Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs when/will they re-open - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

You can have a stripper as long as she orders a meal.

that could get messy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

PTH2009 wrote: »
    might go in for a chowder or bowl of soup and a few pints on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 38,009 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That translates well

could imagine some rough type character acting like that to get there fix of pints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Is there nothing in the regulations about how late a premises can stay open until? Know of a couple of places keeping their kitchen open til after midnight

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,204 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Anyone?

Currently in a well known local bar, kitchen closed at 10pm, we've been told last orders midnight. We've been here since 7.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

The Holy Cross is open again, great to see, one way in one way out. Just passed it a while ago. Great to see it open again. They’ve painted it outside since but I haven’t been inside yet but food is always lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

So on the news there, Gardai will be visitin pubs at 7 pm to feel a few collars. It's a fair cop guv innit

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭watlantic

One Westport pub has been offering pints without food for a while now:

518810.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Went to a fairly established, modern spot on wexford street in Dublin last night. Table booked for 8:30. Came in at 8:15 and we left at 12:50am. Nearly 5 hours.

The food all came out quite quickly and after that we just sat on, not a mention of anything which was great. Every other table around us was the same.

One big group of about 10/12. Very busy inside but I couldn’t get over how quiet wexford / Camden street etc was, just cyclists and taxis. Flannerys, Whelan’s all those still closed. Mad stuff. Obviously they don’t serve food so they can’t.

Good experience all in all though, felt normal enough.

There were those foot handles on the bottom of the door in the toilets and hand sanitizer stations around the restaurant / bar. Great job you could see they had spent a bit of money. They said they’ve been booked out every night since Monday. And it’s the same into next week

• Registered Users Posts: 32,284 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The receipt floating about with 31 pints of Heineken and 1 goujon and chips on it can't be real...right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭lickalot

gmisk wrote: »
    The receipt floating about with 31 pints of Heineken and 1 goujon and chips on it can't be real...right?

Probably three at the table with a tab.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Based on my post above - 4 lads came in last night right after us. Sat at a table. I only saw 2 bowls of chips and a few prawn crackers came out the whole time they were there. It got to the stage they weren’t even drinking their pints on the table they had that many (although there was a bit of the bag going on in the toilets) and they all ended up completely bladdered by the time they were leaving.

https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/home/555659/breaking-gardai-to-begin-inspecting-waterford-pubs-to-ensure-compliance-with-public-health-regulations.html?fbclid=IwAR0ilLCOlQpy3Zz72vcv2peapNgMZ1Cotd49i2hxaPl7aR7MKVqsi0rew4c

They’ll be checking this weekend but up gotta think sure the government have been lying about the Covid numbers so what’s the difference of two weeks and England pubs are fully open from 6am today, mad stuff. Anyone thinking this whole thing of buying food with every pint is mad cause that’s just not possible, up to €9 and the whole 90 mins was never going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,204 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/home/555659/breaking-gardai-to-begin-inspecting-waterford-pubs-to-ensure-compliance-with-public-health-regulations.html?fbclid=IwAR0ilLCOlQpy3Zz72vcv2peapNgMZ1Cotd49i2hxaPl7aR7MKVqsi0rew4c

They’ll be checking this weekend but up gotta think sure the government have been lying about the Covid numbers so what’s the difference of two weeks and England pubs are fully open from 6am today, mad stuff. Anyone thinking this whole thing of buying food with every pint is mad cause that’s just not possible, up to €9 and the whole 90 mins was never going to work.

They checked my local last night around 11 or so and all they asked was what time the kitchen closed, the shutters were down so anyone that had been in before 9.30 was still there.
    They were told kitchen closed at 10 and that was it they were happy and off they went. Its a box ticking exercise.

I know people who were in there who hadn't had food and others who had. Nobody was in any rush to tell them to leave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

There’ll be check pints this weekend.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    There’ll be check pints this weekend.

Boom haha

Like Christmas morning, finally can have a pint

Now to try and find somewhere for food and drink ha

Like gold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Like gold

Gold p1ss.

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Went to a fairly established, modern spot on wexford street in Dublin last night. Table booked for 8:30. Came in at 8:15 and we left at 12:50am. Nearly 5 hours.

The food all came out quite quickly and after that we just sat on, not a mention of anything which was great. Every other table around us was the same.

One big group of about 10/12. Very busy inside but I couldn’t get over how quiet wexford / Camden street etc was, just cyclists and taxis. Flannerys, Whelan’s all those still closed. Mad stuff. Obviously they don’t serve food so they can’t.

Good experience all in all though, felt normal enough.

There were those foot handles on the bottom of the door in the toilets and hand sanitizer stations around the restaurant / bar. Great job you could see they had spent a bit of money. They said they’ve been booked out every night since Monday. And it’s the same into next week

Can you name the place? Or send me a PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone know what pubs are open in Limerick City? Regional Covid thread is close due to the local culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Went to an establishment in Cork City yesterday, people there before me and after me. I stayed for 2 hours, could have drank on for the night.
    Went to a pub in Mallow this afternoon, was told on sitting that I had 105 minutes.
    Ridiculous rule, although I kind of enjoyed the food part in both pubs, feels almost continental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anyone know what pubs are open in Limerick City? Regional Covid thread is close due to the local culture.

The Rock is open.

Was in a pub on Wexford Street from 1pm today and left at 4pm. It was coming up to our hour and three quarters so asked was it ok to stay longer and it was no problem. Pub was fairly quiet though at that time and they said it was booked out from 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

Just seen my first wobbler on his way home, looked pretty loaded and struggling to walk, bumping into people out walking, wonder how that could be allowed happen.

Still, around town the open pubs look busy but not silly, hopefully all goes well.

not as bad as i thought

wait outside for about 15/20 mins in which they took what food and drink your having and then when they table big enough free your in. Just ask a waiter if you want this or that and they add it to the bill.

Place was last orders at 6pm but none of this timing or asking to go bathroom stuff

More annoyed about not having the freedom of going into another place without having food etc. Is what it is and wont be long til its back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭plodder

Had a nice dinner and few pints this evening with the family. Decent amount of space between tables without being excessive. Lots of natural ventilation with open windows and doors. Had booked in advance but I noticed there were some walk-ins, who they took details from as if it was an advanced booking. No masks or excessive ceremony with cleaning tables. All common sense stuff and it actually felt remarkably normal for the first time in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Another hectic day today in the bar I'm running
    Guards called alright to do there checks but all went well as unlike a few bars I know we are insisting on food

• Registered Users Posts: 33,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hopefully we won't see these type of scenes in Ireland, but we all know it'll happen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53296689

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

NIMAN wrote: »
    Hopefully we won't see these type of scenes in Ireland, but we all know it'll happen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53296689

Similar videos of Dame Lane on twitter last night

Advertisement