Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hazard a guess for when the gyms will re-open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭sugarman20

Thank feck for that. I'm a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 banana_split

Thank God the gyms are opening up!
    I'm lucky that I have a barbell & squat rack at home, but I find it hard to motivate myself without the buzz of people in the gym.

I won't be able to sleep on 28th with the excitement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Rosita

We'll know soon enough, as long as social distancing and hygiene protocols are in place should be ok

I think so. I was in Liffey Valley shopping centre yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised at how normal the experience was. All the shops I was in and noticed as I passed seemed to be taking it in their stride and everything was fuss-free. Gyms should go as close to normal as they can. We are big enough to take care of ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

We're back! Stay safe all!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Press conference underway on Virgin Media zone now and the ticker tape saying both gyms and pools opening early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Awesome, now to see how accessible my gym will be.

I'd be surprised if I still fit into my pre-March gym clothes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wonder which show he'll quote this time.

Please let it be Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

It was the Mean Girls movie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Will peeps have to pre book now and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

zweton wrote: »
    Will peeps have to pre book now and stuff?

I presume that's the only way they can manage the numbers

Instagram post from Gym plus...looking forward to the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭ongarite

Ben Dunne gyms in a bit of a pickle now.
    Don't think they were working off the opening roadmap being accelerated like this from first date of August 10th.

Staying closed until September/October wouldn't be good for retaining members.

My local gym opening fully on 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

I know they said 50 people allowed indoors but that must depend on the size, I wonder if there's a requirement of people per square meter or something.... I asked my gym but no response yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

ongarite wrote: »
    Don't think they were working off the opening roadmap being accelerated like this from first date of August 10th.

Yeah I'm waiting to see if they'll change their Sep/Oct staggered opening if not I'll be requesting a refund

Mars Bar wrote: »

Saw that. Ffs.

Just saw this in a tweet:

o-TINA-FEY-BIRTHDAY-570.jpg

With the caption: "Get in loser, we're going to Phase 3" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

xtal191 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm waiting to see if they'll change their Sep/Oct staggered opening if not I'll be requesting a refund

I can't see this changing. From the last interview I heard with Ben he was pushing the online classes and emphasized no showers/wet areas. Just arrive in gym gear workout and leave. As I mainly use free weights, shower, jacuzzi (Carlisle) I emailed on how to request a refund. Have a few bits at home that has tied me over but for me I think it's time to a new gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,874 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

are pools/saunas etc back open if part of the gym?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »

The image of a person swimming in the gymplus image on social media would suggest so. Waiting for email with details.

Not sure about saunas though, doubt it.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Apparently Varadker was being slagged/dared by some actor to reference whatever is was he used (didn't hear the speech - have grown tired of the staged statesmanship). He certainly brings a particular type of 'gravitas' to the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

silverharp wrote: »

Yes to pools. I doubt it for saunas

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lusocu

Over the last 3 months I have had many vivid nighttime dreams of deadlifting a glorious weight from the floor. It's been almost sexual in nature. I'm trembling all over at the thought of finally ripping up that weight with my now smooth soft uncalloused hands.

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »

The funny thing is that they don't seem to have even been bothered by the 10th August in the first place either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Will I be able to take a shower after my gym session?? I don’t want to get into my car all sweaty and smelly.

Will I be able to take a shower after my gym session?? I don’t want to get into my car all sweaty and smelly.

If it's the same as dressing rooms on shops I'd say not, assume it will be in gym emails when they come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

There’s a great item on amazon called FIIT towel if memory serves me right, me and most of the family bought one. It’s a sweat/odor resistant handy pullover for your car seat. Not like a cover, check it out. Machine washable too. Great for after a run or if you’re in a rush from the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Last I heard from WW (FB Page) many weeks ago was they were going with July opening.

Not a peep out of them since yesterday's announcement. Nothing on their FB or insta, ive had no emails or texts either.

Most gyms wuda been having work done so not able to make July 29th announcer yday. I guess another 2 or 3 weeks wait is ok especially for the never ending expansion of my beer belly!!

Most gyms wuda been having work done so not able to make July 29th announcer yday. I guess another 2 or 3 weeks wait is ok especially for the never ending expansion of my beer belly!!

Flyefit sit they would be in a position to open whenever the government said they could

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NotMOL

No announcement from flyefit yet. I have a feeling they won't open on the 29th because they seem happy enough doing the instagram live shows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I doubt it. And on that note I'd be hoping for a reduction in fees. At the end of the day their bills are incorporated into our fees.

• Advertisement

I’ve seen a lot of these muscle muppets who film themselves and show on Instagram, and they are always in same gym gear afterwards when they get their Starbucks or gorging on their donuts. Have always wondered if they are not taking shower before leaving the gym.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement