Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,018 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Interesting to see if Gardai will abuse their powers like the way they doing in the UK.

I'm always wary about giving police more powers.

From what I’m seeing I’m more concerned how the general public are abusing restrictions. A party out my neighbors back again, about 12 people going a little ape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Gael23 wrote: »
    The father of a family friend has been in hospital, dying, the past 10 days with absolutely no visitors. Only this morning they were all sent for as it won’t be long now.
    Surely people deserve to be surrounded by loved ones as they approach the end of life no matter what?

People do deserve that, but unfortunately in these circumstances people are not getting what they should deserve in normal times.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

they gave it yesterday too (if not the day before that aswell)

They gave it every day since Monday but people had been led to believe that the German results had been included in the total figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

In China they starve their people thus resulting in viruses like this.

Hardly a model to follow.

A hole of a country.

Ya and you can literally not believe a word they are saying about numbers.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I add more than sarcasm, but thanks for the backseat Modding anyway
    and this is an example of said backseat modding. If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

archive of briefings is here https://www.pscp.tv/rtenews/

Cool thanks 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Is anyone going to shine the light or something tomorrow night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is it as simple as keeping a track of the number waiting for test results is laborious to find out and they don't want to spend the time doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Strumms wrote: »
    From what I’m seeing I’m more concerned how the general public are abusing restrictions. A party out my neighbors back again, about 12 people going a little ape.

Ring the cops. Frustrating enough abiding by the rules when fools like this contribute to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,328 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Gael23 wrote: »
    The father of a family friend has been in hospital, dying, the past 10 days with absolutely no visitors. Only this morning they were all sent for as it won’t be long now.
    Surely people deserve to be surrounded by loved ones as they approach the end of life no matter what?

It's an absolute nightmare but the fear would be that anyone coming in off the street would be carrying the infection with them.

Horrendous situation for the affected families though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

fr336 wrote: »
    Gee I wish I was 22 again and my biggest worry was my current entry level job and a part time degree...wow...

I'd go on the dole for 6 months, get a sharp haircut and swipe right on everything, everything on Tinder.

I'd need another 6 months to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    I have been reading the figures and I have to say that for a country that is very urbanised and has light restrictions compared to the rest of Europe Sweden is not actually doing to badly.

86 deaths, so far, per million population doesn't agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Ring the Gardai, i would.

Danzy wrote: »
    I'd go on the dole for 6 months, get a sharp haircut and swipe right on everything, everything on Tinder.

I'd need another 6 months to recover.

And a lifetime fighting STD's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Is anyone going to shine the light or something tomorrow night ?

RTE are suggesting sending lit lanterns up into the night sky at the exact same time there is an orange fire warning in place and the emergency services are kinda busy with this pandemic thing - sure what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

I have to say, of all the stupid suggestions I've heard this one is in the top five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Rat on them.

Why should they be having a good time and the rest of us miserable as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Did you call the guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    RTE are suggesting sending lit lanterns up into the night sky at the exact same time there is an orange fire warning in place and the emergency services are kinda busy with this pandemic thing - sure what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

I have to say, of all the stupid suggestions I've heard this one is in the top five.

littering and dangerous for wildlife as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭1641

As of Wednesday night? I'm still confused to be honest.
    • So 7K doesn't include German results and is up to Wednesday night.
    • 8K is up to Wednesday night including all the previous tests that were sent to Germany.
    • or 8k is including all results up until tonight?

Always best to stick to one number going forward.

There are three figures given.

7071. This is the total number confirmed up until Wednesday midnight - whether tests were analysed in Germany or in Ireland. The further statistics he gave (median, sex, number admitted to hospital, number admitted to ICU, etc) are all based on this group.

7074. This is the number of cases confirmed by Irish laboritories up until sometime this afternoon. This is the number they have been tracking daily all along.

8089. This is the number of cases confirmed by Irish plus German laboritories up until the same time this afternoon. The 1015 German cases confirmed yesterday and today (ie 8089-7074) represent "historic" infections, ie, probably from two weeks ago or so.

As I understand it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's an absolute nightmare but the fear would be that anyone coming in off the street would be carrying the infection with them.

900 of these cases each day in Spain Italy UK etc.

Yet people need to escape their prison cell that is home.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Ryan Tubridy just had a mild cough. I don't understand how people are getting it worse.

Rat on them.

Why should they be having a good time and the rest of us miserable as ****.

It's not about anyone having a good time and us not, its about them spreading the virus around whilst we all make a considerable effort not to.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to ring the Gardai for others having a party or barbecue etc..in my estate given the present circumstances.

They are prolonging the lockdown for everybody with such sh1thouse behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I hope Ryan Tubridy has stopped shedding the virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

The opening of the late late - wow

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

spookwoman wrote: »
    littering and dangerous for wildlife as well.

Yup.
    An utterly braindead Idea.
    Let's honour Frontline Workers by littering the countryside with literally flaming material that could potentially start gorse fires and injury domestic animals and wildlife.

I'm sure the firefighters, farmers, rescues, and vets are thrilled to be thus honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Bannasidhe wrote: »

where did they say that? https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2020/0403/1128326-shineyourlight-with-rte-on-saturday-april-11th/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

1500 new cases in Ireland!!! wtaf !! ???

Whats going on ??

edit thats what worldometer says, RTE news say 400 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Lovely speech by Ryan Tubirdy just now on LLS. He seems quite emotional

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

owlbethere wrote: »
    The opening of the late late - wow

I don't know why I care, but here I am asking you to elaborate...

edit: ok, speech by Tubs. No need thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Strazdas wrote: »

With so much vacant space in hospitals at the moment could they not put patients near death in a separate area away from others as much as possible?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement