Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,054 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

hurikane wrote: »
    Tried myself there, I can order with click and collect. Presume the restriction doesn’t apply to groceries.

Yeah I was assuming that, wouldn't make any sense to ban C&C from supermarkets when you can still go around with a trolley.

When I click on the C&C tab it takes me to the home delivery section and tells me they don't deliver to my address, which I knew already.:confused:

You're supposed to get into C&C by clicking 'book a slot' on this screen yeah?
    https://www.tesco.ie/clickandcollect/?=&icid=GHP_6A_Click_Collect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Saw some headlines, no click and collect, delivery only, covid restrictions

That's applicable to non essential retailers only, not grocery.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Followed that link. Logged in, clicked select this collection location. And then showed slots from Sunday onwards for my location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

I've been getting home delivery for years from tesco. I often say can I hang onto these and give them back next week. Only at the start of the Pandemic did 1 driver say we have a shortage of crates at the minute so I said no problem and unpacked and gave him the crates and also the ones I had from the week before. It's never an issue and like I say I'm getting them nearly 8 years now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I've been getting home delivery for years from tesco. I often say can I hang onto these and give them back next week. Only at the start of the Pandemic did 1 driver say we have a shortage of crates at the minute so I said no problem and unpacked and gave him the crates and also the ones I had from the week before. It's never an issue and like I say I'm getting them nearly 8 years now

Same here, Tesco delivery for last 3 years, because if you ask me life is to short to spend it in supermarket grocery shopping :D Always allowed keep the crates till next week. Dead handy, especially since covid happened.

Edit: Just wish more supermarkets do the same service in my area. A bit surprised there's no more options from multiple big players at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Same here, Tesco delivery for last 3 years, because if you ask me life is to short to spend it in supermarket grocery shopping :D Always allowed keep the crates till next week. Dead handy, especially since covid happened.

Edit: Just wish more supermarkets do the same service in my area. A bit surprised there's no more options from multiple big players at this stage.

I have a gang of young children
    I brought them into dunnes one day to do a weeks shop as I had no choice. I spent 100e and only got dinner for 1 day.. Nightmare! Home delivery all the way

I have a gang of young children
    I brought them into dunnes one day to do a weeks shop as I had no choice. I spent 100e and only got dinner for 1 day.. Nightmare! Home delivery all the way

I feel your pain lol. I have just two boys 14 and 18, both of them gave up on shopping together long time ago thank god. Passing by electronic section in Tesco every weekend was a nightmare, it was three of us at it, of course all the essentials we needed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

Do Tesco accommodate COVID positive people during their isolation?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,054 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Do Tesco accommodate COVID positive people during their isolation?

It says on the online delivery form that people self-isolating can provide specific instructions for their driver.

It says on the online delivery form that people self-isolating can provide specific instructions for their driver.

Thanks :) But I mean for people who have never availed of the service before but who suddenly find themselves Covid positive and so have to not leave their house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Saw some headlines, no click and collect, delivery only, covid restrictions

Is groceries as essential excluded?

Thanks :) But I mean for people who have never availed of the service before but who suddenly find themselves Covid positive and so have to not leave their house

When you go through the process of shopping, you can leave the note for the driver. Pretty sure there will be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is groceries as essential excluded?

Yes but all of those will have some restrictions on "non essentials" items.

When you go through the process of shopping, you can leave the note for the driver. Pretty sure there will be no problem.

There's no delivery slot until at least the 12th, guess I'll starve so

There's no delivery slot until at least the 12th, guess I'll starve so

Bad luck, sorry for that, delivery slots will be probably flying of the shelf quickly. Can you go for click and collect and ask someone to deliver?

Bad luck, sorry for that, delivery slots will be probably flying of the shelf quickly. Can you go for click and collect and ask someone to deliver?

Just go by your nick, are u in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Try SuperValu or Fresh, they tend to have slots available at short notice, or you can try calling Tesco and maybe they can accommodate you. With Tesco you usually have to plan ahead a bit, if you want delivery again in 2-3 weeks then put in your order now.

miezekatze wrote: »
    Try SuperValu or Fresh, they tend to have slots available at short notice, or you can try calling Tesco and maybe they can accommodate you. With Tesco you usually have to plan ahead a bit, if you want delivery again in 2-3 weeks then put in your order now.

With Supervalu also check the store assigned to you.
    You might be able to add your address again with a different choice of shop which could not only improve slots but also available goods and even prices.

In Dublin, I had the choice between three different shops in my area all with different prices and delivery slots. Especially the "name" of "place" Supervalu stores often have better slots than the big ones.

Here in Cork I have 4 and the main "corporate" store always has slots next day available, it's amazing.

With Supervalu also check the store assigned to you.
    You might be able to add your address again with a different choice of shop which could not only improve slots but also available goods and even prices.

In Dublin, I had the choice between three different shops in my area all with different prices and delivery slots. Especially the "name" of "place" Supervalu stores often have better slots than the big ones.

Here in Cork I have 4 and the main "corporate" store always has slots next day available, it's amazing.

That's nice, I'm in South tipp, 15 mins drive from Clonmel and Tesco is the only option down here for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Did my first Tesco home delivery last night and have another booked for next Tuesday,so handy when you have kids that are told don't touch and touch every thing in sight.
    Just a question tho. For next week's delivery. I can amend it? Can I add stuff to it or just take them off?

• Advertisement

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Did my first Tesco home delivery last night and have another booked for next Tuesday,so handy when you have kids that are told don't touch and touch every thing in sight.
    Just a question tho. For next week's delivery. I can amend it? Can I add stuff to it or just take them off?

You can amend until the time giving in the original order confirmation mail, usually the night before the delivery.

But remember that every time you do a change Tesco might seek new authorization on your debit/credit card as discussed earlier, so that might get your bank into a fraud protection mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You can amend up until the night before your delivery I think.

Don't forget to check out your changes though or cancel.
    Don't just close the browser!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Thanks! I'm not totally screwed, I have backup options, but paying for a service would be much preferable :)
    Just go by your nick, are u in Dublin?

Yep
    miezekatze wrote: »

Thanks, will do!

You could try byumie app, not sure how good it is, never had the opportunity to try around here. Dublin should have good coverage with them.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    You can amend up until the night before your delivery I think.

Don't forget to check out your changes though or cancel.
    Don't just close the browser!

Think it's 24 hrs before delivery.

As other guys said, Don't forget to go through checkout again. You won't be charged twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Think it's 24 hrs before delivery.

Mine is usually 23.46 the night before, regardless of delivery time the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

They just stopped click and collect in the new rules, assume this applies to supermarkets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

They just stopped click and collect in the new rules, assume this applies to supermarkets as well.

As someone said above, this only applies to non-essential retail. Just checked my local Tesco there, and they have click and collect slots available for tomorrow and all week, so working as normal it seems.

• Advertisement

nothing wrote: »
    Mine is usually 23.46 the night before, regardless of delivery time the next day

Oh ok, good to know. Thanks for that.

Advertisement