Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,859 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Miriam just coughed into her hand, and we can shake on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Hurrache wrote: »
    Culchies around the country gone nuts. Maybe the Dubs should do the same and stop them heading back to work, their digs and so on. Dublin born only, think of the reduction on road congestion and public transport.

https://twitter.com/PaudieP/status/1247601360402554881?s=19

You do know it's a joke, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Wheety wrote: »

I have't received my postcards yet :mad:
    Will send ye one, what's your address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

The Danes are opening their primary schools on April 15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Miriam sounding a bit croaky now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,352 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Good explanation about those rapid anti body tests there on Prime Time - not worth spending money on

• Registered Users Posts: 35,859 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pretty funny that a few days in the Usa are pushing ''we've flattened the curve'' wtf . No where near, they're at the bottom of their climb, the peak is a long way off, as for the flattened curve, it's a mirage in the desert at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

screamer wrote: »
    It’s not the fact that people have to suck it up, it’s the fact that that needs to be recognised, it’s not easy for people to do. It’s not easy for older people to basically cut themselves off from the outside world. And attitudes like this of suck it up are exactly the type that will make people resent the restrictions even more, and perhaps make them more likely to try and break them. We have to look out for each other, and try to be caring rather than have a stuff you attitude.

You do have to just suck it up though. Bottom line. I’ve every sympathy for people suffering with these restrictions (I’m one of theM myself, home with small children) and there are times when I’m tearing my hair out and the whole situation completely overwhelms me. I literally can’t get my head around the fact that we are all being held to randsom by something that can be killed with soap suds.

But I am wholly and completely behind the restrictions and I am prepared to suck it up for as long as it takes to keep my family safe and to hopefully get back to some semblance of normal life resuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wheety wrote: »
    I have't received my postcards yet :mad:

Found mine in the recycling, it was just a sheet of paper you'd barely pay attention to. Just looked like any other standard junk mail that comes in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I think that’s a fair call

It's more than fair. If you can't support us then don't expect us to support you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Bobtheman wrote: »

Heard someone on the radio that only certain classes are coming back and they will be spread out in the school.Schools with big numbers won't open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Mad how Boris Johnson is part of a party that critically under funds the NHS, and people are on this thread giving all their well wishes. If you want what's best on a per human being basis, you wouldn't maintain any sort of positive feeling towards this man and his party. Just goes to show you.

Don't think people are going to wish death on Boris no matter how much of a repugnant person he is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Bobtheman wrote: »

They’re probably looking at neighbouring Sweden and taking a half way approach. I’m very interested to see how Sweden get on because their approach is very different and they don’t believe that kids are vectors of covid, which is directly in conflict to our approach and thinking....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Greentopia wrote: »
    Where's your proof of this? anyone I know, friends and family and all my neighbours are abiding by the rules and staying in. Streets and towns are deserted.

I go to my local beach (yes it's within a 2km radius of me) for my walk and see very few people there. Your 40% figure doesn't stand up to what's happening around the country.

I think your comments reflect the true reality of the situation at present - based on my own particular observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

screamer wrote: »
    They’re probably looking at neighbouring Sweden and taking a half way approach. I’m very interested to see how Sweden get on because their approach is very different and they don’t believe that kids are vectors of covid, which is directly in conflict to our approach and thinking....

It's a very risky approach no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I dont think David should take Miriam's seat on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think there's going to be a looming mental health crisis off the back of all this. I don't suffer from anything personally but even I am starting to feel that black dog. Vulnerable people must really be feeling it now. It's bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

froog wrote: »
    they're right. dublin is the italy of ireland now.

With all cheap labour flooding it from outside the pale, introducing nuttin but hang salad sangwiches to our fine cultural city. You make a good point.

You do have to just suck it up though. Bottom line. I’ve every sympathy for people suffering with these restrictions (I’m one of theM myself, home with small children) and there are times when I’m tearing my hair out and the whole situation completely overwhelms me. I literally can’t get my head around the fact that we are all being held to randsom by something that can be killed with soap suds.

But I am wholly and completely behind the restrictions and I am prepared to suck it up for as long as it takes to keep my family safe and to hopefully get back to some semblance of normal life resuming.

Still missing my point like the other poster..... anyways not going to explain it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Greentopia wrote: »
    Where's your proof of this? anyone I know, friends and family and all my neighbours are abiding by the rules and staying in. Streets and towns are deserted.

I go to my local beach (yes it's within a 2km radius of me) for my walk and see very few people there. Your 40% figure doesn't stand up to what's happening around the country.

He has none. The vast majority are complying. But we need to tighten down on the few putting the rest of us at risk.

60/40 is a ludicrous assertion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    They're terrible!
    Not like nice postcards at all.

nice and big though, if you're into writing. and freepost too

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

statesaver wrote:
    Blueshirts

It's 2020 not 1920. Get over it already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You do know it's a joke, right?

Don't care, I'm still blockading the N7.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

no.8 wrote: »
    It's 2020 not 1920. Get over it already

Wasn't serious but thanks for playing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Miriam just coughed into her hand, and we can shake on that.

Miriam will be presenting Primetime from her shed next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Hurrache wrote: »
    With all cheap labour flooding it from outside the pale, introducing nuttin but hang salad sangwiches to our fine cultural city. You make a good point.

it's a shame to see spicebags and heroin being lost in the cultural wave to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

fritzelly wrote: »
    Good explanation about those rapid anti body tests there on Prime Time - not worth spending money on

What was said?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Are drones being used to monitor towns? I spotted one in the air last week in a controlled flightpath which didn't looks like your typical hobby drone on an outing.

more likely somebody bored or nosey or filming for tv. There are regulations if it is bothering you that you could lookup, or a hurley or slingshot!
    however, might be checking illegal burning on mountains or parks. last thing the firebrigade need to be dealing with at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

It's ok. Their State epidemiologist Anders Tegnell has said his way is the best. Despite over 2000 scientists and doctors there signing a petition to tighten restrictions and introduce more stringent containment measures.

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

Well, like any approach time and history can only judge that. Not all medical advisors agree with each other, and various countries have various approaches. Hence I am watching Sweden with curiosity and hope that their approach leads to as good an outcome as countries following the more restrictive approach, because perhaps we can get our lives back to normal quicker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement