Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    We weren't on Delivery Saver as pre-Pandemic we were getting 1 Delivery per month most but not all months.
    Then they closed it to new applications so couldn't join.

Probably because they stopped charging savers due to it being difficult to get slots. They were meant to reintroduce the fee but then we got level 3 and they haven't yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

nothing wrote: »
    Probably because they stopped charging savers due to it being difficult to get slots. They were meant to reintroduce the fee but then we got level 3 and they haven't yet.

It was paused because it was difficult to get slots then it was unpaused recently but not for long enough to collect a fee and now it's paused again.
    I imagine they won't accept any more on the saver for the foreseeable even if it does un pause the payments.

The christmas slots are the last week of November I think delivery saver get priority access by about 3 days, or they did in previous years. It may be changed this year

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

DopeTech wrote: »
    Mmm family sized lasagne for €1.75!

lol.... Been having a blip with supervalu as in they apparently ran out of cat food last time! I have six rescues .. it emerged that a lot of the staff are out with covid and it had not been reordered.

But there were so many serious errors on that list! Clearly not my usual picker/packer.

And such a feeling of frustration and helplessness when that happens .

The manager has been great and this order due today will be fine... except that we are stormbound and no ferries.. They say tomorrow will be OK. He is doing my order himself ;)

Ordered my first mince pies too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

How are people getting on with the Deliveries?
    I am finding the packing a bit of a problem the last few weeks. Breakages, spillages etc.

Managed to get a delivery slot for 23rd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,205 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I am finding the packing a bit of a problem the last few weeks. Breakages, spillages etc.

Yeah it's a good idea to check the crate to see if anything leaked from being squashed... have had couple of things last few weeks take a battering.

Managed to get my xmas slot without too much difficulty also.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

We do unload their trays outside of house and return trays to driver. If any defect item found it is returned to the driver and Tesco does refund. Even if you simply not happy with some item - do the same, return to driver and get return.

Always booking delivery slots few weeks in advance - some day same time, no problem with slots in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

No problems. Been using the service for almost 2 years. I think we've only had 1 damaged item and only had a couple of times when the substitution was a bit meh so we let the driver take back and got a refund. I love the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thats me wrote: »

Always booking delivery slots few weeks in advance - some day same time, no problem with slots in this case.

I'm a newbie - 4 deliveries in - Can I book more than 1 slot at a time - I didn't think so. I have booked a Christmas slot for 21st but can I book another delivery in between?, without losing the 21st?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'm a newbie - 4 deliveries in - Can I book more than 1 slot at a time - I didn't think so. I have booked a Christmas slot for 21st but can I book another delivery in between?, without losing the 21st?

Yes, you can. We usually book 3 weeks in advance. Same time every week. It works out very well and you can update your order up until the night before delivery.

Absolutely, I've my next 4 booked. I think the only restriction is that you can't have multiple to the same address on the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks very much - have managed to book an interim delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm having trouble with the website on both ipad and android. On ipad it goes fine right up until the pop up for pending changes - "do you want to save the changes made to your basket" - there us nothing to click yes or no. It was the same a few weeks ago when I last ordered. On android it's a total disaster, with text appearing on top of other text and all entries like phone number etc duplicated. I had to dig out a laptop to complete the order. Frustrating.

I'm having trouble with the website on both ipad and android. On ipad it goes fine right up until the pop up for pending changes - "do you want to save the changes made to your basket" - there us nothing to click yes or no. It was the same a few weeks ago when I last ordered. On android it's a total disaster, with text appearing on top of other text and all entries like phone number etc duplicated. I had to dig out a laptop to complete the order. Frustrating.

I stopped using the app over a year ago, and the mobile site in the last few months, because of issues getting the payment to go through, been using the pc now almost exclusively, which is a mighty pain.

I only use the Laptop as I found it was the easiest (least frustrating) way of doing the Orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Ok, thanks. I had used ipad only since March with no issues (the mobile site not the app - didn't even know there was an app), and android phone worked ok last month when the ipad glitch appeared. I'll stick with laptop in future. I wonder is Tesco aware of the issue? Or how would be best to notify them?

Click & Collect seems to be on a break between Christmas and New Years in my Tesco... either that or all slots gone already? (unlikely).
    Anyone hear anything about that?

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Click & Collect seems to be on a break between Christmas and New Years in my Tesco... either that or all slots gone already? (unlikely).

Last week we had our weekly delivery, order was bigger than usual - i've explained to driver that we are expecting it may be difficulties with stock closer to Christmas, so ordering some extra for spare. He assured us Tesco is ready to higher demand over this time and there will no problem with online shopping over Christmas period. Therefore i'd guess it is more likely particular shop run out of slots.

Agree with other poster, much more likely slots are gone

I booked our slots for Christmas break when they became available. For 23rd and 30th. All slots gone now for all dates over the holidays.

I booked our slots for Christmas break when they became available. For 23rd and 30th. All slots gone now for all dates over the holidays.

Feck. I was focused on getting slot for before xmas (done) and I didnt think there would so much interest for that week it only occurred to me to look for a slot now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

I wonder would it be worth their while hooking up with an outside transport company to help in busier areas.

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    I wonder would it be worth their while hooking up with an outside transport company to help in busier areas.

I believe the delivery service already runs at a loss, so unlikely

Feck. I was focused on getting slot for before xmas (done) and I didnt think there would so much interest for that week it only occurred to me to look for a slot now.

Feck is right. I booked a date for click and collect before christmas, (23rd) a while back, but none for the following week. I didn't think they'd even be available yet. Tesco refuse to do delivery to my area.

I'm going to have to double up on my shopping as much as possible on the 23rd if thats the case as I'm dependant on click and collect due to being high risk. I haven't set foot in a Tesco's since March.

Maybe supervalu will have available slots.

Feck is right. I booked a date for click and collect before christmas, (23rd) a while back, but none for the following week. I didn't think they'd even be available yet. Tesco refuse to do delivery to my area.
    I'm going to have to double up on my shopping as much as possible on the 23rd if thats the case as I'm dependant on click and collect due to being high risk. I haven't set foot in a Tesco's since March.
    Maybe supervalu will have available slots.

What's strange for me in Dublin northside is that I can pick any home delivery slot I want for that following week... but absolutely zero click collect availability.

What's strange for me in Dublin northside is that I can pick any home delivery slot I want for that following week... but absolutely zero click collect availability.

I managed to get a click and collect slot with Super-Valu, so at least thats something!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Dunnes are planning to do

LOL. Sorry for offtopic. I just surprised to hear the Dunnes is still planning to do something :D

Dunnes was our main source until pandemic. In March they had vouchers lasting for 3 weeks which was more or less in line with my "mimize contacts" policy and i was still shopping there. After this some ingenious marketer there decided to decrease voucher duration to two weeks. So i had to switch to Tesco because they have delivery which i can handle contactless. It is somewhat more expensive, but more reliable than having any deals with unpredictable Dunnes which, as i can recognise now, is still planning to do something to adapt to new reality.. They could make children over these 9 months of covid, the only thing they cannot do is a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Makes more sense to have online-only "fulfilment stores" like Dunnes are planning to do when they enter the home delivery market.

And in the interim they have outsourced their home delivery to Buymie for all of Ireland and do a limited service in Cornelscourt via flipdish app.

https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/fresh-food/grocery/grocery-delivery

Now the challenge with Buymie is the added fees like the 5.75% platform charge, the 1€ processing fee and the 21% VAT on platform/processing in addition to the delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And in the interim they have outsourced their home delivery to Buymie for all of Ireland and do a limited service in Cornelscourt via flipdish app.

https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/fresh-food/grocery/grocery-delivery

Now the challenge with Buymie is the added fees like the 5.75% platform charge, the 1€ processing fee and the 21% VAT on platform/processing in addition to the delivery charges.
    It's not a problem that's suddenly sprung on you. You know about the costs and decide accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's not a problem that's suddenly sprung on you. You know about the costs and decide accordingly.

yes, and the fee is actually reasonable, way lower than their 12.5% markup on Lidl.

• Advertisement

Buymie is great, a bit pricey but happy to pay a small premium when stuck and need the shopping done last minute.

Why would you need shopping last minute? Just do some planning and order a week ahead. It will be cheaper with Tesco/

Advertisement