Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a shutdown NOW!

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Until a vaccine comes along personal responsibility was always going to be key. Its sad to see how bad things are.

I went for a haircut in a barbers on bank holiday Monday. Sadly the barber had a facemask not covering her nose and then was going to use the same gown as the previous customer. In fairness she did clean the chair but I decided to leave and told her that her H and S weren't up to scratch.

I don’t believe for a second this happened

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

I think we need to look at excess deaths early next year rather than month by month.

Anyone have the real numbers re deaths this year vs 2019, 2018 etc?
    Reason: I’ve seen some fb posts from a tin hatter that I’m sure are bs and want to call her out but can’t find the data.

Yes, I know fb etc but....

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Danno wrote: »
    The law is the power. There is no law to stop pubs being open. If there was a law the Gardai would then have enforcement power, they do not.

Your statement is a rambling oxymoron.

“The law is an ass” maybe my post did contradict itself but this government has been a rambling oxymoron since its inception . Three counties shut down because factories were allowed to operate when they should have been closed weeks ago.The people who operate these factories (employers) should be held accountable but here in Ireland they will slip quietly away into the night.
    Cant wait to see how the justice system handles the publicans who got a warning from the Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Fck Michael Martin if you think we’ll take this lying down- not a fcking chance mate- you and your faux teleprompter and faux empathy can fck yourself

Oh will you stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Roger Dowds

Not in 1 week 2 weeks whatever, NOW!
    While most people are adhering to the health advice you cannot expect the gobshytes like those clowns packing beaches and parks to obey unless they are forced to.
    Shutdown NOW.

Anyone that agrees stick your name below.

Fairplay to you, you got your wish, well done. so perhaps now 48 weeks later yourself or one of the 147 people who thanked your OP could tell us your exit strategy/end game ?

• Advertisement

Fairplay to you, you got your wish, well done. so perhaps now 48 weeks later yourself or one of the 147 people who thanked your OP could tell us your exit strategy/end game ?

Matt Hancock today said that the England quarantine and testing for travellers (including addition of new countries to the hotel quarantine list with no notice) would be in place until they are sure that vaccines will work with all known variants.

Given that new variants are coming up regularly, the SAGE member on Times radio said just now that this is likely to last a number of months, or possibly small number of years:eek:

I dont see a way out of this based on the current rationale, until well into next year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think we need to look at excess deaths early next year rather than month by month.
    Excess deaths is a fallacy, as other deaths (eg flu) are not happening since people are isolating.

exit stragety/end game !
    It's pretty simple, when all the knobs out there and all the 'entitled' ones who still persist in acting the b****x and won't obey the pretty simple rules that are there then we will be out the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

fakedanbreen,

In no pandemic in history, even ones which killed 100 and 200 million, did people opt to live in a prison-like existence indefinitely.

You claim the simple act of living kills people. You are wrong.

I want out of this shutdown NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Roger Dowds

exit stragety/end game !
    It's pretty simple, when all the knobs out there and all the 'entitled' ones who still persist in acting the b****x and won't obey the pretty simple rules that are there then we will be out the other side.

So why is there no flu this year if the problem is quote entitled' ones who still persist in acting the b****x and won't obey the pretty simple rules end quote ??? Did the justice Minister Ms Mcentee catch covid because she was acting the b****X ??

• Advertisement

So why is there no flu this year if the problem is quote entitled' ones who still persist in acting the b****x and won't obey the pretty simple rules end quote ??? Did the justice Minister Ms Mcentee catch covid because she was acting the b****X ??

Do you really think me ,the REALDANBREEN is going to dumb down to start explaining how all this works to you?

oh god, you're one of those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

exit stragety/end game !

The absolute state of this.

Who isn't following the rules?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

No need to resurrect this thread, plenty of others to post in at this stage. Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement