Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

I seriously regret getting that damned tooth out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In my favourite chair in the living room, on my iPad and still in my PJ’s and dressing gown. Today would have been the day of the gay pride parade in Dublin and all the after partying shenanigans Of course, it’s cancelled and there is a “digital Pride” event this year. I would have gone to Pride every couple of years in the past but - since I got sober, I give this a miss in any case.

Back in 2016, when I was over with my big sister in Holland for three weeks and was sober about four months after a 6 week stint in rehab, I went into Amsterdam to see the cool canal Pride (it was the second Canal Pride I went to) and meet up with a gay guy I rather fancied who I’d met at an AA meeting in the city the week earlier. Bad move.

I met up with him and his friends, he was drinking non-alcohol beers, I also had a few and - after a couple of hours - I said f-it and decided to have a proper beer. I ended up a complete mess afterwards, my sister was not impressed, managed to white knuckle sobriety for a few days after but on the day I flew back to Dublin succumbed to the airport bar and relapsed very badly...

Dreadful weather out there - so a big walk in the park will have to be put on hold. Going to check out what this “digital Pride” thing is about in a few mins.

Happy Pride!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Any news on that poor cratur shoes...Has she finally joined that nunnery?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Did you find out who was at your door Phoenix? I absolutely hate if the doorbell rings when I'm in the shower or whatever and they disappear before I get there. Leave a note, something. I'll forever wonder who you were doorbell ringer of may 2018!!!

:D Yeah the curiosity gets to me! If I were you I would have had to shout through the door "Who are you?? State your business!!!"

I live near Pairc Ui Rinn and I can hear people shouting so I reckon there's a match on and someone probably wanted to know if they could park outside. Well they can because I don't have a car nor can I drive so they are welcome to the spot :p

I was sitting on the couch minding my own business when a spider decided to ignore social distancing and crawl along next to my hand. I screamed and jumped out of the chair. I actually took my blanket and moved to another room so the amorous spider can have the couch to itself :p

Waiting for my BBQ chicken pizza to cook in the oven.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I live near Pairc Ui Rinn and I can hear people shouting so I reckon there's a match on and someone probably wanted to know if they could park outside. Well they can because I don't have a car nor can I drive so they are welcome to the spot :p

I was sitting on the couch minding my own business when a spider decided to ignore social distancing and crawl along next to my hand. I screamed and jumped out of the chair. I actually took my blanket and moved to another room so the amorous spider can have the couch to itself :p

Waiting for my BBQ chicken pizza to cook in the oven.

Burn that room to the ground!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My window just banged closed with a gust of wind.
    Why the fook can't this island be located a few hundred miles more southerly???

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Ifyou coulddoit allagain

Why why why Delilah? Very delicate today but sure it's me own doing. Not used to these late Glastonbury nights. Imagine if I actually went to the fookin thing! I'd probably die :pac:

Why why why Delilah? Very delicate today but sure it's me own doing. Not used to these late Glastonbury nights. Imagine if I actually went to the fookin thing! I'd probably die :pac:

Put your head under a cushion, it helps!

Put your head under a cushion, it helps!

With two young kids I don't have that luxury. I am the cushion! Well bouncy castle more like :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning kids, anyone got the energy to make me a mug of tae?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Morning kids, anyone got the energy to make me a mug of tae?

I could make you a mocha?

Just woke up from a nap on the couch and my lungs are sore, little bastards are annoying me at the moment. I seem to think I can pretend I don't have CF since I started these new drugs and my lungs are like we'll show you bitch!! :pac:

Having a mocha to wake myself up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh a treat, please!.

Stuck to the couch full of Solpadeine and Ibuprofen. I have presents for Phoenix and some of them are edible. She is lucky my mouth is in bits or I'd have them ate :D

Currently eating noodles very very slowly.

Phoenix32 wrote: »

Micháel has arrived home so probably a big party going on, no matches being played afaik.

Couchside, just woke up after a little nap, opened the chilli crisps and pondering what I'll have to wash them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What started out as ‘ i might put a new shelf on that wall’ has turned into a major renovation project. I will feel no guilt about eating junk food tonight though.

What started out as ‘ i might put a new shelf on that wall’ has turned into a major renovation project. I will feel no guilt about eating junk food tonight though.

Sending prayers.

Daft Punk Discovery blasting out on the soundbar now while having a cleaning fest. Having listened to it in ages. What a fukin album lads. Definitely their best. Great pick me up music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

So bored, I came in here for a look.

Also loved Homework and Human After All, triple rotation back then, ah youth :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

It's like a Winter's day out there but at the same time quite mild, got a bracing walk done at 8.00 a.m, a great feeling walking in weather like that. Read the Sunday papers and had a lovely bit of lunch, relaxing now with a cool beer, this working from home lark is great, no alarm clock needed for tomorrow morning :D

• Advertisement

Watching Countryfile. Tried to go for a walk but it's absolutely pissing down, here. In desperation, have just googled "where to buy Child of Prague", not that I believe in that stuff.
    Stuck to the couch full of Solpadeine and Ibuprofen. I have presents for Phoenix and some of them are edible. She is lucky my mouth is in bits or I'd have them ate :D

Currently eating noodles very very slowly.
    What happened you? I hope that you're unwell only because you were on-the-tear, and aren't sick-sick?
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    In my favourite chair in the living room, on my iPad and still in my PJ’s and dressing gown. Today would have been the day of the gay pride parade in Dublin and all the after partying shenanigans Of course, it’s cancelled and there is a “digital Pride” event this year. I would have gone to Pride every couple of years in the past but - since I got sober, I give this a miss in any case.

Back in 2016, when I was over with my big sister in Holland for three weeks and was sober about four months after a 6 week stint in rehab, I went into Amsterdam to see the cool canal Pride (it was the second Canal Pride I went to) and meet up with a gay guy I rather fancied who I’d met at an AA meeting in the city the week earlier. Bad move.

I met up with him and his friends, he was drinking non-alcohol beers, I also had a few and - after a couple of hours - I said f-it and decided to have a proper beer. I ended up a complete mess afterwards, my sister was not impressed, managed to white knuckle sobriety for a few days after but on the day I flew back to Dublin succumbed to the airport bar and relapsed very badly...

Dreadful weather out there - so a big walk in the park will have to be put on hold. Going to check out what this “digital Pride” thing is about in a few mins.

Happy Pride!! :D
    Happy Pride J.K, even if it is only digital this year. I put on my old "Tá, Comhionnas" t-shirt this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Watched it last night too, it was absolutely brilliant entertainment for a Saturday night at home with a few beers, woke up this morning and the music was still in my head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I seriously regret getting that damned tooth out.

Taking Solpadeine and Ibuprofen? Try adding cloves to the mix. Chew a few of those at a time and swirl the oil around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, with the sunday blues :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Saw something in my back yard, so I went to have a look
    A softcover Collins 2019 dairy with 2020 written in pen over the old date.
    Opened it up and scanned thru....it's my 9 months pregnant neighbours as it's got a few pages filled with her baby's name And the double barreled surname....

Anyone else thinking there's hassle in her castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

BBC2 on here , window open watching the trees blow madly around the place , it's like an Autumn evening here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's miserable, dull and dreary.

What I wouldn't give to be in a pub getting sh1t faced.

It's miserable, dull and dreary.

What I wouldn't give to be in a pub getting sh1t faced.

Soooooooooooon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

My stupid phone is acting up so I can't post the screenshots, but for anyone who followed the Do It For Dan campaign, they've posted an update .
    Sadly Dan won't be able to avail of the treatment they hoped would give him a fighting chance . The update is on the campaign page :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    My stupid phone is acting up so I can't post the screenshots, but for anyone who followed the Do It For Dan campaign, they've posted an update .
    Sadly Dan won't be able to avail of the treatment they hoped would give him a fighting chance . The update is on the campaign page :(

I'm sorry to hear that, I'd hoped he'd have some years of a relatively normal life. :(

Grem, not until I can stay long enough to make it worth my while!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement