Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid stuff to Current Affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,888 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Did he blame the Russians for the virus? :rolleyes:

No, Democrats and Crooked Hilary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

No, Democrats and Crooked Hilary.

Lock her up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Why are we continuing to allow flights around the world? It is crazy that people are still flying around Europe / World and its time we just said you have until Monday, after that stay where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

We won’t close the pubs, let alone the airports

• Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

_Brian wrote: »
    Fcuk Trump.

He spent the last three weeks:

Pretending the WHO we’re making it up
    Refused existing WHO tests so local medical companies could make a fortune.
    Stopping CDC speaking freely
    He claimed America has “hundreds of thousands of cases already and most had gotten better by sitting around or going to work”
    Said the cdc scientists admired how much science he knows and maybe he should have been a scientist rather than president.
    Openly refuted WHO advice and information saying he felt they were wrong.

He’s a monster, much of his rhetoric is like Kim in Korea where he has to be the best scientist, best golfer, best hotelier, richest businessman, most knowledgeable “stable genius” on the planet.

But now he has personally come into close contact with positive cases it’s suddenly a big deal.

I can’t beleive they shot JFK and this guy hasn’t even had someone take a pot shot at him.

Me either. I know plenty of other people who also say that as well and think the World would be far better off without him which it would be.
    Before too much longer I think someone will try.

I would hope they do more than try. They would be doing the World a favour if thy succeed and should be commanded for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Soon my pretties.... soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Why are we continuing to allow flights around the world? It is crazy that people are still flying around Europe / World and its time we just said you have until Monday, after that stay where you are.

Should have done that weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

What about cargo?

The horse has already bolted. Except this one, I'm in self-isolation at the local. If that f*cker moves his stool any closer I'll lamp him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

WHO said in their press conference that grounding flights isn't necessary now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

What's next after that?

Stop every train, halt every bus, park every car?

Quietly self-isolate at home until the stone age returns?

All credit to panic...but there has to be a sense of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Nermal

You just stay indoors, I've places to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

My sudden recent trip back home to Mexico consisted of being waved through. From leaving Shannon to Heathrow to Newark, Atlanta, and to Culiacan.But coming back, I was scanned out the wazoo once I arrived in the US on the leg of my trip. When I arrived at Shannon, I was just waved on through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

He's a header

His brain has been self-isolating for about 70 odd years now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Did he blame the Russians for the virus? :rolleyes:

More likely the Mexicans

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

enricoh wrote: »
    Jaysus he fairly changed his tune, 2 weeks ago it was nothing worth talking about!

First time for everything.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Earthhorse wrote: »
    First time for everything.
    Have a look at his track record on banning Chinese tech companies.

More changes in direction than a Swiss mountain road.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Of course Trump has banned all travel from Europe. He thinks germs come from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

cloudatlas wrote: »
    WHO said in their press conference that grounding flights isn't necessary now.

Isn't necessary because its too late?

What about Irish people overseas that want to come home?
    You can't exclude your own citizens!

• Advertisement

My sudden recent trip back home to Mexico consisted of being waved through. From leaving Shannon to Heathrow to Newark, Atlanta, and to Culiacan.But coming back, I was scanned out the wazoo once I arrived in the US on the leg of my trip. When I arrived at Shannon, I was just waved on through.

A Mexican wave?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I Decided not to take the flight from Denmark to Dublin this evening with my family because of restrictions issued from the Danish government but that flight could have had Irish citizens going home from Denmark so while i feel i am doing the right thing and losing some money I am happy to see airlines(ryanair in this case) getting people home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Have a look at his track record on banning Chinese tech companies.

More changes in direction than a Swiss mountain road.

I can’t tell if you can’t tell I wasn’t serious or the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Airports and aeroplanes are allot quieter than the shops these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

A Mexican wave?

That is all you got from my post? Instead of the lack of restrictions of travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't worry, it's coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Donald may have the virus himself as he was photoed with an infected Brazilian

729fd4dabc54fb33750d7e1ac55c596abb6274a8

link

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I can’t tell if you can’t tell I wasn’t serious or the other way around.
    other way around ?

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.

The US is practically a kleptocracy between corporate welfare and the concentration of wealth at the top.

I love the concept that Bloomberg paid $500 million trying to get on the Democrat ticket because if Sanders got his way his annual tax would exceed Trumps nett worth.

Republicans and Democrats are way over to the right compared to our parties. It's insane.

Has the US government stepped in and offered financial assistance and legal protection to people who shouldn't really be at work ?
    40% of Americans don’t have $400 in the bank for emergency expenses:

fryup wrote: »
    Donald my have the virus himself as he was photoed with an infected Brazilian

ye olde Bush joke

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.

Finally, the President looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"

• Advertisement

I shall now quote the scripture of George Clinton, entirely keeping in context:

"Free your mind and your ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement