Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's miserable, dull and dreary.

What I wouldn't give to be in a pub getting sh1t faced.

... In the Canaries...

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Leggy, five pints in ninety minutes with a whiskey chaser, job done :P

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    My stupid phone is acting up so I can't post the screenshots, but for anyone who followed the Do It For Dan campaign, they've posted an update .
    Sadly Dan won't be able to avail of the treatment they hoped would give him a fighting chance . The update is on the campaign page :(

Ah no, that's so sad. The poor little lad. I hope they can use the funds to spoil him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Hope you are having a lovely weekend :) Happy Pride :)

Couchside

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My stupid phone is acting up so I can't post the screenshots, but for anyone who followed the Do It For Dan campaign, they've posted an update .
    Sadly Dan won't be able to avail of the treatment they hoped would give him a fighting chance . The update is on the campaign page :(

Just read it Mam. Jaysus. Life can be so cruel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah no, that's so sad. The poor little lad. I hope they can use the funds to spoil him.

I think one million is going to another fundraiser for a little girl , just sad all round .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Leggy, five pints in ninety minutes with a whiskey chaser, job done :P

I like your style! Falling out the door leaving behind a full plate of congealed food. :D

Mam, I checked the go fund me page and I can't see the update. I can understand that publishing it wouldn't be a priority and my heart goes out to Dan and his family. It's cruel to have this happen after finally raising the money.

I think one million is going to another fundraiser for a little girl , just sad all round .

Oh no, the little mite :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh heck that news from the dan campaign is heartbreaking

I like your style! Falling out the door leaving behind a full plate of congealed food. :D

Do you know me at all? No food shall be left behind, not a sausage!

• Advertisement

Do you know me at all? No food shall be left behind, not a sausage!

You can have mine too, I'll just be there for the drink. :p

Mam, I checked the go fund me page and I can't see the update. I can understand that publishing it wouldn't be a priority and my heart goes out to Dan and his family. It's cruel to have this happen after finally raising the money.

Its on the Facebook page leggy. Not a nice read.

I would like to apologise to all my comrades in this thread to have (accidently btw) temporarily caused the thread to go into phallic euphemism carnage in the late hours of this morning.
    I am willing to accept any ban for the chaos and offence I caused.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

There is a 2 pint limit here unfortunately... otherwise it would be €9 for a meal that would be left behind...and 105 mins of speed drinking

Mike Hough wrote: »
    There is a 2 pint limit here unfortunately... otherwise it would be €9 for a meal that would be left behind...and 105 mins of speed drinking

I have studied, i know where to go if i'm going. Lunch tuesday booked, dyed herself's hair today in preparation for haircut tomorrow

Mike Hough wrote: »

I live in an area,where closing time laws arent applied (like 9am sunday morning finishs for mass arent unheard of)

I can see these new rules being ignored wholescale and seem unenforcable tbh

Do it for Dan Facebook messages.

Do it for Dan 1.jpg

Do it for Dan 2.jpg

Grandeeod wrote: »

Do it for Dan 1.jpg

Do it for Dan 2.jpg

In the Facebook photos of him, he looks like a typical healthy little chappy.
    You would never think he had such a cruel illness.

Sorry Leggy .

Thanks Grandeeod for posting that :)

Do it for Dan 1.jpg

Do it for Dan 2.jpg
    The poor family, awful way for their hopes to be crushed.

• Advertisement

Life is desperately unfair, gutted for them all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Do it for Dan 1.jpg

Do it for Dan 2.jpg

Ah jeepers. That is so cruel. Poor little mite, and his poor parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Ah christ that's very sad, my heart dropped when I read your post

I live in an area,where closing time laws arent applied (like 9am sunday morning finishs for mass arent unheard of)

I can see these new rules being ignored wholescale and seem unenforcable tbh

+1 here in rural Co Limerick, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing :confused:

That's devastating news for the do it for Dan campaign.
    Tears in my eyes here :(
    I hope the money can help the other little girl they send it to.

The guards have a charity called 'little blue heroes ' we all try to give money & time to it when we can. It's little people with terrible illnesses who want to be guards, they get little uniforms & get brought out doing some jobs. It's so cute, & they love it!
    So, if you ever see Little Blue Heroes, looking for donations....... Keep them in mind :)

bubblypop wrote: »
    That's devastating news for the do it for Dan campaign.
    Tears in my eyes here :(
    I hope the money can help the other little girl they send it to.

Same as that, I'd tears in my eyes reading it, f$^k life is so cruel at times

Everything is a bit bloody grey

Sorry folks for bringing the thread down , I knew so many of you had been following the fundraising, that's all :(

Trying a funny - lovely pic of Adele being driven around by Noel Gallagher
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbjFNmVWoAEM_XU?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement

Sorry folks for bringing the thread down , I knew so many of you had been following the fundraising, that's all :(

You didn't, it's just a funny, gloomy kind of day.

Hard to know who you're talking to in here at times, couple of strange posts today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement