Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Looks like you've some painkillers ahead of you Perse, I've heard of dry socket but never had it. Apparently the general consensus is it sucks.

I've never heard of dry socket. I googled.. Pain radiating from the socket to your ear, eye, temple, neck.

Jaysus! You poor thing Perse. More reason for my dentist fear!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Painkiller club :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm not going to lie, I sobbed like a child with the pain and quickly realised that was making it worse so was reduced to rocking and whimpering. And I'm a seasoned migraine sufferer. Thankfully, my GP sorted me out with some solopadol. He couldn't understand why the dentist wouldn't give me a script for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

kowloon wrote: »
    Looks like you've some painkillers ahead of you Perse, I've heard of dry socket but never had it. Apparently the general consensus is it sucks.

Oh whatever you do, don't go sucking anything for at least a week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Sardonicat wrote: »

Hopefully Phoenix never gets this ailment......

Sardonicat wrote: »

I think you're just ruined someone's week, Sardi.

That's a bit personal ... ;)

:D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Mike Hough wrote: »
    Hopefully Phoenix never gets this ailment......

Perish the thought! :D

Ah Perse it sounds horrific, I hope the dentist gave you loads of lovely drugs. I think that's what I don't like about dentists, doctors always overestimate pain in my experience and dentists underestimate massively. The doctor is like sorry sorry sorry and I'm not even being hurt and the dentist is like aren't you fine as they are hacking away at you :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anyone go for a pint??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Anyone go for a pint??

Nope, couldn't be arsed tbh...will wait a month or 2 is think

Thanks all for the sympathy God knows I am but a delicate creature in need of much attention and pity.

Seriously though it will be grand. The dentist and his nurse were so lovely. I have ponstan to take for 5 days so that will sort me right out. No booze I don't think but sure I wanted to lose a few pound. Every cloud :p

Thanks all for the sympathy God knows I am but a delicate creature in need of much attention and pity.

Seriously though it will be grand. The dentist and his nurse were so lovely. I have ponstan to take for 5 days so that will sort me right out. No booze I don't think but sure I wanted to lose a few pound. Every cloud :p

There, there :P

There, there :P

Aww thanks Grem

*snugglesup*

:p

I'll rub your back if you rub mine :)

No. I am the sufferer that means I get all of the special attention.

Meanie :mad: Ooh crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

No. I am the sufferer that means I get all of the special attention.

I'll rub your special button if you rub mine :pac:

Reliving my emo youth with Korn, System of a Down, Papa Roach, Slipknot and Staind :D

Finje, i'll just go drown my sorrows in lovely lovely guinness tomorrow so :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Anyone go for a pint??

Love one...... only 3000 miles between here and that pint.

GoatBoy74 wrote: »
    Anyone know a good home remedy for sinus headache? before I run amuck and kick the dog, pull the cats tail and drown the goldfish.

How is the head now Goat?

Thank fcuk i'm off for a day tomorrow, rapidly straining my last nerve here

I'm having a really good day today. Some good stuff happened this morning and I felt like maybe things were looking up and then, to top things off, tonight I got a message from a really great portrait artist, saying she wants to get back into painting dogs and wondering if it would be ok to do two paintings of my dogs. One of just my terrier and one of my other two together. Free of charge. She said she'd prefer to rehone her skills by painting dogs for someone she knows loves their pets than just using an internet picture. How seriously nice and generous is that!

I'm sofaside thinking about how there's some really amazing, kind people out there and I'm so grateful to have crossed paths with some of them!

Buile that is very sweet :)

I'm sofaside thinking about how there's some really amazing, kind people out there and I'm so grateful to have crossed paths with some of them!

It's nothing really, I'm just lucky to have been born this way.

Buile that is very sweet :)

Isn't it?

I almost can't cope when people are nice to me! I get all emotional!

kowloon wrote: »
    It's nothing really, I'm just lucky to have been born this way.

:D I'm very very grateful to have crossed paths with you Kowloon! ;)

Isn't it?

I almost can't cope when people are nice to me! I get all emotional!

Haha i get all flustered and often suspicious :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

:D I'm very very grateful to have crossed paths with you Kowloon! ;)

Do please tell ... :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement