Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Graces7 wrote: »
    I miss raiding the reduced counters!

Mmm family sized lasagne for €1.75!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭runswithascript

SusanC10 wrote: »
    For the last few weeks, the Drivers have been wearing masks. Before that especially over the Summer, it was sporadic.
    But they always stand well back from the front door. Some even go and wait at the van after they have put the crates at the door.
    In fairness, I have found Tesco Customer Service on the phone to be very good anytime I have had to phone.

I spoke with customer service and I have to echo what you have said. Sean answered the call and he was brilliant. He told me that they leave masks up to the drivers but that they should be standing 2 metres backs. He wanted to take details but I told him that because I did not mention it to the driver at the time and give him an opportunity to correct where he was standing it would not be right to complain about him but he told me he would send feedback to the store manager without the driver being singled out and a reminder would go out to all of them.

He also told me that if you request contactless delivery in the notes explaining you are very high risk the driver will stay very well back and often the drivers go back to the van after placing the order down and call the customer, who never sees them - I will be doing this from now on.

I think at this point Tesco should be making it policy for drivers to wear masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Do the drivers that deliver to you wear masks?

We are very high risk and this is mentioned in the notes we leave on the order and maybe once or twice during the pandemic drivers have worn masks but even when not wearing masks the majority of the drivers stand well back after leaving the food down. This morning the driver left the delivery between our door and him but he did not seem to stand back and he was unmasked. I am kicking myself now for not saying something.

I assumed the driver would stand back so I answered the door not wearing one but I will not make the same mistake again.

I know the drivers are outside but they also can it seems come close to a lot of customers and we are in a second wave. Tesco should be instructing their drivers to wear masks when delivering food, if the the drivers do not like it they should find another job.

I get a delivery every week and I have never had a driver wear a mask.
    The delivery driver last week was dropping the crates into my hall until I stopped him!! In fairness he was trying to be helpful. I always ask them to leave them in my front garden and I sort it out myself.

In the original lockdown I was pregnant and they would often leave everything in my garden and collect the crates at the next delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭lucalux

I've had most keep their distance, but one guy was being 'helpful' and started unpacking my shopping from the Tesco crates into my own boxes, had to ask him to leave it repeatedly. The problem wasn't him being helpful, but his being about 6inches away from me btw

Only the one, mind. All the others were grand about distancing

If you shop online you might get the surveys after a shop? That's a good way to give feedback too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I think at this point Tesco should be making it policy for drivers to wear masks.

They absolutely should

Are you on Twitter? If you are, Tweet the above and tag both Tescos and Tescos Ireland in it. If you have the time, do some digging on Google to find some senior people in Tescos and tag them too

If you're not on Twitter, find a relative who is

It's unfortunate that this method of calling businesses out online is one of the better ways to get results, but here we are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Drivers wearing masks is kind of cosmetic isn't it giving that you can't guarantee that everybody in the whole chain from production over shop picket to your front door did wear a mask or washed their hands?

With this thing surviving even on frozen food for days as the Chinese CDC claim now it just takes one person down the food chain not to wear a mask and you not whipping down each item with anti-viral solution or sterilizing it.

My drivers park on the street, we have a quick chat over distance how to do this exchange and s/he gets the crates to my front door while I wait two meters away.

We have a chat about what's missing and the weather/small talk and then s/he is on way and taking the last weeks empty crates that I put into the doorway. I than take the new ones in and pack out.

My Tesco deliver guys are usual great and it comes down to set the right expectations when they pull up. I leave it to them to make a choice to wear a mask or not because I can't guarantee that everybody who ever encountered my food has followed guidelines.

Nor can I guarantee that I did not get it since my last test and hence the empty crate I give the driver (even after I wiped it) does not have this thing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Do the drivers that deliver to you wear masks?

Some do and some don't.

I find click and collect much better. You drive up, they leave the boxes by your boot and no struggle to avoid an overly helpful delivery person.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    They absolutely should

Are you on Twitter? If you are, Tweet the above and tag both Tescos and Tescos Ireland in it. If you have the time, do some digging on Google to find some senior people in Tescos and tag them too

If you're not on Twitter, find a relative who is

It's unfortunate that this method of calling businesses out online is one of the better ways to get results, but here we are

What I found horrific was that they were bringing people whose click and collect payments had failed into their office to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

What I found horrific was that they were bringing people whose click and collect payments had failed into their office to pay.

Absolutely bring this to their social media pages. Unfortunately it's the quickest way to get company's attention these days

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Absolutely bring this to their social media pages. Unfortunately it's the quickest way to get company's attention these days

I don't participate in social media!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wearing masks outside is pure O/T....

I know we are over half a year in now but it's still extremely weird and understandably hard to get into the stepping back or leaving it when before all this the people would be giving out loads that the drivers were unhelpful or whatever.

Good ideas are if you want distance, set up a small table, even a chair or two, use a car boot etc etc... Then just stay back till you feel safe etc....

People are different and do things differently.

I don't really see an issue with this unless it was a cubicle size toilet or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,452 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Good ideas are if you want distance, set up a small table, even a chair or two, use a car boot etc etc... Then just stay back till you feel safe etc...

Great tips, especially car boot if you are in an apartment.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Wearing masks outside is pure O/T....

I know we are over half a year in now but it's still extremely weird and understandably hard to get into the stepping back or leaving it when before all this the people would be giving out loads that the drivers were unhelpful or whatever.

Good ideas are if you want distance, set up a small table, even a chair or two, use a car boot etc etc... Then just stay back till you feel safe etc....

People are different and do things differently.

I understand that it's not natural to keep distance, absolutely, we're not programmed to think like that.

But - if you do all that, say to the driver "leave them there on that, and i'll work away transferring the shopping myself, and someone still comes right up on top of you - despite everything you could have done being done - then yeah it could be improved upon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Drivers wearing masks is kind of cosmetic isn't it giving that you can't guarantee that everybody in the whole chain from production over shop picket to your front door did wear a mask or washed their hands?

With this thing surviving even on frozen food for days as the Chinese CDC claim now it just takes one person down the food chain not to wear a mask and you not whipping down each item with anti-viral solution or sterilizing it.

My drivers park on the street, we have a quick chat over distance how to do this exchange and s/he gets the crates to my front door while I wait two meters away.

We have a chat about what's missing and the weather/small talk and then s/he is on way and taking the last weeks empty crates that I put into the doorway. I than take the new ones in and pack out.

My Tesco deliver guys are usual great and it comes down to set the right expectations when they pull up. I leave it to them to make a choice to wear a mask or not because I can't guarantee that everybody who ever encountered my food has followed guidelines.

Nor can I guarantee that I did not get it since my last test and hence the empty crate I give the driver (even after I whipped it) does not have this thing on it.

Jeez you found of the old whip ain't ye lol.
    Poor crates must hate going to your house knowing they are going to get whipped lol.

lucalux wrote: »
    I understand that it's not natural to keep distance, absolutely, we're not programmed to think like that.

But - if you do all that, say to the driver "leave them there on that, and i'll work away transferring the shopping myself, and someone still comes right up on top of you - despite everything you could have done being done - then yeah it could be improved upon I think.

I get that but unfortunately some are just like this, some find it extremely difficult and some wouldn't have certain skills so sometimes it's best to put something in place if this is the case and it makes it easier for the purchaser if they're worried.
    That's not meant as an insult in any way either, I find it hard myself, in work it's weird and as it is we are some of the only ones that go to a canteen with many others yet nobody else can as they're not at work.

I get that but unfortunately some are just like this, some find it extremely difficult and some wouldn't have certain skills so sometimes it's best to put something in place if this is the case and it makes it easier for the purchaser if they're worried.
    That's not meant as an insult in any way either, I find it hard myself, in work it's weird and as it is we are some of the only ones that go to a canteen with many others yet nobody else can as they're not at work.

No I agree with you it's not easy for all, and it's something that is new to everyone. I suppose we're learning as we go and that will bring teething problems.

Being clear in the delivery instructions at the beginning is important for anyone needing to be extra careful. Saying you are cocooning, or high-risk etc, does make a difference, and they are really accommodating I've found, they will do their utmost.

It's just hard when you're trying to balance being careful, and not coming across as rude, to someone who's doing a very hectic job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

I think about 90% of the time, my delivery guys are in masks, but I'm inside an apartment building.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Can’t bate the Tesco delivery. Don’t know why I didn’t use it before. Haven’t been in a shop for 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just had a Tesco delivery earlier and the guy drove off and left the crates behind. Didn't say a word, about picking them up later or anything.

I rang customer service to ask what the story with that was and they said we could keep them, but we have no use for them, and asked for someone to come get them. Anyway they say someone will ring to come get them in a next few days. Asked if it was ok to bring them in the house, as its Halloween and we don't want some kids taking them to burn them on a bon fire.

Very strange, if the driver was in a rush, he could have said something, but not a word and just drove off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

wes wrote: »
    Just had a Tesco delivery earlier and the guy drove off and left the crates behind. Didn't say a word, about picking them up later or anything.

I rang customer service to ask what the story with that was and they said we could keep them, but we have no use for them, and asked for someone to come get them. Anyway they say someone will ring to come get them in a next few days. Asked if it was ok to bring them in the house, as its Halloween and we don't want some kids taking them to burn them on a bon fire.

Very strange, if the driver was in a rush, he could have said something, but not a word and just drove off.

Great service, no rushing to take the stuff out or anything. One driver told me to leave them out at the gate, said someone will see them when passing and get them. Didn’t do that, just keep them until next delivery.

hurikane wrote: »
    Great service, no rushing to take the stuff out or anything. One driver told me to leave them out at the gate, said someone will see them when passing and get them. Didn’t do that, just keep them until next delivery.

If he was in a rush and said that they can be picked up next week, would have had no problem with that. We could just store them outside in our back garden for next week in our shed. Its just that this guy drove off and didn't say anything. We are usually done unpacking stuff in about 5 minutes.

The service is great to be fair. We don't usually have issues. Its no big deal really. Worse comes to worse we will give back the crates next week.

I guess if it happens again, we will just hang on to them until the next delivery.

wes wrote: »

Drivers have done that to me long before Covid. Not just tesco, but Super Valu too. One recent driver said "sure you'll order from us again". Hard to deny.

Put it in a corner, whats the issue?

The driver was clearly in a rush. The 5 minutes collecting time was too much for his schedule. Ringing Tesco about it just uses up further reduced resources. Just give them back next time.

Drivers have done that to me long before Covid. Not just tesco, but Super Valu too. One recent driver said "sure you'll order from us again". Hard to deny.

Put it in a corner, whats the issue?

Well we don't have a lot of room to store crates, but if it happens again, will just hold on to them and give them back the next week. Just didn't know what we are supposed to do is all.

Anyway, customer service cleared it up for us. So all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The survey following delivery now includes a question if the driver was wearing a face covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Weird experience with Tesco Delivery this am.
    Got a call at 9am (Delivery due 12-2) saying that he was the driver and needed directions to our house.
    Deliveries will no longer come from our closest largest shop but from a different shop in a different County.
    So he has now been and gone over 2 hours early (which is fine).
    Nice enough chap. No face mask but did stand well back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Face mask under chin then pulled up to under nose for mine yesterday. What’s the point in that.

I’ve been classed very High risk since the the first lock down so using delivery again. We used to use it anyways but stopped because we were fine to go get ours and didn’t want to take it off others.

Does anyone know how Christmas delivery goes? I didn’t use it last year for Christmas but I’d really like to avoid the stores. Does it go up three weeks in advance like now?

Does anyone know how Christmas delivery goes? I didn’t use it last year for Christmas but I’d really like to avoid the stores. Does it go up three weeks in advance like now?

Would be interested in the answer to this too.

We have been using the Deliveries for over 10 years but not at Christmastime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Would be interested in the answer to this too.

We have been using the Deliveries for over 10 years but not at Christmastime.

Iirc it goes up late Nov for priority booking extra with delivery saver, but don't know about non-saver bookings.

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    We weren't on Delivery Saver as pre-Pandemic we were getting 1 Delivery per month most but not all months.
    Then they closed it to new applications so couldn't join.

Advertisement