Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

iguana wrote: »
    I've only seen the Dunnes on Childres Rd but the queue area was taped out on the ground and people had to stand in squares 2m apart from each other. When the queue goes forward, everyone advances one square and it's strictly monitored.

That's really reassuring to hear... and people are in most cases so patient and adhering to this new way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

We ordered a delivery from SuperValu, from their Corbally store. Slot was 1pm-3pm today, but hasn't arrived. Rang to ask what's happening, and they say they have a backlog and it could arrive up to 8pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Just home from Dunnes Jetland. Everything organised with hand sanitiser at the entrance and one-way entry and exit from the main shopping area. Shoppers seemed to be making a real effort to keep distance between each other.

Likewise, Woodies was very well organised with staff regulating numbers entering the store. Separation markers on the pathway outside and it was very easy to maintain good separation from others in the store.

LIDL was operating as normal with no control outside or inside that I could see. People were milling about inside like any normal day with no discernable attempts at separation.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

Does anyone actually know someone in Co Limerick who has been tested? A family member is waiting for 7 days now, referred last Saturday.
    Looks like very few tested so far in Limerick apart from healthcare workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Solli wrote: »
    Does anyone actually know someone in Co Limerick who has been tested? A family member is waiting for 7 days now, referred last Saturday.
    Looks like very few tested so far in Limerick apart from healthcare workers.

I don't know anyone who has been tested but I know of those who were testing past two weeks and was mainly housecalls. Don't know if healthcare workers or not.. that wouldn't ( nor shouldn't have) been shared with me. It would be interesting to see % of tests administered county by county and then make comparatives with confirmed cases.
    7 days is worryingly long and v hard for you to all to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

15 confirmed cases in Limerick from the official stats (as of midnight on the 19th), up 1 case from the stats released earlier in the week.

I know this doesn't paint an accurate picture with people waiting on results, waiting to be tested, not showing symptoms yet, etc but it's a relief to not see a big spike, to me at least.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/f0c391-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-saturday-21/

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

I don't know anyone who has been tested but I know of those who were testing past two weeks and was mainly housecalls. Don't know if healthcare workers or not.. that wouldn't ( nor shouldn't have) been shared with me. It would be interesting to see % of tests administered county by county and then make comparatives with confirmed cases.
    7 days is worryingly long and v hard for you to all to wait.

I know of a child that was waiting a week to be tested and it was carried out this evening at the new health centre in Roxborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

le_girl wrote: »
    15 confirmed cases in Limerick from the official stats (as of midnight on the 19th), up 1 case from the stats released earlier in the week.

I know this doesn't paint an accurate picture with people waiting on results, waiting to be tested, not showing symptoms yet, etc but it's a relief to not see a big spike, to me at least.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/f0c391-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-saturday-21/

Yeah, even if we assume/accept that there are issues with waits on tests and test results and the like, that should be similar to the rest of the country, so the low number is still a positive, however tentative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It’s End of Days lads....

attachment.php?attachmentid=506644&d=1584916764

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

15 cases out of 906. 1.65% of the cases in the country. It just seems way too good to be true. If there really is this kind of discrepancy in proportional infection rates between regions, then we need regional lockdowns like they do in Italy. It's important to ensure that more infections aren't spreading into less infected areas from the more infected areas. That way hospitals in less infected regions can support hospitals that are overrun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

The numbers indicate there is no testing in Limerick. Or Clare. Westmeath has more tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is testing going on in Limerick. The fact we are at 15 is giving me hope even though I know it will rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

My 4year old was showing last weekend and called GP Monday got a call weds for Thur test in Neagh. We based in Limerick. Waiting for the results now. So in my experience fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

iguana wrote:
    15 cases out of 906. 1.65% of the cases in the country. It just seems way too good to be true. If there really is this kind of discrepancy in proportional infection rates between regions, then we need regional lockdowns like they do in Italy. It's important to ensure that more infections aren't spreading into less infected areas from the more infected areas. That way hospitals in less infected regions can support hospitals that are overrun.

Did you get sorted and how are you feeling now?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

For those of you who want to view the Statistics then here is a link for Ireland, all countries are there. Updated frequently with Data. Big takeaway for me from it is that 97% of those in Ireland have mild symptoms and more have recovered than have died.

Let's try to stay the course right now. Leo, today, said he doesn't forsee any lockdowns.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,160 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No thanks to all those idiots who decided to go to Lahinch and Killkee yesterday. Gombeens!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Drove through town at 4:30, looked like 5:45 of a Sunday evening than a Monday afternoon. Most businesses locked up. When McDonald's closes it would seem the only place open will be the Vodafone shop on that stretch. BK already in darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Berty wrote: »
    Drove through town at 4:30, looked like 5:45 of a Sunday evening than a Monday afternoon. Most businesses locked up. When McDonald's closes it would seem the only place open will be the Vodafone shop on that stretch. BK already in darkness.

BK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    BK?

Burger King I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Is MacDonalds in crescent still open , kids want to go for the last supper before its gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭2016

bazz26 wrote: »
    No thanks to all those idiots who decided to go to Lahinch and Killkee yesterday. Gombeens!

I didn't go there, but it can be done safely or it can be done unsafely. Simply going there isn't enough to be a gombeen. Being>15mins <2m from non-family member = gombeen for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Went out to UL yesterday morning to give the kids a spin on the bikes around the campus for possibly the last time for a while.

We were out there for 9.30 and it was relatively quiet....a few runners and dog walkers and everyone being sensible generally re: social distancing.

We went as far as the river bank behind the rowing club....the path was getting busy so we turned around at that point. All the playing pitches were cordoned off which is probably for the best as last weekend I'd noticed some teams appeared to be doing informal training sessions.

I've never understood the attraction of Kilkee at all but to be drawn out there these days seems bizarre but still probably slightly less problematic than the hoards of people wandering around B&Q, Harvey Norman etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are there still big queues in Jetland? Particularly around 7:30 or 8?!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Pacifico wrote: »
    Are there still big queues in Jetland? Particularly around 7:30 or 8?!

It was very, very quiet at midday today. No queue to get in at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DirtyHarry88

O'Mahonys Books staying open.

Pure greed. And they have an online and library business that can keep going through this

Don't give a damn about the safety of their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

O'Mahonys Books staying open.

Pure greed. And they have an online and library business that can keep going through this

Don't give a damn about the safety of their staff.

Are Eason's still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,160 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2016 wrote: »
    I didn't go there, but it can be done safely or it can be done unsafely. Simply going there isn't enough to be a gombeen. Being>15mins <2m from non-family member = gombeen for sure.

The car park at Lahinch had to be closed by AGS because there were too many people there. We are in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic and social distancing isn't been observed by these ignorant and selfish brain dead idiots. Gombeen doesn't actually justify these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

One thing that's mind boggling is how many parents are doing nothing to contain their kids when out in public.

I've had to leave places because kids aged 10+ were standing right behind me whilst their parents did nothing to ask them to keep their distance. Also seen parents allowing their kids to walk/play/run alongside other people on walks and force some of those people onto the road or to stop completely as they try to keep a safe distance.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

3 more today bringing Limerick to 18. While Tipperary has 20. I can't get past the suspicion that it's a problem with our testing rather than Limerick having such a low rate.
    kilburn wrote: »
    Did you get sorted and how are you feeling now?

Still waiting but that's to be expected, and feeling more or less the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

iguana wrote: »
    3 more today bringing Limerick to 18. While Tipperary has 20. I can't get past the suspicion that it's a problem with our testing rather than Limerick having such a low rate.

Surely the testing backlog is the same countrywide. An increase in testing will lead to an increase of positive cases everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement