Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    As you can see from my above post I have faced reality thanks very much. Go and lecture someone else like a good little boy.

13 posts?
    Will you have a look at the adults around you endorsing that post and have a look at yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

JamesM wrote: »
    He didn't make a mistake - you're as bad as the journalist :rolleyes: He explained quite clearly and had to do it many times because of the thick journalist. The 7000 figure was a comprehensive figure, with all the analysis and calculations from 2 days ago. The 8000 figure is the most up to date total figure.

A number is a number. All the analysis and calculations have nothing to do with it.

5 + 4 = 9

vs

5 + 4 = 9 with all of the analysis and calculations?

They are the same. Am I missing something? Putting with all the analysis and calculations after a different number doesn't change how it was counted.

We are just summing up over a date range. We left out some numbers because we didn't have results. No we have them and the number is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Interesting point Wibbs.
    When the ratio came out in China, some pointed to smoking.

Do we have any decent global analysis that teases apart these factors? As in, these underlying conditions can be accounted for, and does sex still come out as being a factor?

It's frustrating to me the lack of analysis in the public domain. Surely we have enough data globally now.

Pubmed is an excellent source of free research.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=covid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Usa starting to get on top of things at last.

Terribly sad scenes on NYC with mass graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Tandey

syngindub wrote: »
    Trump has a big decision coming up. Any ideas what it is?

The wife or the mistress today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

On the obesity thing, there was an article this week in the guardian about Boris Johnston and it said:
    According to a report published last week, more than 70% of patients placed in intensive care after being infected with Covid-19 were overweight, obese or severely obese on the body mass index scale.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/06/hospital-admission-puts-new-focus-on-boris-johnsons-health

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Yes mass graves = getting on top of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Did you not just watch the News at 9?

What they said was

As of Wednesday night? I'm still confused to be honest.
    • So 7K doesn't include German results and is up to Wednesday night.
    • 8K is up to Wednesday night including all the previous tests that were sent to Germany.
    • or 8k is including all results up until tonight?

Always best to stick to one number going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

they gave it yesterday too (if not the day before that aswell)

Was the distinction made?

The total number of cases is?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/confusion-at-number-of-coronavirus-cases-in-ireland-as-officials-give-three-different-figures-993487.html

So should we be going by the lower or higher results?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

No way they are on top of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

wakka12 wrote: »
    Almost 1000 cases in Ireland in the last 48 hours, that is so many. I cant believe how many people think restrictions should already be lifted

And it's all families infecting others in family. IN CHina infected were dragged from their homes and cars and isolated from everyone. IN West we're told to go home and kill our parents, our brothers, our sisters, our kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The year is 2022 - Leo extends restrictions for another three weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Did you not just watch the News at 9?

What they said was

Thanks for that.

I didn't see it. My brain is fried from watching news and press conferences all day, I needed a break ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

And it's all families infecting others in family. IN CHina infected were dragged from their homes and cars and isolated from everyone. IN West we're told to go home and kill our parents, our brothers, our sisters, our kids.

So you rather we were dragged from our homes then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    This is mostly well known but the interesting part was she said women seem to just be better at fighting off viruses generally. Could be a survival of the species thing?
    There were two lads chatting in the street outside today for a good half an hour, obviously trying to "socially distance", but only standing about one metre apart, as opposed to two. The whole claiming 4inches is 8inches thing was bound to come back and bite us at some point, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

A number is a number. All the analysis and calculations have nothing to do with it.

5 + 4 = 9

vs

5 + 4 = 9 with all of the analysis and calculations?

They are the same. Am I missing something? Putting with all the analysis and calculations after a different number doesn't change how it was counted.

We are just summing up over a date range. We left out some numbers because we didn't have results. No we have them and the number is different.
    the date of the data changes the number the anaylised data from the HPSC is from 2 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So we don't have 1500 plus new cases today? On website it says 1515 new cases

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?

Interesting to see if Gardai will abuse their powers like the way they doing in the UK.

I'm always wary about giving police more powers.

No way they are on top of things

According to latest presser things starting to flatten out. Talking about relaxing restrictions.

Sounds a little more promising than extending lockdown ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

I have been reading the figures and I have to say that for a country that is very urbanised and has light restrictions compared to the rest of Europe Sweden is not actually doing to badly.

• Advertisement

Is anyone going to shine the light or something tomorrow night ?

No way. BS of the highest order.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Was the distinction made?

The total number of cases is?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/confusion-at-number-of-coronavirus-cases-in-ireland-as-officials-give-three-different-figures-993487.html

So should we be going by the lower or higher results?
    archive of briefings is here https://www.pscp.tv/rtenews/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

It's some RTE jump on the bandwagon nonsense no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

It's some RTE jump on the bandwagon nonsense no?

Higgins at it too. No originality!

So we don't have 1500 plus new cases today? On website it says 1515 new cases

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?

no 480, recent new cases but more then that for old results

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    I have been reading the figures and I have to say that for a country that is very urbanised and has light restrictions compared to the rest of Europe Sweden is not actually doing to badly.

From what I was reading yesterday about 2000 of their doctors don't agree.

In China they starve their people thus resulting in viruses like this.

Hardly a model to follow.

A hole of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The father of a family friend has been in hospital, dying, the past 10 days with absolutely no visitors. Only this morning they were all sent for as it won’t be long now.
    Surely people deserve to be surrounded by loved ones as they approach the end of life no matter what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

spookwoman wrote: »

It's clear from this, and from the presser today, there is deliberate obfuscation afoot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement