Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Token women commentators in men’rt

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

They do.

Maybe more men need to support their sisters.

More men attend female sporting games than women.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's hard to know with you. You literally said the world of football is a hub of misogyny.

Never heard of football hooliganism? facism in football?

Its rife with it.

TBH i am glad they are the fans the game deserves. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Its rife with it.

You have no f##king idea what you are one about....

The sport is played in probably 80% every city or town on the planet, many cities have hundreds of clubs, thousands of players.. most city streets have seen football action....by young boys in particular...it is the most played professional sport on the planet...it is the most watched sport on the planet...and all you can see is the tiny percent of negativity....

Typical feminist, speaking with authority on something you barely understand and calling anyone who disagrees as sexists....it's infantile.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Its rife with it.

Just so we're clear, is this another one of your hilarious jokes?

Ever hear of Make A Wish, hospital visits, soft toys raining from the stands for needy fans?

aM7wYA2b_700wa_0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Its rife with it.

TBH i am glad they are the fans the game deserves.

I have no idea if you are trolling or whether your idiocy is worthy of pity.

Either way, your contribution has been sub par.

• Advertisement

You have no f##king idea what you are one about....

Yeah, pretty much this. So ignorant but cocksure with it, ironically.

Noticed there was no response from that poster to the multiple posts saying that men attend female sports more then females do. Just silence.

facism in football?

Its rife with it.

It's disgusting.

amnesty-international-and-bohemians-team-up-for-new-refugees-welcome-kit.jpg

Yeah, pretty much this. So ignorant but cocksure with it, ironically.

Noticed there was no response from that poster to the multiple posts saying that men attend female sports more then females do. Just silence.

Sorry i have a life ....and don't really value arguments and opinions online so much i have to respond to prove my point. I don't have to win ...or be the strong correct one. I dont mind losing or being beaten ..i am female.
    Lack of male ego ;)

Men go to oggle women really in female sports dont they?

That is really the ONLY reason to watch. I mean ..its not like women are as strong as men or play to as high a level as men and could easily be great sports pundits.

Bye guys!

Sorry i have a life ....and don't really value arguments and opinions online so much i have to respond to prove my point.

You post more than anyone else on this site, don't give us that.
    Men go to oggle women really in female sports dont they?

That is really the ONLY reason to watch. I mean ..its not like women are as strong as men or play to as high a level as men and could easily be great sports pundits.

Never heard of Katie Taylor, Ronda Rousey, Sonia O Sullivan? Men glued to their screens for them.
    Bye guys!

:pac::pac::pac:

Never heard of Katie Taylor, Ronda Rousey, Sonia O Sullivan? Men glued to their screens for them.

:pac::pac::pac:

Please no ....Katie Taylor never got the same kind of love as Mc Gregor did from men. It was women who loved her. Still do.

She never got the same chances a man would in her place.

Also apparently she could never comment on boxing because she isn't as strong as a man and never boxed at the same level. So some media pundit with a degree from UCD is far more qualified so long as he is a man.

• Advertisement

Please no ....Katie Taylor never got the same kind of love as Mc Gregor did from men. It was women who loved her. Still do.

Lies. Again. Katie was unanimously loved. By everyone.

McGregor is and has been the embodiment of a polarizing character.

Also Ms Taylor is awfully monotone unfortunately which doesn't translate well to broadcasting gigs.

Lies. Again. Katie was unanimously loved. By everyone.

McGregor is and has been the embodiment of a polarizing character.

Who made more money and got more media hmm?

And mcgregor is still loved ...and respected.

Women would not get away with a quarter of the stuff he got away with before people thought hmm he is acting like a brat. And there are still people who love him.

That is sexism.

Also Ms Taylor is awfully monotone unfortunately which doesn't translate well to broadcasting gigs.

Not a problem. A couple of voice lessons will change it. Its a skill like anything else.

Every professional radio and tv broadcaster will have had to have had the same lessons anyway.

Beckham had lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Didn't do Alan Quinlan any harm.

Didn't do Alan Quinlan any harm.

It doesn't matter anyway. Broadcasting is a skill both men and women can be trained in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Honestly any one would be better than listening to Steve "Fletch, Fletch, Fletch"McManaman all night...or anyone with a scouser accent commentating on a match

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Honestly any one would be better than listening to Steve "Fletch, Fletch, Fletch"McManaman all night...or anyone with a scouser accent commentating on a match

Well, not Michael Owen. As bad as a pundit he is, remember he was commentating?

Sorry i have a life ....and don't really value arguments and opinions online so much i have to respond to prove my point.

Cool. You can be completely disregarded so.

That is sexism.

Men are just irritated by everything women do out of the bedroom. Its childish.

Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Well until a professional women's team can beat an under 15 boys team...then ya!

By the way..who is Alex Scott!

Dancing with the stars sort of thing , at least thats what the wife says.:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Who made more money and got more media hmm?

McGregor is a terrible person but the main reason the media loved him was his trash talk was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I don't really care what your sexuality is, my issue is that you are talking complete bollox.

You never answered my question about Sian Massey by the way. Do you think she can do her job, or would you like to see a man do it instead?

You cared enough to turn yourself into a homophobe, in a futile and desperate attempt to resurrect your losing argument... unfortunately, it didn't quite have the impact you were hoping for. Perhaps it is a more effective strategy when you're slagging someone off down in your local pub or in the bookies?? :pac:

That last part is two questions, actually, not one... and I've already answered. But I'll go again.

Do I think Sian Massey is good at her job? Yes/no/maybe... who cares? It's irrelevant - as I've already stated.

Would I like to see a man doing her job instead?

Yes, absolutely I would... And not because I have anything against Sian Massey or women in general. But because it's men's professional football, so I would give men preferential treatment in their own sport.

And I wouldn't feel even the slightest bit guilty about this either, because there would be nothing even remotely sexist about it.
    Greyfox wrote: »
    Anybody who doesn't want to listen to a pundit due to the fact that shes female is a sexist. Theirs no rules to state that a woman isn't allowed be a pundit on male sport.

Horsesh*t...

There is nothing sexist about favouring men in men's sport... It's not the same as 99.9% of other industries in society. It is a somewhat unique industry, which openly forbids women from participating. (and is not deemed sexist in doing so)

There is a complete lack of logic and common sense in your argument.

The reason you cannot see this, is because like so many people in society you have been brainwashed into thinking that anything that excludes one sex or the other, must be automatically sexist by default... but this is simply not always the case!

This is one of those unique areas, where it is perfectly acceptable to favour one sex over the other. There is nothing unfair about it. It's completely natural. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

You cared enough to turn yourself into a homophobe, in a futile and desperate attempt to resurrect your losing argument... unfortunately, it didn't quite have the impact you were hoping for. Perhaps it is a more effective strategy when you're slagging someone off down in your local pub or in the bookies?? :pac:

Homophobe? I'm not in any way homophobic. Or maybe, like "sexist" it's just another word you don't understand.

I said your rabid desire to exclude a beautiful competent woman so as to maintain the sanctity of a men only environment sounded a bit gay to me, and it does.

I said it half joking, but only half!;)

That last part is two questions, actually, not one... and I've already answered. But I'll go again.

Do I think Sian Massey is good at her job? Yes/no/maybe... who cares? It's irrelevant - as I've already stated.

I care, that's why i asked.
    What was your answer, i missed it.
    Would I like to see a man doing her job instead?

Yes, absolutely I would... And not because I have anything against Sian Massey or women in general. But because it's men's professional football, so I would give men preferential treatment in their own sport.

I know, it's because you prefer it to be a men only environment - you've said it many times.
    And I wouldn't feel even the slightest bit guilty about this either, because there would be nothing even remotely sexist about it.

It's the very dictionary definition of sexist. Whether you feel guilty or not about it i could really give a shít. But it is what is regardless of how you feel.

Horsesh*t...

Yup. And lots of it too Greta!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

There is nothing sexist about favouring men in men's sport... It's not the same as 99.9% of other industries in society. It is a somewhat unique industry, which openly forbids women from participating. (and is not deemed sexist in doing so)

What your saying is very sexist as you are not just favouring men in men's sport, you are saying their should be no female pundits on mens football so you are very clearly making a judgement based on a persons sex.

Where does it say women are forbidden from participating in punditary? I think your letting your imagination run away from you and still failing to realise that a football player and a pundit are two different occupations. And the whole one doesnt exist without the other is not relevant in the real world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Sick of token women on sports like soccer.

The main reason is, beside the fact they are only there for political correctness reasons , how can I take the opinion of a woman on premier league football when a woman has never played the game at that level.
    And before some women cries about sexism, I wont listen to a man who has never played at the top level either.

dont give me the rubbish that women play football and have their own league, world cup etc, its not the same level.

Advertisement