Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Token women commentators in men’rt

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Greyfox wrote: »
    Anybody who doesn't want to listen to a pundit due to the fact that shes female is a sexist. Theirs no rules to state that a woman isn't allowed be a pundit on male sport.

I must be a sexist so...….

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

My main gripe is why a lot of male pundits have no experience of being jockeys or being in racing ...or have any knowledge of horses. Its quite embarrassing at times.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    What does it matter the difference in sports, most sports journalists don't even play the sport they write about, certainly not at the top level, most film critics don't make films. The "token" females pundits are way more qualified to talk about these sports than 99% of the lads watching them.
    Yeah ..i've noticed its usually ex sports women who really know their stuff ...against a guy with a media degree who doesn't know a thing.
    Partic in Horse racing.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I must be a sexist so...….

You are your name.

If i am watching a sport ..it means i have an interest in it. I know a bit about it.

I want to be listening to commentary that can teach me something from a true expert on that sport not an expert on sports commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Greyfox wrote: »
    Anybody who doesn't want to listen to a pundit due to the fact that shes female is a sexist.

Not entirely true. You might just want to hear from somebody who has played at the top level of the sport you're watching or has been in the big games.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not entirely true. You might just want to hear from somebody who has played at the top level of the sport you're watching or has been in the big games.

That's fine. Then it doesn't matter if its a female ex golfer etc or a male one.

That's fine. Then it doesn't matter if its a female ex golfer etc or a male one.

I've no interest in golf but I'm assuming men play at a much higher level given strength and whatnot? As far as football goes, the women's hasn't a patch on the men's and I say that as someone who enjoyed the Women's World Cup last year.

I've no interest in golf but I'm assuming men play at a much higher level given strength and whatnot? As far as football goes, the women's hasn't a patch on the men's and I say that as someone who enjoyed the Women's World Cup last year.

It’s grand to watch, well in that meh sense that I’ll never care about a team playing it, and fairly entertaining. But it’s basically a different sport to the men’s game.

It’s grand to watch, well in that meh sense that I’ll never care about a team playing it, and fairly entertaining. But it’s basically a different sport to the men’s game.

Watching the keepers trying to catch the ball is definitely good craic.

That's bs. Half the pundits in football have been out of the game years ...and would not have half the knowledge modern female players have.

Men are just irritated by everything women do out of the bedroom. Its childish.

• Advertisement

That's bs. Half the pundits in football have been out of the game years ...and would not have half the knowledge modern female players have.

That little tantrum style attitude because everyone doesn’t think like you is the only thing that’s childish here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Without a sense of irony, you make a sweeping statement about all men.

Amazing.

That's bloody childish. And ridiculous.

That little tantrum style attitude because everyone doesn’t think like you is the only thing that’s childish here.
    That's such a sexist comment. Undermine a female poster by ignoring the substance and logic of her post and accusing her of throwing a tantrum.

What about all the male pundits on rhythmic gymnastics etc? Because its a female sport and all the pundits are mostly male?? They can't ever have participated.

Should they all be fired?

Should no men be allowed comment on female sports? I mean they have different bodies. What do they know?

Female sports get only 4% of media coverage. And this is leading to the influence of male minds against women.

Sports can be used for good or evil.

The world of football is a hub of racism and misogyny.

I honestly think the sports people must hate the fans they have.

That's bloody childish.

Don't be so triggered. ITS A JOKE.

Men are just irritated by everything women do out of the bedroom.

That's such a sexist comment.

I agree.

I agree.
    Where is the male sense of humor located?? Is yours malfunctioning?

Female sports get only 4% of media coverage. And this is leading to the influence of male minds against women.

Maybe more girls need to get out their and support their sisters in the stands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You are your name.

If i am watching a sport ..it means i have an interest in it. I know a bit about it.

I want to be listening to commentary that can teach me something from a true expert on that sport not an expert on sports commentary.

I thought you were into Motorbikes?

Don't be so triggered. ITS A JOKE.

It's hard to know with you. You literally said the world of football is a hub of misogyny.

• Advertisement

That's such a sexist comment. Undermine a female poster by ignoring the substance and logic of her post and accusing her of throwing a tantrum.

I stopped after that to be honest because you’re either (a) deliberately being antagonistic or (b) you’re completely irrational.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Is 'Alan allow-me-to-describe-what-you're-seeing Shearer' still getting paid for his useless commentary?

AS: 'Gets the ball, dribbles to the edge of the box, beats one, beats two, aye aye mate, gets his left behind it, aye aye, back of the net, magic'

We can see that you thundering muppet.

Nothing you said was really funny though!

Maybe more girls need to get out their and support their sisters in the stands.

They do.

Maybe more men need to support their sisters.

Nothing you said was really funny though!

Well your reaction was!:pac:

They do.

The product is too poor.

They do.

They don't. they really don't. The numbers are out there.

I've never been in a stadium where there are more women than men. I'm at matches every single week. As it happens, my club are entering a women's team into the League of Ireland this month, guarantee you there'll be more guys there supporting than girls.

You are the sexist. The main narrative has been that professional men know more about their respective sports than a female would. You have just said that men only care about women in the bedroom.

Grow up.

Ask Andy Grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

What about all the male pundits on rhythmic gymnastics etc? Because its a female sport and all the pundits are mostly male?? They can't ever have participated.

Should they all be fired?

Should no men be allowed comment on female sports? I mean they have different bodies. What do they know?

Sports can be used for good or evil.

The world of football is a hub of racism and misogyny.

I honestly think the sports people must hate the fans they have.

Because women have no interest in sport.......

Such is the lucrative nature of the female audience, football would be free all day long if the same amount of women were into football as men.

That is why sports subscriptions cost a fortune while there is not one single example of women having to subscribe to any channels to watch what they love!!! (apart from netflix etc obviously)

There are plenty of sports where the gender of the pundit is completely irrelevant, tennis, olympics etc....unfortunately football it is not one of them such is the gulf in ability and understanding....it is like having someone who can barely speak the language on....

Advertisement