Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tae and toast on the couch. Pain bad today, feckin most of my joints are bad, lot of muscles too. Bugger..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

Went out to a coffee shop for the first time since the reopening. Couldn't help wondering about the etiquette of people going solo in cafe and pubs these days.

Limited tables of four now being taken up by one person. It's not like the other times when you can always be asked if others could sit if the place was busy.

Would some establishments now only take bookings for minimum numbers only?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Absolutely wrecked on the couch. Packed my whole life into one suitcase. Don't ask me how I managed this. Time for a sausage butty! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Love how doggo has decided to call in and mind me

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside trying to appear productive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, not doing so well today with a sore throat, a mouth ulcer, a headache and an infection :(

Bedside, not doing so well today with a sore throat, a mouth ulcer, a headache and an infection :(

Oh dear have you got someone to mind you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh nasty. I can't remember which vitamin that's a sign of being deficient in. Ask your pharmacist.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Oh nasty. I can't remember which vitamin that's a sign of being deficient in. Ask your pharmacist.

B12, vegetarians usually often a supplement for it.

God love you Aspie :( You must be in bits. I hope your painkillers are strong because sleep can being a much needed escape.

Speaking of which, I am bedside eating toast and getting crumbs everywhere :D

• Advertisement

Perse, you're on the toast? Is that indicating recovery?.

Went out to a coffee shop for the first time since the reopening. Couldn't help wondering about the etiquette of people going solo in cafe and pubs these days.

Limited tables of four now being taken up by one person. It's not like the other times when you can always be asked if others could sit if the place was busy.

Would some establishments now only take bookings for minimum numbers only?

I think it will be fine in cafes but I'm not sure about pubs because of their restrictions. I used to love going for a quiet mid week drink by myself. It will probably depend on the pub and their space. I can think of at least 5 where it shouldn't be an issue to book a table for one and there are also pubs open for walk ins.

It's not going to stop me from going back to my solo pint.

Perse, you're on the toast? Is that indicating recovery?.

I am in less pain Grem and can use my teeth, well my left side, to eat rather than my tongue
    :p

I have wrote a poem.............

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I wish, I wish, I wish I had a time machine. (Utterly pointless yearning, I know)

On a positive note, I no longer qualify for a position in The Ministry of Silly Walks.

I'm listening to Falco on an 80s radio station. Das ist gut!

Give us an oul stanza there, Perse.

A Poem. By Persepoly.

This is a poem in celebration
    Of our very own tiny nation
    We are the Wherers of this place
    Full of mischief full of grace
    Sadly along the way
    Some have stopped having their say
    Harry Bailey Consonant and Witchie poo
    Shoes crowded house and gifted too
    There may be those we do not miss
    To name such names would be remiss
    Instead let us fondly think
    Of all who stirred in us the need to drink
    Or laugh or cry,
    Or say to ourselves "Thank God not I"!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In the garage for a smoke post burritos. Yum.
    And like sardonicat wishing I had a time machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Cool poem Perse

That's brilliant Perse!

What year would you set your time machine to, CJ?

Ohh, Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing on the radio now and guess who's getting a home visit tonight? Scrap the time machine.

• Advertisement

Nice verse Perse (geddit, geddit) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You'll be back walking funny, Sardi! :cool:

I'm at home bored off my tits, I even briefly considered cleaning out the kitchen presses. Thankfully, I came to my senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

At home after dinner, stuffed admiring my new nails and hair. Getting the brows done tomorrow too. Thinking what else can I get done now sure the world is my octopus. I was bored earlier in the salon and took a notion to look up all my old school pals on LinkedIn, a few I haven’t seen in years. Christ. I’ve never felt so inadequate in my life. Don’t do it unless you wanna feel like the mouldy crisp left in the crisp packet. But sure I gots fresh hair and nails and am drinking Prosecco so who’s laughing now

Looked up people from school last year i think, pretty mixed bag, still felt crap about myself, my masochistic nature is alive and well.. :o

I was bored earlier in the salon and took a notion to look up all my old school pals on LinkedIn, a few I haven’t seen in years. Christ. I’ve never felt so inadequate in my life. Don’t do it unless you wanna feel like the mouldy crisp left in the crisp packet. But sure I gots fresh hair and nails and am drinking Prosecco so who’s laughing now

Yeah, I get that too. I actually cut contact with everyone due to the embarrassment.
    Nut I did find someone really nice online, she's into the same things as I am, is pretty damn cute and replied and said I made her laugh. :)
    She's in fcuking Wales. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

kowloon wrote: »
    Yeah, I get that too. I actually cut contact with everyone due to the embarrassment.
    Nut I did find someone really nice online, she's into the same things as I am, is pretty damn cute and replied and said I made her laugh. :)
    She's in fcuking Wales. :mad:
    You've nothing to lose with a day trip when it's safe to travel.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Or a quick swim over :)

Perse, your ditty is witty!
    Keep them coming.

Quite possible she was just being nice because she was safely behind a sizeable moat.

Gross TMI warning...
    I am in a round neck vest top because I'm dismantling a bed so quite hot.
    Took a break for a Mini Rapture chocolate ice pop.
    I now have chocolate coated cleavage.
    And no, Seph.. You can't have a photo as proof :D

• Advertisement

Gross TMI warning...
    I am in a round neck vest top because I'm dismantling a bed so quite hot.
    Took a break for a Mini Rapture chocolate ice pop.
    I now have chocolate coated cleavage.
    And no, Seph.. You can't have a photo as proof :D

Maybe can i? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement