Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Weird experience yesterday. Driver wanted to come into our house with the crates - 3 times I said No. Then he told me to keep the crates until next time and left.

Some people - even delivery drivers - have no common sense or live in an alternate universe. Supervalu are terrible for it. Some of the delivery men seemed to make an effort to get as close as possible to you at the door. Stopped using them because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I ordered my first load of shopping last night and got it today. Pleasant experience, driver was a sound man.

What’s the best time to look for a slot or book one? I normally do the shopping on a Monday but I’m confused about when to order it? A couple of days before hand??

Also, do Tesco do vouchers or is it just the club card?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    I ordered my first load of shopping last night and got it today. Pleasant experience, driver was a sound man.

What’s the best time to look for a slot or book one? I normally do the shopping on a Monday but I’m confused about when to order it? A couple of days before hand??

Also, do Tesco do vouchers or is it just the club card?

Cheers.

You can book slots 2-3 weeks in advance. Fill the basket with your usuals and checkout.
    And then you have up to the night before to change the order - it'll tell you in the confirmation email for your booking what is the latest time you can change it.

It is just the club card unless you get a specific mailing in the post.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

This week got my usual weekly delivery with a gift from Tesco for Valentine's day (box of fruits and sweets). Pleasant suprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Im due one on pancake tuesday - maybe they'll send me pancakes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thats me wrote: »
    This week got my usual weekly delivery with a gift from Tesco for Valentine's day (box of fruits and sweets). Pleasant suprise :)

I got a box too . Mr Kipling cakes , box of Milk tray , crisps and three apples .It was a lovely surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 23,509 ✭✭✭✭zell12

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I got a box too . Mr Kipling cakes , box of Milk tray , crisps and three apples .It was a lovely surprise
    iamwhoiam & tesco up in a tree, k i s s i n g...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Anyone still noticing a shortage of Tesco own brand items ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

Yes there's been a big improvement since January but there's still things missing.

Bizarrely most lamb products (minced lamb, diced lamb etc.) have been missing from my local Tesco for weeks. They're all Irish so it can't be anything to do with Brexit.

Pomegranates have been gone since Brexit which is annoying as I use them a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm finding a shortage of lots of products. Tesco's vegetarian range is practically gone altogether. They couldn't even deliver a brown bread last week. They had no frozen peas. Also Whiskas and Pedigree pet food, not available for the past few weeks from either Tesco or Supervalu. And Quorn is now basically unavailable from either except for the mince. I'm really frustrated with shortages, assume it's Brexit more than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Work for tesco, so I can offer a bit of insight. Very strange rate of deliveries coming in to the store ever since brexit, best example is we had no tesco mozzarella cheese for 3 weeks and then 40 boxes arrived one day! Long term issues with loose ginger, pomegranate, garlic and organic milk. No issues in our store with lamb or any type of meat in fact. Sometimes the picker just misses the product accidentally, ie it could have moved shelves or be in a separate fridge due to special offers. Click and collect and home delivery are exceptionally busy these days and for the most part availability is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭McCloskey_A

I called the Tesco online about this as I generally do my online shop Wednesday night for Friday
    My sis in law does shopping Thursday so I gave her a list of all the things Tesco were telling me were out of stock online - all on shelves - that week was lots of fruit (perhaps 4 weeks ago)
    Apparently the pickers pick from the warehouse stock rather then the floor
    Which is ridiculous as anytime I’m in my local tesco early (not anytime recently) they’ve been picking from the floor and it seems to be common practice so I’m still oblivious to the actual reason

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I called the Tesco online about this as I generally do my online shop Wednesday night for Friday
    My sis in law does shopping Thursday so I gave her a list of all the things Tesco were telling me were out of stock online - all on shelves - that week was lots of fruit (perhaps 4 weeks ago)
    Apparently the pickers pick from the warehouse stock rather then the floor
    Which is ridiculous as anytime I’m in my local tesco early (not anytime recently) they’ve been picking from the floor and it seems to be common practice so I’m still oblivious to the actual reason

Maybe these days they are too busy with picking orders ie so many that it would be obstructive to actual shoppers? Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Been using the service for almost 2 years, every single week. This week we had a first. We usually order enough food for dinners for 6 days. We only got delivered 1 day of dinners & it was sausages for a BBQ, it's p1ssing rain today :pac:

Not angry about it, the delivery driver was very apologetic. I'd say it was just by chance this week. Went to the local Spar to get meat and a few bits and pieces for the dinners. I'm sure it will be grand but a little disappointing is that a lot of the packaged meats in Spar are from the Netherlands or Germany. The butcher in our local is a bit light on variety too. Tesco tends to have a good range of Irish meats so hopefully it really is a once off.

I took a list of a few hundred items on the Tesco.ie site with their prices and country of origin BEFORE Brexit came into effect. Did a spot check on some items a few weeks ago and it seems same items are still available from the same countries of origin and at the same prices. I'm guessing with the deal that was agreed price changes may not be needed in the short term.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Been using the service for almost 2 years, every single week. This week we had a first. We usually order enough food for dinners for 6 days. We only got delivered 1 day of dinners & it was sausages for a BBQ, it's p1ssing rain today :pac:

Were all the other foods out-of stock ? And there were no available substitutions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I have been using this service on and off over the years. Every week this year so far.

I have to enter a note in every box saying please look for best date, fresh etc. Nearly every week there is an issue with the order, no chicken, short on dated product, bananas ripe when I say green (I live alone so cannot eat 6 bananas in one day )!! Issues with dates on fresh bread/ croissants they no longer have them. I often find that I am probably buying too many special offers but overall am happy with the service.
    Delivery guys have been very nice. Do you tip him?
    I usually get my order Thursday night E3, between 8-10.
    Aldi then every few weeks to get other bits.
    I order out in dates and have 3 orders open , this week and next 2 weeks.
    Good to see special offers and change your order up to 11.45pm night before

I order every 7 days or so and do a quick local shop in between. About three orders ago, all the meats/fresh food had really really short best before/use by dates. It was almost as if it had been a decision rather than a consequence of random picking. Tesco refunded me for the foods in question. As waxmelts does, I add a note to all those fresh foods now asking for the latest possible date.

I started ordering in October - was tipping €3 initially but then realised that between delivery and tip, I'm adding at least €6 to every shopping order - felt it was excessive so stopped tipping. I feel bad about it but it was too expensive a habit.

I must say that in general I have had no issues with short Dates on products. The printed receipt also warns if an item has a short date.

I have had issues with lack of availability of various Tesco own brand items since January. Also with substitutions. It's almost like they can't be bothered to look for a suitable substitution.

The packing the last 2 times hasn't been great either. Heavy things on top of bagged salad leaves or crisps.

I don't tip. My slot is €5 delivery. I have asked many times if Delivery Saver is open to Customers but No.
    Pre-Pandemic we only got deliveries about once a month.

aaronc182 wrote: »
    As far as I was aware the 80 item limit was lifted months ago..

The 80 Item limit is long gone

• Advertisement

I must say that in general I have had no issues with short Dates on products. The printed receipt also warns if an item has a short date.

Really - I have never seen/noticed that!

And yes, two deliveries ago, my toilet cleaners etc were packed alongside my loose vegetables, which are normally in a nice brown paper bag but on that occasion were thrown into the crate unwrapped/unbagged along with all the cleaning materials. I commented on it to the driver who said they had a whole team of new pickers. I also emailed Tesco who said they would speak to Store Manager to see how/why it had happened, but I never heard another word about it.

Really - I have never seen/noticed that!

And yes, two deliveries ago, my toilet cleaners etc were packed alongside my loose vegetables, which are normally in a nice brown paper bag but on that occasion were thrown into the crate unwrapped/unbagged along with all the cleaning materials. I commented on it to the driver who said they had a whole team of new pickers. I also emailed Tesco who said they would speak to Store Manager to see how/why it had happened, but I never heard another word about it.

They aren't using enough crates. I had similar issues with eggs being put in same crate as bottle of wine, with predictable consequences.
    Just because something is ambient doesn't mean it should go into the one crate!

Were all the other foods out-of stock ? And there were no available substitutions ?

Yeah, he said there was no available substitutions either.

Have not had an issue with dates of perishables or with items breaking. I'm in Galway. The service has been flawless. Never even had them arrive late. Once the driver called and said he was in the area, it was 30 minutes before our window and asked if we would like him to come over right away.

Other than January, we've had relatively few substitutions or items not delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Polar101

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Never even had them arrive late. Once the driver called and said he was in the area, it was 30 minutes before our window and asked if we would like him to come over right away.

I use a 8pm - 10pm delivery slot, the latest they've arrived was 9pm, and the earliest at 7:10pm. I assume it's because of the late delivery slot that sometimes they're showing up earlier than 8pm (no more deliveries after mine, for example).

I think the number of unavailable items has gotten worse lately.

I use click and collect, and last weekend when I collected my order there were more unavailable items and substitutions then items I'd actually ordered.

So bad, that a €90 order was reduced to €56 due to missing items.

Just went in to check my click and collect order for tomorrow, and couldn't believe it - again, more then half the items in my basket are now "unavailable".

I don't know what's going on with Tesco, if its just the branch I use (Liffey Valley) but I've cancelled the order and booked a click and collect slot with SuperValu on Saturday instead. It's not that much dearer, but they don't seem to be having the same stock issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just went in to check my click and collect order for tomorrow, and couldn't believe it - again, more then half the items in my basket are now "unavailable".

I don't know what's going on with Tesco, if its just the branch I use (Liffey Valley) but I've cancelled the order and booked a click and collect slot with SuperValu on Saturday instead. It's not that much dearer, but they don't seem to be having the same stock issues.

Mine is Liffey Valley too and I got an order with nothing missing at all

The items get marked out of stock as day goes on maybe... it doesnt mean you wouldnt get the items in your order tomorrow.
    Were they greyed out or just marked with a red warning?
    Greyed out means no new stock expected soon.

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The items get marked out of stock as day goes on maybe... it doesnt mean you wouldnt get the items in your order tomorrow.
    Were they greyed out or just marked with a red warning?
    Greyed out means no new stock expected rsoon.

They were marked with a red warning and removed from the basket when I checked out again.

I've been using Tesco online for years, never seen so many unavailable items as I have lately.

Advertisement