Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

lucalux wrote: »
    As someone said above, this only applies to non-essential retail. Just checked my local Tesco there, and they have click and collect slots available for tomorrow and all week, so working as normal it seems.

Same here, slots available on Friday.

They won't stop click and collect on groceries.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

lucalux wrote: »
    As someone said above, this only applies to non-essential retail. Just checked my local Tesco there, and they have click and collect slots available for tomorrow and all week, so working as normal it seems.

Ok thanks. So what’s the difference in click and collect at Tesco than anywhere else? Not used it at the supermarket but surely it’s the same interaction as any other shop no?

They just stopped click and collect in the new rules, assume this applies to supermarkets as well.

I thought that it was just non essential click and collect that was stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

Yes food click and collect is as normal. New rules only relate to clothes etc collection.

Called them today. Tesco still refusing to do home delivery to my part of Tallaght.

Nearest click and collect is Liffey Valley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Ok thanks. So what’s the difference in click and collect at Tesco than anywhere else? Not used it at the supermarket but surely it’s the same interaction as any other shop no?

No difference except the essential/non-essential.

I think some places probably had queues for collecting, not being managed for social distancing and all that.
    People buying non-essentials, and making extra trips to do so.

It's just another effort to get people to reconsider the extra trips some might be making maybe?

Supermarket click and collect is usually not organised in busy places, and some stores offering click and collect for non-essentials might be on high streets/main streets and so you are mixing with more people as a result of that.

My local Tesco, you're getting your groceries in a massive carpark, near nobody at all.

Not to do with the risk of transmission involved in collecting goods, as they would be the same risk really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Just edited my Tesco Order for tomorrow. No Raspberries, Pancetta or any kind of bake-at-home Bread, Pittas etc available.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My local one has a van out in the car park. Each customer's purchases is packed in one or more crate, and the guy leaves the crate(s) out for you to pack your stuff into bags or whatever yourself. The website says you should have your credit card, receipt etc. as ID but in my experience your name will do.

Anyone notice a lot of items unavailable online at the moment ? Including Avonmore Milk. Also lots of Tesco own brand items.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Anyone notice a lot of items unavailable at the moment ? Including Avonmore Milk. Also lots of Tesco own brand items.

Avonmore Milk showing ok for me on the website when I log in (local store northside Dublin) ... doesn't mean it will be in the deliver though.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

Just edited my Tesco Order for tomorrow. No Raspberries, Pancetta or any kind of bake-at-home Bread, Pittas etc available.

I have strong feeling Tesco online system showing goods available at the store right at the moment when you accessing it. But it is a lot of time between the moment when you filled the order and the moment when the items are actually picked for you; most likely Tesco will have overnight delivery and items made available again to that time. Therefore there is no reason to remove things from the order, just leave a note to picker which replacement you prefer for given position in the case if your preferred Pancetta is still not available.

Thats me wrote: »
    I have strong feeling Tesco online system showing goods available at the store right at the moment when you accessing it. But it is a lot of time between the moment when you filled the order and the moment when the items are actually picked for you; most likely Tesco will have overnight delivery and items made available again to that time. Therefore there is no reason to remove things from the order, just leave a note to picker which replacement you prefer for given position in the case if your preferred Pancetta is still not available.

So, does it show availability in the particular Store where my Delivery comes from or is it a central availability do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thats me wrote: »

Yes I've had that happen a few times, the item showed as unavailable at lunchtime day before delivery but I left it in the basket (with a sub on it just in case).
    The item arrived ok in next day's delivery.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

So, does it show availability in the particular Store where my Delivery comes from or is it a central availability do you think?

It's the particular store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

There seems to be an availability issue with Avonmore milk. In my Supervalu delivery yesterday they substituted CMP milk and put a note on delivery docket to say Avonmore unavailable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Can someone talk me through the Tescos delivery process in terms of safety etc? I haven't ordered a home delivery from them since this began
    • The delivery guy drops a crate in your porch?
    • You then take your stuff out of it into a bag you have ready?
    • Or do you get to keep the crate? (some places allow this)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Can someone talk me through the Tescos delivery process in terms of safety etc? I haven't ordered a home delivery from them since this began
    • The delivery guy drops a crate in your porch?
    • You then take your stuff out of it into a bag you have ready?
    • Or do you get to keep the crate? (some places allow this)

Thanks

Depends!

They give you the option of ordering with bags which cost an extra 70 cent (I always forget to click this).

I have only ordered a few times, I get a phone call... say hello they leave the crate at my door and I bring the crate to my appt and leave the things in the kitchen and repeat this move for the next few crates.

The first time I did it I was trying to be chatty (I was really bored) and he shut it politely saying this has to be done in a few minutes.

I don't think you are allowed to keep the crate sadly.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They give you the option of ordering with bags which cost an extra 70 cent (I always forget to click this).

So for just 70 cents extra everything your ordered arrives bagged?

Then just remove them from crate(s) and done?

Sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I thought it was 70c per bag ?

We had plastic stacking boxes at the ready
    He left the crates in the garden and we piled it into our boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Depends!

I have only ordered a few times, I get a phone call... say hello they leave the crate at my door and I bring the crate to my appt and leave the things in the kitchen and repeat this move for the next few crates.

The first time I did it I was trying to be chatty (I was really bored) and he shut it politely saying this has to be done in a few minutes.

I don't think you are allowed to keep the crate sadly.

You can keep the crate. We do all the time. Then just give them back to next delivery driver.

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Yikes

How many bags would you know to order for the groceries though?

Just take a rough guess?

So for just 70 cents extra everything your ordered arrives bagged?

Then just remove them from crate(s) and done?

Sounds good

I don’t know about Ireland, but my older sister in England gets the delivery brought into her kitchen and left on the worktop. She requests this when ordering. The driver rings the doorbell. She opens the door and stands away. He carries crates into kitchen and lifts a liner containing her groceries onto the worktop and leaves. Worth looking into f any way frail.

Yikes

How many bags would you know to order for the groceries though?

Just take a rough guess?

I had €188 worth of shopping so I had no clue !! Plastic boxes worked great for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

iamwhoiam wrote: »

We had plastic stacking boxes at the ready
    He left the crates in the garden and we piled it into our boxes

Yes apologies 70 cent a bag.

The crates would do for a big order I reckon.
    I always gave the crates back to tesco man because I don't really need them and have supervalu ones!:p

Yes apologies 70 cent a bag.

The crates would do for a big order I reckon.
    I always gave the crates back to tesco man because I don't really need them and have supervalu ones!:p

I presumed he wanted his crates back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Get to keep the crates every time. Got a gift box this week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

hurikane wrote: »
    Get to keep the crates every time. Got a gift box this week also.

I wouldn't want them taking up space in my house for a few weeks tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

I've only been offered to keep the crates twice since I started ordering with Tesco, I presumed it was times they were under time pressure, but that they're not really supposed to leave them with the customer.
    It's quicker, but I'd imagine keeping a track of the boxes is difficult if people don't return them all.

I use plastic storage boxes, and transfer my stuff from their crates to my own boxes outside the house.
    They leave them down and I pack away.
    Takes about 3/4mins. No chatting if I can help it. Don't want to keep them waiting on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

I wouldn't want them taking up space in my house for a few weeks tbh.

Lots of space for them and a garage, no issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Does anyone get deliveries to apartments where there is no outside parking? Like theres a path, and a one way road outside the building door, but there the only place the van can park is on the path.

Advertisement