Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs when/will they re-open - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

For Kilmurry Lodge Hotel in Limerick city you have to ring and prebook. First pint is €10, according to some bloke I was talking to, if you don't buy food.

Any of the establishments showing English Premiership football?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    might try somewhere im my city the weekend

Can see an extremely busy weekend for places

If the pubs are packed then by the end of the summer everything will be shut again and we’ll all be back to 5k of movement and that’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

One of the pubs near me is doing a great deal for it's punters with it's restaurant setup, pay €9 for a meal and get 2 pints in return instead of receiving any food, receipt confirms it's a meal received and paid for and not for any pints

Ohmeha wrote: »
    One of the pubs near me is doing a great deal for it's punters with it's restaurant setup, pay €9 for a meal and get 2 pints in return instead of receiving any food, receipt confirms it's a meal received and paid for and not for any pints

Ideal for business meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When will you realistically be able to play live tunes in the pub again. I'm asking in behalf of the exasperated traditional Irish music community here, when can we have sessions in the pub again?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Been out for pints in three pubs now since yesterday. Grand but seems not very busy which is a worry. I think the economy is on life support now but may end up in some coma for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

When will you realistically be able to play live tunes in the pub again. I'm asking in behalf of the exasperated traditional Irish music community here, when can we have sessions in the pub again?

Hopefully not for a looooong time yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Went for a walk earlier around tea time. Walked past 7 pubs. Each one of which did not look in any way packed with a sense of calm. Great to see things opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,010 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Went for a walk earlier around tea time. Walked past 7 pubs. Each one of which did not look in any way packed with a sense of calm. Great to see things opening up.

I suppose its a Tuesday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Is there nothing in the regulations about how late a premises can stay open until? Know of a couple of places keeping their kitchen open til after midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Be nice to go watch a few games but it’s such a grey area I’d be morto to walk into a pub and be told sorry we’re full or you need to book a table and sit at a table on your lonesome. Don’t mind the buying food with pints sure it’s a positive when you’d usually skip the dinner for a few pints instead lol

Be nice to go watch a few games but it’s such a grey area I’d be morto to walk into a pub and be told sorry we’re full or you need to book a table and sit at a table on your lonesome. Don’t mind the buying food with pints sure it’s a positive when you’d usually skip the dinner for a few pints instead lol

Be even more embarrassing with a full pub staring at you like you're an alien

It is mortifying but less so in the oldie days of just pints and none of this booking stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

On 21st March 2024 I believe. Seriously though nobody knows and to be honest I very much doubt it`s a pressing issue right now.

It is mortifying but less so in the oldie days of just pints and none of this booking stuff

I don`t understand this post at all. What exactly would you be embarrassed about?

I don`t understand this post at all. What exactly would you be embarrassed about?

would you not feel a bit mortified walking into a pub and been turned away cause its full or booked out. People staring at ya etc

would you not feel a bit mortified walking into a pub and been turned away cause its full or booked out. People staring at ya etc

Nope. It happened to me several times in my younger days. Didn`t bother me then and most certainly wouldn`t bother me now not that I have any intention of going to regular pubs that don`t serve food anytime soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

For these three weeks, this is new to everybody.

So I don't think anybody will "staring at other people like they are an alien".

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

YFlyer wrote: »
    Any of the establishments showing English Premiership football?

As Andy Goldstein has to regularly say on talksport, it's 'Premier League'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Going to my local on Thursday. They are an absolutely fantastic place and have put a lot of systems in place. Always had great food and am looking forward to that and a few pints with a good friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,205 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

On 21st March 2024 I believe. Seriously though nobody knows and to be honest I very much doubt it`s a pressing issue right now.

there's nothing to stop live music now, my local has some this Friday, it wasn't listed as a no no in the guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Nice to have a few in my local last night. No obligation to buy food, but table service only. I was only there for 2 hours but could have drank on easily, they weren't making anyone leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

I was booked in yesterday evening in the local with two others. I'm not a huge drinker and it wouldn't have been a regular occurence for me to go to the pub but I enjoyed it. It was quiet. I got my €2 bowl of stew and a few pints of Guinness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeLapira

Great few hours spent in the pub yesterday. They're enforcing the 9 euro minimum spend on grub, but they have a couple of 9 euro special offers which is handy, but the food in there is excellent anyway. Table service was great and it was never more than half full so no rush. Excellent setup in there, custom made dividers up between tables which don't look out of place at all, traffic light system for the jacks and the main outside space is now no smoking so to allow for people to enjoy their food but they have extra space for smokers anyway. There was a good buzz about the place which was great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone heard of any stags going ahead in the coming weeks or so ,
    wonder would they even be possible,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I'd imagine a stag would be extremely difficult to do under the current circumstances.

Given it is seating only, it would need to be a very small stag to fit around the one table. Similarly, while some (hopefully many) pubs are ignoring the stupid 90 minute and 9 euro food rules (and they won't apply from the end of the month), part of me thinks pubs may be a bit more selective with the clients (if they have less capacity than demand etc). Many will still take social distancing and crowd control seriously, and with stags typically being very drunken large groups, I can see them as being at the bottom of the "desirable" list. But I suppose it will depend on the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im in two minds about pubs ignoring the rules. Yeah I miss clubbing. But is it better to have a month of packed clubs / pubs and then back into lockdown with nothing, or half empty pubs and you can only stay 90 mins but at least they can stay open and you can go for a pint with your mates.

might go in for a chowder or bowl of soup and a few pints on Saturday

Anyone order similar and were allowed drink ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

You can have a stripper as long as she orders a meal.

Advertisement