Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a shutdown NOW!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Scotty # wrote: »
    This is a pretty moronic attitude.

It's not anyone's fault the virus mutated the way it did or where it did.

By the time the Chinese were aware of what they were dealing with it was already too late. Yes, they tried to play it down at the start but we know now they could never have stopped it.

Coronavirus has been around for 90 years. It's also found in cows, pigs, and poultry. This could just as easily started in Mayo as it did in Wuhan.
    Also a moronic post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Also a moronic post.
    That's the extent of your contribution???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Coronavirus has been around for 90 years. It's also found in cows, pigs, and poultry. This could just as easily started in Mayo as it did in Wuhan.

The wet market would seem to be much higher risk though.
    And I've read reports that they have now reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

mullinr2 wrote: »
    The longer this goes on and the more deaths it brings, the more angrier I get with the Chinese. They have reopened the Wet markets where this virus came from. I tell ya I will NEVER eat in a Chinese again and will try my best not to buy products from China. It's their fault

I think this is the dumbest post I've seen on boards since all this began, well done! Maybe you shouldn't speak English because of 800 years and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I think this is the dumbest post I've seen on boards since all this began, well done! Maybe you shouldn't speak English because of 800 years and all that.

Agreed. Must be a pisstake.
    Like the family selling a 3 in 1 down the street are going to report back to the big boss in China that the Irish are boycotting them.

• Advertisement

It's like Facebook posts are leaking onto boards.ie. Not that the standard of posts on boards are high.

Agreed. Must be a pisstake.
    Like the family selling a 3 in 1 down the street are going to report back to the big boss in China that the Irish are boycotting them.

Imagine trying to get a 3 in 1 while on holiday in China!

tuxy wrote: »
    The wet market would seem to be much higher risk though.
    And I've read reports that they have now reopened.

There are millions of wet markets throughout Asia and the rest of the world every day as there have been for thousands of years. This may well have started to spread in a wet market but was the wet market the cause of the mutation? There seems to be no evidence of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

There are millions of wet markets throughout Asia and the rest of the world every day as there have been for thousands of years. This may well have started to spread in a wet market but was the wet market the cause of the mutation? There seems to be no evidence of this.

Either way it’s a horrific practice. If anyone supports it in any way I’d think they’re psychotic. The things they do to animals in those markets makes my blood boil. Disgusting people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Lordsnutchi

They maybe Irish citizens but they're still Chinese

You're an idiot.

Either way it’s a horrific practice. If anyone supports it in any way I’d think they’re psychotic. The things they do to animals in those markets makes my blood boil. Disgusting people.

Although China is wealthy enough that they could ban them in many countries large parts of their population would starve without the wet markets.

Is someone feeding their family the only way they can psychotic?

This is an article of opinion and 'probables', no scientific facts, but of course many virus outbreaks start in China, one out of five of us on this planet lives there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes as I have said, we had a bird flu outbreak a few weeks ago in Monaghan, these things can happen anywhere. The way we farm animals, things like this are bound to happen. I can't eat pig any more because of how they are treated, it's horrific, but people just turn a blind eye because they don't want to know and don't associate their breakfast rolls with cute little piggies. Cognitive dissonance and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

You mean agri stuff as stuff that might be used for making food or feeding animals. I would deem them essential including machinary

I think you might have quoted me by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I think you might have quoted me by mistake.

Ya apologies about that

tuxy wrote: »
    Although China is wealthy enough that they could ban them in many countries large parts of their population would starve without the wet markets.

Is someone feeding their family the only way they can psychotic?

Cutting legs off dogs while they’re alive and eating them like a chicken drumstick is psychotic yes.

Just for anyone defending these wet markets. Google it. I dare you. I will not provide links it’s by far away the most horrific thing I’ve ever seen. It’s the absolute worst of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭larchielads

Hey will xmas be cancelled if we are no better off come December ?

Yes, we will probably skip the 25th and go directly to the 26th.

• Advertisement

Cutting legs off dogs while they’re alive and eating them like a chicken drumstick is psychotic yes.

Many of the people I was referring to couldn't afford dog.

How many countries are the footage you talk about from? Must be reasonably wealthy to have dog for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

This is a pretty moronic attitude.

It's not anyone's fault the virus mutated the way it did or where it did.

By the time the Chinese were aware of what they were dealing with it was already too late. Yes, they tried to play it down at the start but we know now they could never have stopped it.

China, feed your poor people properly ya miserable cnuts. A superpower. How super are they if ya can't feed your own people. Never heard of mad corana disease in cows to tell ya the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

The longer this goes on and the more deaths it brings, the more angrier I get with the Chinese. They have reopened the Wet markets where this virus came from. I tell ya I will NEVER eat in a Chinese again and will try my best not to buy products from China. It's their fault

So you're a racist now mullinr?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

@mullinr - tone down the racist rhetoric or you will be banned from posting in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

Europeans: "We'll feed cows their own brains! Save money! What could possibly go wrong!"

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

China's numbers are climbing again. The next 2 years might be lockdowns on and off unless we can get better with testing and solve the shortage of ppe so that we can all be like S Korea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i was just in the shop beside dillons pub on parkgate street dublin, there was 6 or 7 burly senior guards there, probably from hq, all standing beside each other laughing and joking blocking the entire shop,
    i had to ask them to move to let me by, and got a "you can't trust anyone " remark from one of them, so as i was paying i said to the manager behind the counter, so much for social distancing, he looked embarrassed as did the two guards left that were totally disregarding the rules and advice on this,
    funnily they didn't say anything, one rule for them like everything else i guess. JOKE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

There are builders back on sites in Dublin 2 so I would say lockout is over (at least for workers from Northern Ireland as they can't get €350 from Leo).

China's numbers are climbing again. The next 2 years might be lockdowns on and off unless we can get better with testing and solve the shortage of ppe so that we can all be like S Korea

China's problem is the fear of carriers who aren't showing symptoms (which they believe is far higher than what the WHO states), and also that a large number of people tested negative have later shown to be positive, even after being isolated from others (bad testing kits could be the problem, but even there, it suggests it's happened with western produced kits). There's a theory going around in China that the virus can go dormant for a period of time but remain within the person..

China's numbers were always going to rise again because of the manner of their society. They're extremely densely populated when it comes to their cities, and people often share many facilities within apartment blocks.

I suspect you're kinda right with your time frame. Oh, we'll see a gradual return to normalcy with containment measures in place, with an emphasis on social distancing, but people will continue to die from this for well over a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

i was just in the shop beside dillons pub on parkgate street dublin, there was 6 or 7 burly senior guards there, probably from hq, all standing beside each other laughing and joking blocking the entire shop,
    i had to ask them to move to let me by, and got a "you can't trust anyone " remark from one of them, so as i was paying i said to the manager behind the counter, so much for social distancing, he looked embarrassed as did the two guards left that were totally disregarding the rules and advice on this,
    funnily they didn't say anything, one rule for them like everything else i guess. JOKE

I believe 1 in 30 NY cops have it now.

"The coronavirus is taking a heavy toll on the nation’s biggest police department, with close to 1,200 New York City officers, more than 3 percent of the force, testing positive, Commissioner Dermot F. Shea said on Tuesday."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement