wrote: »
    Scotland will be gone from the UK come the next referendum (possibly as soon as 2024), of course there will be a messy divorce agreement, and it may be 2030 before it actually happens, but yes I'd say Scotland will be gone by the end of the decade.

Not sure about Northern Ireland...it's almost inevitable, but may take a longer.

So Bilston's in for £10k anyway.

Anyone else?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

So Bilston's in for £10k anyway.

Anyone else?

I wouldn't trust the Tories to let them have a vote in the first place.

To finish off 2020, I lost my job yesterday...

Voluntary redundancy. Gimme that fat stacks of ca$h

Zzippy wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust the Tories to let them have a vote in the first place.

And no guarantee they'll get into the EU either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Happy new year everyone.

Jools Holland is some production for new years eve, I've missed far too many of them to some **** overpacked pub.

Advertisement