Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is the best place to buy a bench and some dumbbells

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

My 17.5kg dumbbells came today from Fitness Equipment Ireland.
    Seem heavier than I remember over 2 months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thanks Robert.

Thanks Robert.

I'm no gouger .. not me,nor would I pay that

Was looking to get a blue band and got a 45kg slam ball.

#RoadToWSM2022

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Jesus that’s some weight, I’m doing burpee slams with an 8kg and 15kg one here

Ah its not slamming it like you'd be doing. It's more picking it up to shoulder height and going over the shoulder. Just to get a bit of conditioning anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭GY_1980

Hi all,

I’m new around here but I’ve been following these threads for the last few weeks hoping to find weights too.

I’ve come across this person on eBay.ie. The business is located in Poland. 2 x 10kg cast iron plates for €60. The delivery cost is €22 for this. It’s high relative to the prices before #covid19 but seems OK relative to prices today. I’ve not ordered from this seller yet but said I’d put the information up.* I cannot vouch for this seller so am merely providing information here.

* As I am a new user, I am prohibited from putting the link up. The seller is on eBay.ie and the store is sporti.pl

Also, I came across an Irish seller who seemed to have 25kg Standard plates in stock last week. I ordered two of these last Wednesday. So far, my money has transferred via PayPal. However, the order is still listed as “processing”. I’ve sent an email to seller asking about order. I won’t name the business until I can get a reply and see what’s happening. Simply, I don’t want to send anyone that way in case the orders can’t be fulfilled. I also don’t want to harm the business and deter people from using them in case it’s just a normal delay given current circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

GY_1980 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’m new around here but I’ve been following these threads for the last few weeks hoping to find weights too.

I’ve come across this person on eBay.ie. The business is located in Poland. 2 x 10kg cast iron plates for €60. The delivery cost is €22 for this. It’s high relative to the prices before #covid19 but seems OK relative to prices today. I’ve not ordered from this seller yet but said I’d put the information up.* I cannot vouch for this seller so am merely providing information here.

* As I am a new user, I am prohibited from putting the link up. The seller is on eBay.ie and the store is sporti.pl

Also, I came across an Irish seller who seemed to have 25kg Standard plates in stock last week. I ordered two of these last Wednesday. So far, my money has transferred via PayPal. However, the order is still listed as “processing”. I’ve sent an email to seller asking about order. I won’t name the business until I can get a reply and see what’s happening. Simply, I don’t want to send anyone that way in case the orders can’t be fulfilled. I also don’t want to harm the business and deter people from using them in case it’s just a normal delay given current circumstances.

Either way, it's a PayPal transaction so if you have issues you can start a dispute and get the cash back

brianblaze wrote: »
    Either way, it's a PayPal transaction so if you have issues you can start a dispute and get the cash back

I’ll keep the thread updated on possible success/failure of the order once things become clearer. I’m also considering purchasing from the Polish store I’ve listed so will keep people updated on that too.

I’ll keep the thread updated on possible success/failure of the order once things become clearer. I’m also considering purchasing from the Polish store I’ve listed so will keep people updated on that too.

You'd get 10kg plates in Ireland for around 60-70 too by the way, with a faster delivery time probably. (Still quite expensive compared to regular times but as now plates are the new Bitcoin, it's to be expected!)

And they're now sold out... That was quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

I’m also considering purchasing from the Polish store I’ve listed so will keep people updated on that too.

So 100% of your posts are promoting a polish seller on ebay. That you say you have no connection to.

robinbird wrote: »
    So 100% of your posts are promoting a polish seller on ebay. That you say you have no connection to.

If you can read properly and/or comprehend my posts, you’d see I didn’t promote anyone. I clearly stated that too.

I can’t promote either seller (I’ve posted about two) because on one I’ve not received the weights and on the second I’ve not used the service. I clearly put down I was providing the information only and could not vouch for either. I also stated I would update the thread on progress with either. The thread related to possibilities on obtaining weight products.

If you spent more of your day being constructive instead of running around looking for outrage/misdeeds where there are none, you’d probably feel a lot better within yourself.

Let's all be sound lads, he's hardly selling plastic kettlebells you can fill with dark matter or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was thinking, if those plastic kettlebells were food grade plastic they could be used for fermenting beer/cider/wine too! I have 25L containers for brewing and the handles are pretty small and do not seem sturdy. I have to lift them while full up the stairs and its a pain.

It would be better if they were semi transparent though.

rubadub wrote: »
    I was thinking, if those plastic kettlebells were food grade plastic they could be used for fermenting beer/cider/wine too! I have 25L containers for brewing and the handles are pretty small and do not seem sturdy. I have to lift them while full up the stairs and its a pain.

It would be better if they were semi transparent though.

Watch now as the price goes to €50 when sold with a hydromoter

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ah its not slamming it like you'd be doing. It's more picking it up to shoulder height and going over the shoulder. Just to get a bit of conditioning anyway

I've seen them described as dead balls (a la deadlift) which is a bit more descriptive of how they are used and behave.

Used to have an 85kg one in the gym. Was an absolute bastard to pick up

Mellor wrote: »
    I've seen them described as dead balls (a la deadlift) which is a bit more descriptive of how they are used and behave.

Used to have an 85kg one in the gym. Was an absolute bastard to pick up

Yep...seemed to be a split where some sites called them slam balls and some called them D-balls.

Was looking at heavier ones but I didn't want it to be heavy to the point it's like trying to lift atlas stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was looking at heavier ones but I didn't want it to be heavy to the point it's like trying to lift atlas stones.
    That's exactly what I liked about them. How the big one replicated the atlas.
    I did see a slam/dead ball program from a Aussie strongman and he recomended the big oens for for atlas/strength work, a middle (c.50kg) one for conditioning and a small one for explosive work

Mellor wrote: »
    That's exactly what I liked about them. How the big one replicated the atlas.
    I did see a slam/dead ball program from a Aussie strongman and he recomended the big oens for for atlas/strength work, a middle (c.50kg) one for conditioning and a small one for explosive work

It was 45kg or 60kg so I went with 45kg. Supplier has had anything I bought off them before over in 3-4 days so will know soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I know they are gold dust but... if anyone sees an olympic bar in stock, I would appreciate a link :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

Ordered some tri-Grips from this guy on friday last - hoping they arrive soon - any update on your purchases? im finding some of the guys on adverts are really charging extortionate prices for plates - offered 150 for 4 x 10KG yesterday 25mm - turned down asked for 180 - shocking stuff

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

mloc123 wrote: »
    I know they are gold dust but... if anyone sees an olympic bar in stock, I would appreciate a link :)

The Gym in Newry have loads

There is 20kg dumbbells available on Elverys site for anyone interested. Just picked up a set.

130€ and €25 delivery charge but with the promotional code (15% off) I got from boards, it came to €135.

There is 20kg dumbbells available on Elverys site for anyone interested. Just picked up a set.

130€ and €25 delivery charge but with the promotional code (15% off) I got from boards, it came to €135.

Here’s the link:

https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/Fitness/Home-Gym-Equipment/Weights/USF-Dumbbell-20kg-%28Pair%29/p/000000000001042000

liamtech wrote: »
    Ordered some tri-Grips from this guy on friday last - hoping they arrive soon - any update on your purchases? im finding some of the guys on adverts are really charging extortionate prices for plates - offered 150 for 4 x 10KG yesterday 25mm - turned down asked for 180 - shocking stuff

I haven’t ordered from Polish site yet. I’ve emailed the Irish supplier and he called me back on phone. The plates were listed in stock on the website but he didn’t have them in stock. He is ringing me back to let me know if he can get them. If not, he’ll process a refund.

liamtech wrote: »

There was 10kg standard plates up on Elverys earlier for €25. I got an email notification on them. When I got a chance to get onto the site, they were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Anyone spotted any benches that don't cost an arm and a leg on their Internet travels? I had one ordered off a third party via amazon, waited 3 weeks for delivery only to be told it was lost in transit and they have no more to send out. Quite sickening.

sp00k wrote: »
    Anyone spotted any benches that don't cost an arm and a leg on their Internet travels? I had one ordered off a third party via amazon, waited 3 weeks for delivery only to be told it was lost in transit and they have no more to send out. Quite sickening.

There is a bench on elverys ,just ordered one,it will do me,150 delivered,not for Olympic weights

• Advertisement

Oos

They sold out fast.

Advertisement