Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Drive thru test centre being established at ballycummin

Where in Ballycummin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Mc Love wrote: »
    Where in Ballycummin?

Your house

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

Most if not all of Raheen Industrial Estate is in Ballycummin so the centre could be in any of the unused units out there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

chicorytip wrote: »
    Most restaurants and cafeterias in the city centre appear to be open for business as normal and busy. How can this be conducive to preventing the spread of the illness?

Probably end up getting closed by the end of the week. I know a few places are gone to take away only and the likes of Canteen implemented social distancing measures last week.

Post offices have a new opening time of 8am with the first hour to accommodate older folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Mc Love wrote: »
    Where in Ballycummin?

Well they will require a large car parking area.. testing doesn't require you to leave the car so this is perhaps most logical place given proximity to hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Well they will require a large car parking area.. testing doesn't require you to leave the car so this is perhaps most logical place given proximity to hospital.

They won't need large carpark. Testing in Croke Park is by appointment only, takes about 10 minutes and only allows 8 vehicles at a time. It's unlikely to be any different in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

I'm looking forward to the first night Costellos opens again...never again will I take that place for granted...well, not initially anyway!!!
    The cure to the virus could probably be found in the carpet there

They won't need large carpark. Testing in Croke Park is by appointment only, takes about 10 minutes and only allows 8 vehicles at a time. It's unlikely to be any different in Limerick.

Hse offices in ballycummin. Let's wait and see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Hse offices in ballycummin. Let's wait and see.

How is that relevant to your claim that a large car park will be needed? Appointment only testing with a limited number of cases for each time slot, as is being done elsewhere, means that a large car park is not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Is there much left open in Arthurs Quay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Your house

Nope. Don't do dat.

Mark

How is that relevant to your claim that a large car park will be needed? Appointment only testing with a limited number of cases for each time slot, as is being done elsewhere, means that a large car park is not needed.

Cookiemunster I'm only stating what I've been told, what's with looking for a debate on who is right or wrong.. stop being so pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Pennys is also closing now
    Penneys
    49 mins ·
    With the health and welfare of our employees and customers front of mind, we have made the decision to close our stores in the Republic of Ireland, until further notice.

Penneys has overcome many challenges over the past 50 years, and we pride ourselves on our agility and our ability to adapt.

We thank all our employees, customers, suppliers and partners for their continued support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Is there much left open in Arthurs Quay?

I went there this morning about 9.30.

Tesco of course was open, and fully stocked. The Eurogiant pound shop was open. Quay News (the paper shop) was open. The bookstall was closed but I'm not sure whether they're normally open at that time anyway. Didn't notice whether anything else was open.

Upstairs was all closed off.

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I went there this morning about 9.30.

Tesco of course was open, and fully stocked. The Eurogiant pound shop was open. Quay News (the paper shop) was open. The bookstall was closed but I'm not sure whether they're normally open at that time anyway. Didn't notice whether anything else was open.

Upstairs was all closed off.

Was Holland & Barrett still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

14 confirmed cases in Limerick tonight by Dept of Health despite all our differences of opinions on loads of things Limerick related everybody stay safe !

Didn't look at that bit, so I don't know, sorry.

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Didn't look at that bit, so I don't know, sorry.

Not a panic, purely curious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

kilburn wrote: »
    14 confirmed cases in Limerick tonight by Dept of Health despite all our differences of opinions on loads of things Limerick related everybody stay safe !

Crappola!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TaitsClock

Passed it today, pretty sure it was still open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

County by county numbers released today showed 14 cases in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭patnor1011

osarusan wrote: »
    County by county numbers released today showed 14 cases in Limerick.

what is the best site to see this stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Morning all

I dont know if we want to keep this thread to virus related or is it ok to discuss shops, ill let mods decide.

Has dunnes in jetland introduced restricted numbers etc yet does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

dashoonage wrote: »
    Morning all

I dont know if we want to keep this thread to virus related or is it ok to discuss shops, ill let mods decide.

Think it's best to have this as an all information thread for anything Corona virus related in Limerick and major news you'd probably miss in the main threads.

As of Tuesday night there was no restrictions on numbers for Dunnes in the Jetland, whether that changed yesterday or today though I'm not sure.

patnor1011 wrote: »
    what is the best site to see this stats?

The Wikipedia page on the coronavirus in Ireland now has a table showing cases per county:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

dashoonage wrote: »
    Morning all

Think it's best to have this as an all information thread for anything Corona virus related in Limerick and major news you'd probably miss in the main threads.

As of Tuesday night there was no restrictions on numbers for Dunnes in the Jetland, whether that changed yesterday or today though I'm not sure.

OP here. I vaguely intended the thread to be "stay safe guys", "take things seriously", "wash your hands", "avoid this place" and so on for local people because the main coronavirus thread on Board had become an unusable firehose. But shop closures and other local virus-related things haven't overwhelmed this thread as yet so I think, for now, keep it the way it is has become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

No restrictions at 6 yesterday evening, but it was not busy. The madness of buying as much bog roll as can fit in your trolley has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Limerick leader has said there are a few drive thru testing facilities in Limerick tipp and clare. Hasn't specified where but they are all by appointment only

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Anyone know of a supermarket or shop around that actually has disinfecting spray and wipes in stock? Maybe I'm just unlucky but I can't seem to find any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

le_girl wrote: »
    Anyone know of a supermarket or shop around that actually has disinfecting spray and wipes in stock? Maybe I'm just unlucky but I can't seem to find any.

Dunnes, Childers road has sprays alright, wipes were a problem. They weren't there unless you want to pay the premium for Dettol wipes. I'd prefer to buy the spray instead.

Herself indoors loves cleaning, would easily buy 5 packets of Jcloths per week and about 4/5 cleaning wipes. We have adapted to sprays now instead where they are in stock and not the exorbitant prices ones left.

As for me in Tesco the Cereal aisle was badly low on stock last weekend but seeing as I'm such an "old before my time" person my Sultana Bran own brand was very much in stock :D Seems some happily cleared the shelves of the 5.99 Cheerios and similar :O

Also Tesco, last weekend, had an outside agency assisting with stocking their shelves. Didn't catch the logo but they were in purple(I think) fleeces assisting restocking as quickly as possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement