Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I found a purple light in my catalogue! Yusss. Thanks for offering guys. Might catalogue other colours at some stage

I also found a wetsuit in nook miles, but in nook shopping i found a leaf pattern wetsuit as well in case anyone didn't check there

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

bluewolf wrote: »
    I did up my pool area yesterday

I'm using one of those useless kidney bean pools at my house. Never thought to dig an actual fecking pool. Jesus. :o

My project for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm using one of those useless kidney bean pools at my house. Never thought to dig an actual fecking pool. Jesus. :o

kidney bean pools :D:D:D

I got a good laugh from that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mr E wrote: »

:D
    That's not my pool I should clarify, though I'm fairly copying it.
    I got an elephant slide as a pool slide now as well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

A friend time traveled to tomorrow

The wetsuit in the Cranny changed colours (in their case from red to blue) but the nook miles suit and the suit on sale in the Nook shopping app were the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

So last night I caught 2 great white sharks, and today I’m supposed to go swimming....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Multipass wrote: »
    So last night I caught 2 great white sharks, and today I’m supposed to go swimming....

While swimming at lunch, I spotted a shark fin between me and the shore. Immediately swam towards it expecting a quick-time event or a fainting spell like a wasp sting. Nope, fin scarpered. Humanity truly is the greatest predator.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Wait.. What... You can dig and make a pool? I'm at the very early stages... Still trying to get my KK concert organised :o but do you have to get a DIY recipe or something to dig a pool?

Also, how are you all swimming??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you updated to v1.3 (came out overnight), buy a wetsuit in Nooks Cranny and jump into the sea (anywhere).

You need 3 stars / KK concert before you can do any digging yourself.
    Talk to Isobel to check your star rating.

Thanks Mr E.

Yeah I'm only on 2 Stars. Isabelle told me to clear up, so I did and I'm working on paying off my second incline. So I'm hoping when that's finished we'll get our concert.

I must try the wetsuits when I get the switch back off the kids :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dodge wrote: »
    You’ve to buy a plot for them. Go to Tom Nook and ‘talk infrastructure’.

https://superparent.com/article/1182/animal-crossing-new-horizons-how-to-set-aside-land-for-new-residents
    Ah I havent unlocked the campsite yet.

I guess i need to pay off the 98,000 bells I owe before things really start happening?

Wait.. What... You can dig and make a pool? I'm at the very early stages... Still trying to get my KK concert organised :o but do you have to get a DIY recipe or something to dig a pool?

Also, how are you all swimming??

Once you have the terra forming stuff. You can buy a water permit and then dig a ‘pond’. Some (including my island) style them as pools but you can’t swim in them (or stop fish spawning in them).

Others use patterns to paint the ground (also available when you get the terr forming licence)

awec wrote: »
    Ah I havent unlocked the campsite yet.

I guess i need to pay off the 98,000 bells I owe before things really start happening?

If I remember correctly, you pay for the campsite, build it.
    You get a visitor and in order for them to stay you need to build them a house. The people that you meet on other islands, they'll come after a few days, but I think you have to build their houses first.

Whatever you do hold on to your clay and iron! You'll need it to build items for the houses! I sold all mine to pay for the campsite and all of a sudden there was no clay to be found anywhere :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

tbahh wrote: »
    If you're not getting the statue, would you mind if I popped over later to add it to my fakollection? :D

I'll be on here later if I'm opening the gates. :)

Ok. Did a little digging (while others play...)

There’s 4 types of horizontal stripe wetsuit (no sleeves, shirts);
    red, yellow, blue, black

4 leaf print wetsuit (sleeves, shirts);
    Light blue, purple, yellow, green

6 ‘clear’ snorkels (available at Able sisters);
    Blue, yellow, red, pink, green, black

The full length suits and black/green snorkels are only available through miles

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If I remember correctly, you pay for the campsite, build it.
    You get a visitor and in order for them to stay you need to build them a house. The people that you meet on other islands, they'll come after a few days, but I think you have to build their houses first.

Whatever you do hold on to your clay and iron! You'll need it to build items for the houses! I sold all mine to pay for the campsite and all of a sudden there was no clay to be found anywhere :rolleyes: :pac:

I just gave away all my iron to Timmy to build his shop!

awec wrote: »
    I just gave away all my iron to Timmy to build his shop!

I forgot about the shop! :D I was trying to gather clay for days trying to get the last house built, when I had loads of it but sold it! The iron was easier to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

I don't mean to be overly dramatic here but this swimming update is the best thing to happen to me all week!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I keep a small stock of iron, clay and stone that I can give away tonight if someone is stuck? I top it up after any project and sell the excess so it's just gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

I'm opening up my island for a while. There are so many DIY's in the main square, so please take them! :D

EDIT: Gate closed for now, Will open again later, still over 20 DIY's up for grabs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ribbot is crafting the beehive on my island, if anyone wants it let me know and I can open the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Gates are open, some diys on the beach. There's a knight's helmet diy in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Me yesterday evening
    Jolly Redd is in town with 3 fakes left, a purple street organ and a blue throwback container. Let me know if anyones wants to check and I can open.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Redd is here, got a real painting, and i have a blue koala visitor. Maybe i can lose ohare now
    Raykay23 wrote: »
    Redd is on my island with a Wild Pinting Left Half, Graceful Painting and a Wistful Painting. The Graceful is a fake, dont know about the others. If anyone is interested I can open up this evening?
    Hi all, everyone's favourite cousin is here and has blessed me with not one but two real items! I've just bought the real ancient statue, and I have a real wild painting right half up for grabs if anyone is interested?

There's also a fake jolly painting and a fake academic painting.

Edit: I've also got a real dynamic painting I could give someone if they'd come over and buy the wild painting and post it back to me tomorrow? That would be great :D
    The_B_Man wrote: »
    I have Redd there now.
    Is there any point in buying the fakes? Or is it best to get the real one and leave the rest?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This evening: COUSIN REDD!!!

:D:D:D

He came back! He came back!
    :)

Don’t think I’ll be online today to those I may have promised stuff! Sorry!

In better news apparently they’ve changed the daily visitors and Leif, Sahara and Kicks are no longer going to appear every week. They’re now in the same mix as the likes of Redd and Gulliver.

Celeste is on my island (can open if anyone wants me to) but she isn't giving me any diys for some reason? Anyone know what's going on?
    I've got shooting stars too

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

Bells21 wrote: »
    Celeste is on my island (can open if anyone wants me to) but she isn't giving me any diys for some reason? Anyone know what's going on?
    I've got shooting stars too

I might call over in a bit! :)

Maybe your pockets are full? Has happened to me before!

tbahh wrote: »
    I might call over in a bit! :)

Maybe your pockets are full? Has happened to me before!

Yes that was it.... Brain hasn't engaged today at all! I will leave it open, will be AFK at times but work away. She's wandering in the orchard type part behind my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Celeste is here. Gates are open. Have only seen two shooting stars so far but hope there's more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Ah lads! Yiz all get Celeste the one evening I’m not home!! Hoping one of you will be open in about an hour??

Yours sincerely,

Celeste’s biggest fan

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Ah lads! Yiz all get Celeste the one evening I’m not home!! Hoping one of you will be open in about an hour??

Yours sincerely,

Celeste’s biggest fan

:pac:

Haha it's typical. I should still be online then

Advertisement