Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

In bed. 10 minutes to go before getting up time. Mouth is acting up again. I had to take the drugs closer than their spaced out time. Le Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The hills are alive , with the sound of music . . Not really just thought I'd annoy you all with an annoying earworm . Well , they say sharing is caring , ye're all welcome :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    @Kowloon, it seems to me that woman was quite abrasive and was looking to be offended. I don't see how finding rape jokes dark humour is misogynistic. You'd be better off steering well clear of her anyway, she sounds like a head wrecker.

I was actually saying they would cross the line for me. I know people who've been abused and I know how upsetting it can be. That's why, despite saying I have a dark sense of humour, I wouldn't make rape jokes.
    I dunno, I'll just have to leave it go.

So everything set and feeling good about the move Phoenix?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,518 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Drinking tea. That's the excitement for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I had left a skirt into a dressmaker in February
    Between lockdown and then forgetting it afterwards and then they only opening staggered hours, I only finally collected it today.
    What's the bet it won't fit me anymore?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and two squares of lindt creamy chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just realized that I haven’t see inside an aircraft for ONE month :):) Gotta change my job description to “hotel room bum”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

kowloon wrote: »
    I was actually saying they would cross the line for me. I know people who've been abused and I know how upsetting it can be. That's why, despite saying I have a dark sense of humour, I wouldn't make rape jokes.
    I dunno, I'll just have to leave it go.

Nah my friend,she was coming across as trying to back you in a corner for whatever reason she had.You didn't do anything wrong.so don't lose heart in your pursuit of happiness.BTW I would send her to the pigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Oh dear have you got someone to mind you?

I do, thanks grem :)

No headache today so that's an improvement

on my bed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Phoenix , best of luck in your new home , I hope it's a positive happy move for you .

Dog fed , birds fed , chicken stir fry for dinner later . Other than that , nothing exciting happening here , and there's nothing wrong with that either :pac:

• Advertisement

In werk listening to a module I just bought, Fragile Selves: Working with Narcissistic and Borderline States of Mind.

I'll have my eye on all of you now.

:D

In werk listening to a module I just bought, Fragile Selves: Working with Narcissistic and Borderline States of Mind.

You will need more than one eye if your going by that BS reasoning.What is it with people now over analyzing **** to fit in?

You will need more than one eye if your going by that BS reasoning.What is it with people now over analyzing **** to fit in?

You seem rather angry I Am. Would you like a cup of tea?

You seem rather angry I Am. Would you like a cup of tea?

I am not angry at all sweetheart,just posting my point of view.If your offering tea I prefer Earl Grey.

I am not angry at all sweetheart,just posting my point of view.If your offering tea I prefer Earl Grey.

Strong or weak?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I'm all packed and mostly ready, some last minute grooming tonight :pac:There's a lot of variables out of my control tomorrow but fingers crossed I'll get there in one piece by tomorrow night :)
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Phoenix , best of luck in your new home , I hope it's a positive happy move for you .

Thank you mam, I really hope it will be :)

But but I have Borderline Personality Disorder so you already anaylse me :D

On the couch thinking about what to have for dinner later.

Strong or weak?

I definitely don't think myself weak,so what are you hoping as a end scenario?

I was referring to the tea.

I was referring to the tea.

Wasn't thinking of tea at all.But sure let's go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Is that related to your job or just an interest, Perse? Your dark triad test fairly spot on for me to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

My ears were burning!!

A little bit of over analysis there yourself bai

What a wonderful day to be alive...work over... mayhaps a beer & some shenanigans ...who knows?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Is that related to your job or just an interest, Perse? Your dark triad test fairly spot on for me to be fair.

Dark triad test? Where can I do that? I've always suspected I might be Chinese and involved in organised crime.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A nice evening for dossing on the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Dark triad test? Where can I do that? I've always suspected I might be Chinese and involved in organised crime.

The name does fit!

Here ya go
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058088112

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Evening all. Kept myself busy today with household chores. I've been very, very demotivated for almost 6 months now, pre-lock down in fact, for various reasons, so it's good to have a relatively productive day.

@Kowloon: that woman on the dating website was nothing but a beeatch looking for someone to be outraged by. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what you said to her and her response was pathetic. No reflection on you, whatsoever. Delete the non-entity from your mind and move on.

@Perse: I don't know if you're training to be a mental health professional but if you are and a narcissist comes through your door put them straight back out of it. I'm speaking as someone who comes from a vipers den of cluster B personality disorders. These people are irredeemable ( I'm excluding Borderline from that. This can be very treatable once they are open to it and I think they are unfairly clumped in with the others)

I'm going to do a bit of writing tonight. I've been stuck in a loop, hung up on an event from long ago. Not a negative event at all, quite the opposite in fact but remembering it has provoked overwhelming sadness for months now. If I ever thought of it before it woukd provoke a fuzzy feeling and a wistful smile before leaving my thoughts again . Obviously, this moment has taken on a new meaning now and is representing some kind of loss that I need to process. The trouble is I don't know what, so round and round I go and every few weeks I end up crashing emotionally and breaking down in floods of tears. I'm hoping I might get to the true heart of the issue by writing about it and eventually crafting a piece of creative writing out of it so I can have something concrete and 'tangible' with a beginning, middle and an end (even an open end) so I can move on.

Missing some people on here. And feck the glitch!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Or maybe back to bed, don't feel well..

Ah no, feel better soon..... we'll have to keep Perse as our boards-mammy tonight...... we're doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hope you feel better soon, Grem

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »

@Perse: I don't know if you're training to be a mental health professional but if you are and a narcissist comes through your door put them straight back out of it. I'm speaking as someone who comes from a vipers den of cluster B personality disorders. These people are irredeemable ( I'm excluding Borderline from that. This can be very treatable once they are open to it and I think they are unfairly clumped in with the others)

I'm going to do a bit of writing tonight. I've been stuck in a loop, hung up on an event from long ago. Not a negative event at all, quite the opposite in fact but remembering it has provoked overwhelming sadness for months now. If I ever thought of it before it woukd provoke a fuzzy feeling and a wistful smile before leaving my thoughts again . Obviously, this moment has taken on a new meaning now and is representing some kind of loss that I need to process. The trouble is I don't know what, so round and round I go and every few weeks I end up crashing emotionally and breaking down in floods of tears. I'm hoping I might get to the true heart of the issue by writing about it and eventually crafting a piece of creative writing out of it so I can have something concrete and 'tangible' with a beginning, middle and an end (even an open end) so I can move on.

Missing some people on here. And feck the glitch!

That ship has sailed Sardi ;)

Writing down how you feel can be a powerful way of getting clarity and feeling a bit of a release. Try to not to think about it all too hard though. Sometimes just accepting that you are in a process is enough without also having to make sense of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement