Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Only if the people who are travelling have it..... can people not be trusted to take some personal responsibility? We seem to distrust everyone in this country, bizarre attitude.

Virus is trustworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Seamai wrote: »
    We're all getting frustrated, my company shut down three weeks ago, like many others here, I don't know if I'll have a job to go back to when all this is over. I have a mortgage to pay. I could go on and on. I'd love to be off hill walking in west Cork or Kerry this weekend and stopping somewhere for a few pints and dinner on the way back. But more than anything I'd like to get back to normal and the sooner people do what is asked of them and we get this under control the better. It's only 11 days since we were asked to stay within a 2km radius with a few exceptions. So it's not been that long. You could be living in some city in northern Italy where you can't leave your dwelling except for food and medication for the 35th day on the trot.
    Suck it up!

This. 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I have a housemate who doesn't want to go into work because of mixing with people. Fair enough. But then they bring over their friends to the house and mix with people!!! I just don't get it.

Sounds like she doesn’t want to go to work because she’s lazy and it’s little to do with the virus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

EmptyTree wrote: »
    There are European countries with similar measures in place, so let's not go around pretending like Dubai and UAE are the only countries yeah?

Can you tell me which countries in Europe prohibit leaving the house without a police permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I have a housemate who doesn't want to go into work because of mixing with people. Fair enough. But then they bring over their friends to the house and mix with people!!! I just don't get it.

Sounds like someone who just particularly want to work, tbh. And a selfish prick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Scatter the population = spread the disease.

I dunno.

If people are in apartment blocks and all sharing elevators etc. then they could spread it faster than if half of them scattered to houses here and there along the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Only if the people who are travelling have it..... can people not be trusted to take some personal responsibility? We seem to distrust everyone in this country, bizarre attitude.

And how can they spread it if they stay in their own house and carry out social distancing as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

it's not everyone. just the asholes that think the rules don't apply to them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Firstly Dubai introduced that measure mere hours ago so let's not go around pretending like they've been doing them for ages yeah?

Secondly the UAE wouldn't exactly be known for being a haven for human rights.....

Dubai have had that for a number of days. Was on a few calls to there yesterday at work and from the way they were talking it’s not a brand new thing. They have drones patrolling for people breaking curfew and every car on Sheikh Zayed highway is being picked up by cameras for fines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Firstly Dubai introduced that measure mere hours ago so let's not go around pretending like they've been doing them for ages yeah?

Secondly the UAE wouldn't exactly be known for being a haven for human rights.....

Their Human Rights and attitude to the gay community etc is horrendous

But! They will come out of this absolutely superbly. They don't fúck around there with safety (unless you're one of hundreds of Indian lads building their hotels, but that's a different thread)

I would one hundred percent trust them more with this than any European government

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

easypazz wrote: »
    And how can they spread it if they stay in their own house and carry out social distancing as normal.

It worked out well for the former Scottish CMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭threeball

froog wrote: »
    discouraging checkpoints? laughable. how exactly will that go?

"excuse me sir where are you going?"
    "my holiday home in galway"
    "you really shouldn't you know"
    "nah i'm grand, see ya"
    "bye now"

You might find your car getting the once over if you try to pull a fast one. More than one way to skin a cat. Did you have a drink today sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

SH signing powers this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Can you tell me which countries in Europe prohibit leaving the house without a police permit?

I don't know about a "police permit", but permits are being used in France and Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Order is going to be signed this evening by Harris for more gardai powers

Cant say I'm unhappy - have at it Gemma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

With other EU countries looking to ease restrictions, is that a cause for optimism here in the coming weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Yeah like why do we even have jails, why can't we just all trust each other more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

October 2021 maybe, I broke quarantine yesterday and took a stroll down the beach, no one around, the SS thug Nazi police were patrolling the coast on a boat to make sure no one was sitting alone miles from anyone on the beach.

Cops are loving this here, any excuse to beat people up ,.... just wait till June/July here ... gonna get nasty!!!

Why are you so abusive of police?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

fritzelly wrote: »

tumblr_lmci70zInk1qztjn5o1_1280.jpg

Political powers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

fritzelly wrote: »

Good, I work in retail and have stopped a few people at the door that were coming in for a browse over the last couple of days, people are selfish and need a big stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Tandey

I’d be sending their employer a nice email with attached time stamped video/pictures of their actions. See how he/she likes that stinker :)
    The hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I've a 5 year old daughter with a rather personal medical issue, not major but not something to let go on and on.
    Doctor told us to come down to their surgery on Thursday, seem to think it 'should' be fine.

Am I off my head going there with her?

I'm really worried about it but I also don't want this medical issue to worsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Simon Harris on the telly now.
    Have to say I have been impressed by him so far.
    And I wouldn't have been a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

they may not know they have it and be an asymtomatic carrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Simon Harris on the telly now.
    Have to say I have been impressed by him so far.
    And I wouldn't have been a fan.

Username checks out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Tandey

italodisco wrote: »
    I've a 5 year old daughter with a rather personal medical issue, not major but not something to let go on and on.
    Doctor told us to come down to their surgery on Thursday, seem to think it 'should' be fine.

Am I off my head going there with her?

I'm really worried about it but I also don't want this medical issue to worsen.

Do go, don’t worry. Hope your little girl is ok, I’m sure both you and her will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are drones being used to monitor towns? I spotted one in the air last week in a controlled flightpath which didn't looks like your typical hobby drone on an outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Frankly I am amazed (apart from a cohort of the entitled), that we really seem to have pulled together here even though it is tough for many to isolate and observe the rules.

The more the rules are observed right now, the quicker we get out of this, or at least get to the point where things very gradually open up again.

It's up to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

gabeeg wrote: »
    Look we've all got fancy holiday homes in Connemara, we're all going there this weekend, and there's nothing you can do to stop us.

I have heard that farmers have thousands of litres of pig slurry to be spread, enjoy:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Lesnar Defender

Fine Gael becoming more authoritarian by the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement