Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is the best place to buy a bench and some dumbbells

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭johnmc2020

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Discount supplements in Dublin have those in stock now - saw it in their newsletter yesterday
    https://www.discountsupplements.ie/ds-resistance-band-set.html

Not sure how good they are

Picked up these in April. Was able to fit 2 clips into the wall in the garden. Quite good to be honest. Not much exercises you can't do.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077HV3RW5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Having a wall anchor is a good idea, I’m using mine around a h post in the garden :D

Yeah have one chest height and another ankle height so able to do upper & lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Strengthshop had barbells restocked and sold out in 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I bought some gym rings with a strap to use for inverted rows and some other stuff. Ordered about 3 weeks ago and arrived today. With no straps. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Expert leisure have some stock back in - pricey though, they are a quality company - have dealt with them before

Thanks to whoever posted the fitness equipment ireland details a few weeks back - got a pair of 12.5kgs delivered today (were due in 15th May) - decent enough service given the climate etc. and the stock did come in as promised.

Now looking for a pair of 7.5kgish and ideally a bench that should keep me going for a good bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Expert leisure have some stock back in - pricey though, they are a quality company - have dealt with them before

Thanks to whoever posted the fitness equipment ireland details a few weeks back - got a pair of 12.5kgs delivered today (were due in 15th May) - decent enough service given the climate etc. and the stock did come in as promised.

Now looking for a pair of 7.5kgish and ideally a bench that should keep me going for a good bit!

I'm put the link up. Still waiting on my 17.5kg dumbbells to come. Hopefully tomorrow.

ongarite wrote: »
    I'm put the link up. Still waiting on my 17.5kg dumbbells to come. Hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks ongarite! I actually emailed them about it yesterday so maybe worth a shot to push them into action!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I also ordered off of them in April, expected dispatch date of May 15th and on Monday they emailed me saying that they won't be in stock until June 12th. The waiting game continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

What weight dumbbells have been delayed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

ongarite wrote: »
    What weight dumbbells have been delayed?

10kg.

And to be fair, the gave the option of cancelling the order & refunding but I'll wait it out. Always be handy to have them in the future. And we're probably not gonna see the inside of a gym until August so they will get use, even if it is for 2 months for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

dumbbells seem plentiful on amazon now an the prices are half of what they were a few weeks back, i ordered this morning and i have tracking info already

Link em up

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Just out of interest, as someone who wasnt in the market for weights up until the quarantine, can anyone tell us how much dumbbells etc were going for before all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Just out of interest, as someone who wasnt in the market for weights up until the quarantine, can anyone tell us how much dumbbells etc were going for before all this?
    if you are talking about bog standard cast iron stuff check argos (they did not jack up prices). Usually about 2euro per kilo for plates and a bit more if its a dumbbell set or barbell set.

Easy to send them back, there are loads of options on amazon now

They are very expensive if I am reading that correctly? £169.99 for a pair of 20kg dumbbells? Over €200 by the time you add the parcel wizard fees for the excess weight over 20kg etc.

Yes I know what you mean on that front - I am contemplating spending €76 on a set of 8kgs but it just seems madness - €50 would seem ok price-wise to me, but then you think, sure it's only an extra €25 in the grand scheme of things... (the €76 does include delivery mind you, which could be another €10 in some places I guess)

It's Econ 101 supply and demand I know, but still.

the daily grind of searching was doing my head in and the gyms will be closed for a long time yet

https://www.instagram.com/gymstuffuk/

This dude on Instagram shares when stock arrives in different places, all UK but most ship here apart from Mirafit and a few others

Mgt be of interest if delivery is possible

Mgt be of interest if delivery is possible

Cheaper on their own site

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote: »

Haha didn't even notice the xtra fiver,I've emailed to see do they deliver to here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

DuffleBag wrote: »

my d8fitness 7.5kg dumbbells were 34 euro.
    the 30 kg ones they have available now are 135 but they were probably always that pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

Reviews don't look good my friend

The bad reviews are all in relation to the price.

HBC08 wrote: »
    The bad reviews are all in relation to the price.

Someone got the wrong dumbells too, or only one

bluewolf wrote: »
    my d8fitness 7.5kg dumbbells were 34 euro.
    the 30 kg ones they have available now are 135 but they were probably always that pricey

Had a look at D8 fitness earlier but they seem to think they won't have stock till August going by the notices on their site :-( I imagine wholesale prices (and even shipping/distribution costs) might be a bit higher too so may cause a price bump for newer stock even if the shops aren't making any more on them - that's the danger I guess, even for the genuine shops who aren't fleecing people or taking advantage.

I'd love a set of 7.5kgs for 34 euro please! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The other week I found the bar from a crappy Argos set I got 9/10 years ago. Handy addition for use with bands, especially to do snatch-grip RDLs and OHPs. Could do floor presses with it as well but be as well off and less hassle just using the push up handles.

Basically just taking this as an extended period of GPP as I was peaking for a comp when everything shut down so I'm not overly bothered.

And my legs do feel the after effects of training and even had DOMS from the push ups the first session I used the handles

Posted this before but I was in today and Mr price still has 20kg kettle bells for 29.99 ,I see the same ones on DD for 60

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Contacted MaceMuscles about ordering one of their barbell/dumbbell plate sets. Including shipping to Ireland, 160 of plates + bar + dumbbell handles + clips comes to just over 800. And the bar/plates aren't olympic size so there's no room for expansion in the future

Hanl a former boardsie was selling a second hand bar and 90kg of plates for 500 a while back, which was way more reasonable.

Think I'll just continue to get fatter and weaker for now.

Contacted MaceMuscles about ordering one of their barbell/dumbbell plate sets. Including shipping to Ireland, 160 of plates + bar + dumbbell handles + clips comes to just over 800. And the bar/plates aren't olympic size so there's no room for expansion in the future

Hanl a former boardsie was selling a second hand bar and 90kg of plates for 500 a while back, which was way more reasonable.

Think I'll just continue to get fatter and weaker for now.

And the bar is only 10kg or something. I'd only order some Oly plates from them but the bar is pish and it's only an Axel too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

brianblaze wrote: »
    And the bar is only 10kg or something. I'd only order some Oly plates from them but the bar is pish and it's only an Axel too

An axle bar is a great tool. But it’s very far down the list of useful home equipment

Advertisement