Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Busy night here , can't keep up with the thread at all !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's the point, I've a marathon of work here inside and out but all I want is to go away for a few days to somewhere where the weather knows it's June :(
    Tbh I'm still nervous to go anywhere in Ireland yet. I'm so used to staying home or just going to work, I don't know if I'd book a stay cation just yet.

I was talking earlier about booking an air bnb somewhere with a few things scenic things to see. It would be quiet enough - make breakfast and lunch, then takeaway and a few drinks at night. Anything to see a different set of walls at this stage!

Good weather would be a bonus though.

... glitch glitch glitch ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ... glitch glitch glitch ..

I thought it was just me.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Damn that weighing scales anyway.. It's lying and gravity is extra strong today.

• Advertisement

NewRed I remember empty glass bottles of britvic in the shed at home. I used them for my concoctions and might even have poured one over the head of my younger cousin :pac:

I am couchside getting ready to watch Snowpiercer and eyeing up a beer. Ponstan and booze? Don't mind if I do!

Now everyone get back on your knees praying!!

:D

Damn that weighing scales anyway.. It's lying and gravity is extra strong today.

I think they're all broken, Grem. Better to be safe and avoid them altogether.

RMAOK wrote: »
    I thought it was just me.....

That was a long glitch !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I think they're all broken, Grem. Better to be safe and avoid them altogether.

Mine you can weigh yourself, step off, and weigh yourself again, out by a pound and a half. I don't bother myself with it now and just go on what I do on the exercise bike. Up to 32km today, want to get to 50 because it's a nice round number. Need to buy some weights but they're something you can't really order on Amazon, what with them being heavy and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Keeping the husbag company while he does a bit of work. I’m drinking so I’m happy anyway

• Advertisement

Was in Lidl today , those apple turnovers look lovely , but I left them there . Bypassed the yum yums too !
    I did pick up the pan au chocolait or whatever you call them , the one's with chocolate in the middle :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    *crossface*

Deskisde doing my best puppy dog eyed impression for poochie 😸

med_1538326435_image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

NewRed I remember empty glass bottles of britvic in the shed at home. I used them for my concoctions and might even have poured one over the head of my younger cousin :pac:

I am couchside getting ready to watch Snowpiercer and eyeing up a beer. Ponstan and booze? Don't mind if I do!

Now everyone get back on your knees praying!!

Oh Perse, it's wee bottles of magic. The Britvic juice is still sold but the Britvic55 was the fizzy version of it and was nectar of the Gods. Cant find it anywhere nowadays. It vanished, a bit like Fat Frog ice lollies which were the Britvic-55 version of ice creams imo.
    Why do they always take away the good ones? Why God, why???!!
    I'm sure yer cousin thanked you for the free shampoo-job!! :pac:

Nothing wrong with a nice relaxing combo of ponstan and beer, ya mad fooker :D
    Should make ya sleep well anyway, you'll be up fresh as a daisy for the 6pm news tomorrow :)
    But yeah was skimming thread earlier and saw ya mention dental issue alright, hope yer on the mend matey. Take care.

Anyone see honeybear or Guy Person lately?

I hope they're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Oh Perse, it's wee bottles of magic. The Britvic juice is still sold but the Britvic55 was the fizzy version of it and was nectar of the Gods. Cant find it anywhere nowadays. It vanished, a bit like Fat Frog ice lollies which were the Britvic-55 version of ice creams imo.

Yes, that stuff was nice. I made an ersatz version of it with concentrated orange juice and sparkling water put it was a poor imitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Anyone see honeybear or Guy Person lately?

I hope they're ok.

Retro seems quiet too lately.
    And I saw KathleenGrant post in another thread but not been here in a bit.
    People are probably back busy again at work.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I think this place is a bit like a local cafe, sometimes you'll see people who usually come in passing by, like you said, they may be too busy to hang about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

I think this place is a bit like a local cafe, sometimes you'll see people who usually come in passing by, like you said, they may be too busy to hang about.

That's going to be be next user name...... "Bad Curry"

I'm just passing through!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Closest that I can get to a pint of Guinness

518428.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Bypassed the yum yums too !

You have greater willpower than me, Mam! :D

Deskside. Post walk in crazy dense fog, post 2 coffees. Working.

Was invited for pints of Guinness tomorrow evening, but gonna stir clear until i have this impacted wisdom cut out Monday week..

Happy hump day!

• Advertisement

Werk Werk Werk. Day 4 in the House of Pain.

Dave, I'll be thinking of you as travel on your dental journey. Thoughts and prayers.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I think I pulled a muscle from coughing and my back is sore. I have packing to do today and I don't have time for this!

@Perse I'll be on my knees alright but I won't be praying :D

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I think I pulled a muscle from coughing and my back is sore. I have packing to do today and I don't have time for this!

@Perse I'll be on my knees alright but I won't be praying :D

The most I can get in to my mouth is a spaghetti string :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

He got the back seat today so isn’t impressed

attachment.php?attachmentid=518441&d=1593593938

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Werk Werk Werk. Day 4 in the House of Pain.

Dave, I'll be thinking of you as travel on your dental journey. Thoughts and prayers.

:p

Thanks Perse! I'll be sure to keep you all informed about my pain and discomfort! With a bit of luck I'll be doped out of it for a few days :D;) Sounds like you could do with a little somethin somethin for the pain too!

Thanks Perse! I'll be sure to keep you all informed about my pain and discomfort! With a bit of luck I'll be doped out of it for a few days :D;) Sounds like you could do with a little somethin somethin for the pain too!

A joint would be nice Dave but I'll stick to my boring prescription drugs.

All joking aside I do hope the extraction goes well for you. Problems with wisdom teeth can he really painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Deskside with a Coffee, wondering if people will stop whinging as this virus is here for a good while, only so many calls from realitives/friends i can take:(
    so you've lost your holiday, what can i do ?
    Sorry had to vent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

@Perse I'll be on my knees alright but I won't be praying :D[/quote]

What will you be doing? Laying carpet?

Don't you love when you can have a chat with decent , genuinely honest people , and you get each others sense of humour too ?

Anyhow , on topic , oldest munchkin here , painting and singing away happily :)

• Advertisement

Yahoo!! Home time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement