Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Got the last four toffee yum yums in Lidl, also got a people size weighing scales next door, who am I fooling? :o

**Automated voice**

"One person at a time please."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Black Forest , happy travels with the don(key)!

Sardonicat , I agree with Leggy , stress could be exacerbating it , take it easy on yourself .

Crazy Cat Lady , lovely gift to receive !

In the car , getting ready to feel human again !
    (Translation- haircut time :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Bo7tnNaCMAE9pCk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just started a week off. Mutt will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Making a list of things I need for the new apartment.

Making a list of crap I need to bring with me.

Trying not to lose my mind :D

Oh that's a really pretty necklace TCCL!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

* Deskside peeking into thread to make sure everyone is behaving themselves*

cia-cat-530929626.jpg

https://www.history.com/.image/t_share/MTU3ODc4NjAyOTgxNDUxMDgx/cia-cat-530929626.jpg

You have been away too long if you think this rabble behave.

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have a package for Seph to entice him back. (I can hear the cogs in the dirty minds turning!)

Omg you deserve post of the month for this post 🤣😸

Cats loves boxes 😸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Do you do a build to order type thing? There's a few harleys around here but the owners seem to change them a lot. Keep buying and selling.

Once maybe twice a year we get an order to build one from the ground up.But mostly it is just modifying their bikes into chops,bobbers,trike,etc.

Reading back over the thread this morning and having a clearer head.I thought you meant you had a Buell with softtail parts.Thought to myself Dear God that has to be one ugly bike!Anytime I see the word Heritage,a softtail springs in my head.I'm easily confused at times.

Even typing springs made me think of a Springer,

Omg you deserve post of the month for this post 🀣😸

Cats loves boxes 😸

I did it!!! I enticed him back!!!

All hail Buile The Great!!!!!! :):):):)

• Advertisement

Couchside on a break. Put in an awful night and morning. Some of you weren't saying prayers!!

*crossface*

Couchside on a break. Put in an awful night and morning. Some of you weren't saying prayers!!

*crossface*

Garth Brooks did sing about Unanswered Prayers, so it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Welcome back, Seph! :)

Put some lube on the socket, Perse, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm no computator scientologist but I can't get my head around how a lossy format can beat FLAC and come in smalled. I'm still making do with mp3 like the technological troglodyte I am.

That's the debate isn't it.. and I honestly can't argue it.. :D but in all my years of listening to various formats, the quality that MQA files output is absolutely incredible. At the end of the day it's down to personal preference I guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I did it!!! I enticed him back!!!

All hail Buile The Great!!!!!! :):):):)

Name change required definitely now!

Name change required definitely now!

I would but I'm not a fancy subscriber so I can't do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hi Seph.
    Were you sulking or just lurking? :)
    Mam, how did your hair cut turn out?
    I'm taking my annual leave starting today but it's such an anticlimax.
    I'm looking around the house for jobs to do instead of planning nice trips :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

cia-cat-530929626.jpg

I'm sorry, do we know you ?
    *crossface*

Welcome back Sephers! :p
    :pac: :pac:

Sitting on the dock of the bay.....
    In my dreams maybe , in reality waiting on the garlic bread to bake !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at home, finishing off marking a big batch of year 4 assignments ahead of the deadline of tomorrow afternoon for all student work for Semester 2 ahead of the exam board meeting on Friday week.

Here's hoping July will be better weather wise than June!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Black Forest , happy travels with the don(key)!

Sardonicat , I agree with Leggy , stress could be exacerbating it , take it easy on yourself .

Crazy Cat Lady , lovely gift to receive !

In the car , getting ready to feel human again !
    (Translation- haircut time :pac: )
    Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Making a list of things I need for the new apartment.

Making a list of crap I need to bring with me.

Trying not to lose my mind :D

Oh that's a really pretty necklace TCCL!

Thanks guys :D was a lovely surprise, I know the guy fancies me, but I'm not really in the right 'headspace' to date at the moment

Couchside, so full after my dinner.

Welcome back Seph :D

Hi Seph.

Turned out great PM thank you. It's huge the difference having your hair cut can make you feel , always a nice boost imo .

Enjoy your leave , you'll plan a few nice trips around the place I'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I was on the M7 yesterday and today for the first time in months. I nearly pissed myself with the sheer excitement. :D But I got done today in Kildare for spoiling myself at 134kph in a 120kph. No mercy. But then I'm delighted to cough up the fine to contribute to the busted economy.

I'm not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Had a lovely Chinese....diet lasted 24 hours.....

Tomorrow's another day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Welcome back, Seph!

Cat Lady, sometimes it's just lovely to know someone thinks you're special, even when the timing's wrong or circumstances don't allow anything to happen or you're falling just short of feeling it yourself. Fair play to him for letting his feelings show with that gesture. That takes courage and is a sign he's fairly special himself. These are the gestures that you carry with you through life and sustain you through tough times.

Speaking of which, it turns out I did a bit of damage when I fell today. As I tried to right myself my ankle gave way (thanks to my stupid, fabulous, groovy 90s vibe sandals with the tyre track soles ) . It didn't hurt that much at the time and was just a bit sore for a few hours after. But once I tried to stand up after lunch that changed drastically. I've now got a ridiculous walk that would function superbly in a paraody of the Gestapo lads in 'Allo 'Allo.

Proper little rain cloud I am today. Keeping myself smiling with a memory of someone who let me know he found me special long, long ago (Please don't tell Mr. Sardi, Cat Lady has me all nostalgic)

Now it's time to limp off to make a bed (baaad idea to change the sheets today) and chase down a cat so he can have his inhaler. This will probably hurt a lot but look hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just back from the supermarket. Trying to go in person every other shop so I don't become a total recluse.
    Young lad cycled in to me, came around a blind corner on his bike at full tilt. Gave me some shock but he got an equal shock as I just shouted WTF at him a couple of times! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Hi Seph.
    There's plenty of hoovering and mopping here if you're at a loose end.

I'll throw in a takeaway too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I was on the M7 yesterday and today for the first time in months. I nearly pissed myself with the sheer excitement. :D But I got done today in Kildare for spoiling myself at 134kph in a 120kph. No mercy. But then I'm delighted to cough up the fine to contribute to the busted economy.

I'm not really.

Ah yeah they're forever on the N7 and M7 these days, it's a novelty to do a journey there now and NOT see a Guard or a speed van. I'm on that twice a day Mon-Fri and ya gotta drive like a nun on there really. Or a priest, I've no idea why I resorted to such blatant sexism there, just drive like a member of the clergy, I don't mind offending countless catholics once I keep it gender neutral....

Actually I was driving on a rural road the other day and tipping along in my (not so) sexy red van and like most modern vans you cant see back with rear view mirror and I was in the process of attempting to open a bottle of orangina (closest thing I can find to Britvic-55 these days which used to be BEAUTIFUL by the way) and eventually spotted the blue lights flashing behind me in the wing mirror. Fecker in his jeep tailing me and giving me the flashing blue lights, no siren though.
    So I checked speedo and 104 in a 100 zone. Was well p!ssed off.
    No hard shoulder so I'm now looking for somewhere to pull in but cant find anywhere and also now frantically trying to get lid back on the feckin orangina. Eventually I just had to indicate left to let him/her know I was intending to pull over when I could and I'm rehearsing my speech about 104 in a 100 being harsh when suddenly he overtakes me and flies past me.
    Then I copped (pun intended) that it wasn't a Garda jeep but a fire jeep.
    He pulled in a bit up the road at some houses, none of which had any smoke coming from them so God only knows.....
    Some relief though. Never drank the orangina after. Got in and poured myself a nice glass of vino instead. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There's plenty of hoovering and mopping here if you're at a loose end.

I'll throw in a takeaway too.

That's the point, I've a marathon of work here inside and out but all I want is to go away for a few days to somewhere where the weather knows it's June :(
    Tbh I'm still nervous to go anywhere in Ireland yet. I'm so used to staying home or just going to work, I don't know if I'd book a stay cation just yet.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement