Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid stuff to Current Affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Isn't necessary because its too late?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqoV9Rjs_lk&t=17m0s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 TravelTiger

A global depression is coming, whether we accept it or not. Is there a possibility of a run on the Irish banks when things really kick in?

Are all accounts still covered for upto 100k by the Irish government?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Yeah flights and ferries should be grounded but it should have happened weeks ago. Cargo only.

Meanwhile a friend just sent me a picture he received from inside a well known Dublin niteclub/pub tonight and its absolutely crammed with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,492 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A global depression is coming, whether we accept it or not. Is there a possibility of a run on the Irish banks when things really kick in?

Haven't we enough to worry about for now? :)

Yes they are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

This is based on what professional experience?

Scaremongering bullsh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I suppose once all the numptys have filled their houses with bog roll, pasta and hand sanitiser they will need some other crisis to needlessly swarm into a small space over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Vic_08 wrote: »
    I suppose once all the numptys have filled their houses with bog roll, pasta and hand sanitiser they will need some other crisis to needlessly swarm into a small space over.

Better post someone outside the banks to ask "are you sure you have enough bottled water?" just in case.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

I bolted towards the nearest ATM. My head hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It's more likely that anyone with money under the mattress will be running into banks with their cash!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Why would people?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,492 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Did the soldier hit you with the butt of his rifle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

100k wont be an issue for me and 99 per cent of the other customers. So bring on a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I'm on my way too, this JCB is pretty slow though.

elperello wrote: »
    Did the soldier hit you with the butt of his rifle?

Butts don't lie.

How much damage was done to the ATM?

branie2 wrote: »
    How much damage was done to the ATM?

Not enough, I'll mount another charge a la Braveheart.

You may take our lives, but you'll never take our money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

I wouldn't think so. if the so called effort against covid19 looks like it isn't being won inside the next couple of months, I'd imagine countries our own included will just throw in the towel and let covid19 do its thing and otherwise normal service will resume albeit slowly.

a bit out there with that, but there will be a limit to any effort against it. alot at stake the world over to let a virus most people we are told will recover from to continue to cause alot of imposed everyday restrictions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

Personally I would go into the bank and withdraw every penny you have and then stick it under your mattress for safe keeping. When you do this make sure to post your full address here and the amount.

That way your money is covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There could be if enough people start asking the question!

haydoyo wrote: »
    Personally I would go into the bank and withdraw every penny you have and then stick it under your mattress for safe keeping. When you do this make sure to post your full address here and the amount.

That way your money is covered.

Solid advice. Shove it where the moon don't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Why should there be a run on the banks? Is everybody withdrawing cash to buy extra tp and tins of pasta or something.

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Seriously is there something in the water these days. People are getting more stupid by the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

You'll be grand.

Don't worry your little head.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

ruwithme wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so. if the so called effort against covid19 looks like it isn't being won inside the next couple of months, I'd imagine countries our own included will just throw in the towel and let covid19 do its thing and otherwise normal service will resume albeit slowly.

I believe the strategy is to get 60% of people infected and (hopefully) recovered. Then we have herd immunity.

However, it has to be done in a controlled way, hence the gradual closing of schools etc. Do it too quickly and panic sets in. Do it too slowly and in the infection rate increases too quickly.

So it's all about balancing the load on the HSE. In Cork they already have a bunch of health care workers recovering from C19 ready to be immune and take over when the next wave of health care workers to succumb. (Might be a bit tin-foil hatish this bit... but maybe not)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I love the concept that Bloomberg paid $500 million trying to get on the Democrat ticket because if Sanders got his way his annual tax would exceed Trumps nett worth.
    What's staggering about that figure is that it would give every American, man, woman and child one and half a million dollars each. Make the entire nation all millionaires in one fell swoop. For the price of a marketing and shmoozing bill. Unreal. And repellent.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭stinger31

Has anyone lost their job or been put on protective notice yet. I'm hearing horror stories about places just telling their staff that today's their last day. More than likely the places are closing down

Wibbs wrote: »
    What's staggering about that figure is that it would give every American, man, woman and child one and half a million dollars each. Make the entire nation all millionaires in one fell swoop. For the price of a marketing and shmoozing bill. Unreal. And repellent.

No..It would have given them around $1.50..

Had Trump declared an emergency two weeks ago you'd have had people having parties on the street licking each other..

• Advertisement

stinger31 wrote: »
    Has anyone lost their job or been put on protective notice yet. I'm hearing horror stories about places just telling their staff that today's their last day. More than likely the places are closing down

I'm about to lose mine and enter the bread line, thankfully public servants like teachers have a soft landing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement