Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is the best place to buy a bench and some dumbbells

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭GY_1980

There is a bench on elverys ,just ordered one,it will do me,150 delivered,not for Olympic weights

For anyone purchasing this, use this code for 15% off.

Elv3plus9798

Worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

There is a bench on elverys ,just ordered one,it will do me,150 delivered,not for Olympic weights

The USF standard bench press? I'm looking for a regular one I can do dumbbell work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

GY_1980 wrote: »
    For anyone purchasing this, use this code for 15% off.

Elv3plus9798

Worked for me.

Wouldn't for me,tried a few times

sp00k wrote: »
    The USF standard bench press? I'm looking for a regular one I can do dumbbell work on.

That's the one yea

They sold out fast.

Your link got me a bench so thanks dude

• Advertisement

Wouldn't for me,tried a few times

More than likely it’s a code that won’t work on a product that has a discounted price listed.
    Your link got me a bench so thanks dude

No problem at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

https://www.rogueeurope.eu/rogue-kg-dumbbells?locale=en
    Rogue have some higher weight ones in stock 47.5Kg+ and some heavy KB also

Hi all,

I’m new around here but I’ve been following these threads for the last few weeks hoping to find weights too.

I’ve come across this person on eBay.ie. The business is located in Poland. 2 x 10kg cast iron plates for €60. The delivery cost is €22 for this. It’s high relative to the prices before #covid19 but seems OK relative to prices today. I’ve not ordered from this seller yet but said I’d put the information up.* I cannot vouch for this seller so am merely providing information here.

* As I am a new user, I am prohibited from putting the link up. The seller is on eBay.ie and the store is sporti.pl

Also, I came across an Irish seller who seemed to have 25kg Standard plates in stock last week. I ordered two of these last Wednesday. So far, my money has transferred via PayPal. However, the order is still listed as “processing”. I’ve sent an email to seller asking about order. I won’t name the business until I can get a reply and see what’s happening. Simply, I don’t want to send anyone that way in case the orders can’t be fulfilled. I also don’t want to harm the business and deter people from using them in case it’s just a normal delay given current circumstances.

Hi all,

Just updating the forum on my order with this Irish supplier. The supplier is Pro Fitness Supplies from Wexford.

I made the order last Wednesday. While making the order, I opened an account with the supplier to track my order. The order was still "processing" on Saturday morning so I emailed to enquire about it. I received a call from Paul on Saturday evening.

Paul seemed very nice. He explained the product was not in stock but that he would be getting it soon and would contact me again Monday/Tuesday to update me. If he couldn't get the stock then, he would refund me. I was happy with the communication.

Having not been contacted, I decided to check into my account at the website this morning to view the order status. I could not get onto the website. It doesn't seem to be live. I've emailed and asked for a refund if the the order cannot be processed by Friday, 27th May.

It now seems clearer to me that Paul was accepting money for product that was not in stock. I find it troubling the website has gone offline. While the online shop was Profitness-supplies.com, the underlying company name is Irish Gym Concepts. Interestingly, I've found a website called irishstrenghtsupplies.ie. I never came across this website before, but it's live now and it's the same people - Irish Gym Concepts. It's seems to be an old online shop that has become live again.

My advice is to avoid this supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Hi all,

Just updating the forum on my order with this Irish supplier. The supplier is Pro Fitness Supplies from Wexford.

I made the order last Wednesday. While making the order, I opened an account with the supplier to track my order. The order was still "processing" on Saturday morning so I emailed to enquire about it. I received a call from Paul on Saturday evening.

Paul seemed very nice. He explained the product was not in stock but that he would be getting it soon and would contact me again Monday/Tuesday to update me. If he couldn't get the stock then, he would refund me. I was happy with the communication.

Having not been contacted, I decided to check into my account at the website this morning to view the order status. I could not get onto the website. It doesn't seem to be live. I've emailed and asked for a refund if the the order cannot be processed by Friday, 27th May.

It now seems clearer to me that Paul was accepting money for product that was not in stock. I find it troubling the website has gone offline. While the online shop was Profitness-supplies.com, the underlying company name is Irish Gym Concepts. Interestingly, I've found a website called irishstrenghtsupplies.ie. I never came across this website before, but it's live now and it's the same people - Irish Gym Concepts. It's seems to be an old online shop that has become live again.

My advice is to avoid this supplier.

Seems to be common practice these days. Fitness Equipment Ireland did the same thing. Took a load of orders for stock that they didn't have at jacked up prices. Then fobbed off or ignored those that asked for updates. However is their case there was a shipment on the way from China and they seem to have honoured the orders once it arrived. Part of the reason is they valued their website and brand and didn't want to ruin it.

More than likely this crowd took your money with no stock and no way of honouring it. However it is also probable that a shipment is on the way and you will probably get it at some stage. Maybe in July.
    However the fact that they have taken down the website means they don't really have a brand to protect if they try to scam you.

• Advertisement

robinbird wrote: »
    Seems to be common practice these days. Fitness Equipment Ireland did the same thing. Took a load of orders for stock that they didn't have at jacked up prices. Then fobbed off or ignored those that asked for updates. However is their case there was a shipment on the way from China and they seem to have honoured the orders once it arrived. Part of the reason is they valued their website and brand and didn't want to ruin it.

More than likely this crowd took your money with no stock and no way of honouring it. However it is also probable that a shipment is on the way and you will probably get it at some stage. Maybe in July.
    However the fact that they have taken down the website means they don't really have a brand to protect if they try to scam you.

I can't understand how these people think these are good business practices. I'm a person who is considering purchasing power racks, weights, benches, and some other gym equipment for home use once this health crisis is over.

I won't be using Fitness Equipment Ireland for those purchases and I won't be using Irish Gym Concepts either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Pro Fintess Supplies website and Facebook both seem live ot me?

brianblaze wrote: »
    Pro Fintess Supplies website and Facebook both seem live ot me?

Yes, it’s back live for me now too. I’ve also received a refund to my Paypal account too which was very fast considering I only emailed a couple of hours ago.

I’ve to be fair on the refund issue and say it was processed very fast and Paul did stand by his commitment to refund me.

I suppose on my earlier advice, I would update it to say if people are considering to use this supplier, don’t trust the website to tell you the product is in stock. Give a ring or an email first to make sure it is.

I still won’t be returning though. I wouldn’t like to be in such a position if I had purchased a large euro amount of stock and couldn’t access details on the order.

Have tyo say, the companies I've used (Gymspec.co.uk and Expertleisure.ie) were both on the ball and quick to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Have tyo say, the companies I've used (Gymspec.co.uk and Expertleisure.ie) were both on the ball and quick to deliver.

Expertleisure delivered 100kg of plates to me about 3 hours after I ordered... great service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Yes expert leisure are pricey but I have used them before and quality/service was excellent. They supply a lot of major gyms too.

sp00k wrote: »

Email from elverys cancelling my order,and a refund in 7-10 days time,farce.

Managed to order a flat bench from a guy in castlebar ,making them himself.

I see fitness equipment Ireland have told a load of orders expected for mid June that they won't be in until late July...

I see fitness equipment Ireland have told a load of orders expected for mid June that they won't be in until late July...

I can’t see why anybody would want to do business with this crowd.

It was one of the sites I was looking at to order stuff but luckily I read the comments on the forums about them before I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Email from elverys cancelling my order,and a refund in 7-10 days time,farce.

Managed to order a flat bench from a guy in castlebar ,making them himself.

Do you have deets for the bench mark? Thanks!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭johnp23

If anyone is interested I’ve a bar I got awhile back from Argos i think with some of there plastic weights . Also have 2 of the dumbbell bars with collars free to a good home based in Tallaght .

Appears he sold them

Appears he sold them

Marked as sold to relist hoping nobody points out the rip off I assume...

Now who'd do a thing like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Was looking to get a blue band and got a 45kg slam ball.

#RoadToWSM2022

Arrived today.

Looking forward to getting in some conditioning work.

Should probably write a will first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The cheapest I found, is from amazon, for 33E delivered. I am looking for the ones, shown in the pics with the attatchments aswel. Has anyone found any cheaper then this, if so could you please share.

Thanks

I got these in the post today via Amazon.

They are from China, but in stock in Europe or wherever the seller is, as if they were drop shipped I'm sure be waiting another month at least.

Nice little set, to be fair. Don't have the courage to do facepulls with them though. Don't want to lose an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭geotrig

Was looking to get a blue band and got a 45kg slam ball.

#RoadToWSM2022

Christ 45KGS dont think I've ever seen one that weight , how much did that set you back ? and did they need a forklift to deliver :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

geotrig wrote: »
    Christ 45KGS dont think I've ever seen one that weight , how much did that set you back ? and did they need a forklift to deliver :pac:

Was €110 with €20 delivery through Gymless on Adverts. They have a 50kg and I think a 60kg one too.

He had a hand truck...and a good laugh as I had a bit of a horror show trying to pick it up, cos of the bubble wrap (though I had wondered if I was just weak :pac:)

Had a go with it last night...good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭geotrig

haha, I'd barely lift a 5kg one after all this time ...

Advertisement