Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone know if there is any truth in the following

"Medical Device company due to shut for 2 weeks due to Covid-19"

Limerick based company, won't name as I don't want to be spreading something that may not be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is any truth in the following

"Medical Device company due to shut for 2 weeks due to Covid-19"

Limerick based company, won't name as I don't want to be spreading something that may not be true?

Haven’t heard of a shutdown but I do know of a person who works in a medical device company in limerick that tested positive. Their spouse also works there but don’t know if they had been tested.

Edit: just asked and it is shutting down Most of the lines for 4 weeks with a skeleton crew For certain essential products.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭phog

fryup wrote: »
    are you kiddin? all the people flicking through the catalogos, pressing the keyboards pads, sitting around waiting for the items...its a bacteria playground..it should close

Order online, collect at store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

phog wrote: »
    Order online, collect at store.
    Online reservation not an option today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

august12 wrote: »
    Online reservation not an option today.

They're closed sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭Villa05

fryup wrote:
    are you kiddin? all the people flicking through the catalogos, pressing the keyboards pads, sitting around waiting for the items...its a bacteria playground..it should close

Can operate click and collect. Order at home pay at self service kiosk collect at desk.
    Wipe down screen after each customer. Social distancing easy to practice as floor space can be cleared out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

keane2097 wrote: »
    They're closed sure
    Thanks for the update, I wasn't sure and had reserved something online prior to announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Technically not Limerick but EI Electronics in Shannon (a lot of Limerick employees) are still open for the workers yet put up a post on their Facebook today saying the safety of their people and customers is at the heart of everything they do.

They apologised that their reps can't visit the customers in person and rounded it off with #staysafestayhome. It's an absolute disgrace that they are basically forcing their employees into a factory with 500 other workers as, according to their owner, they are an essential business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thanks for the update, I wasn't sure and had reserved something online prior to announcement.

They're still doing delivery according to their website which may be of use.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Technically not Limerick but EI Electronics in Shannon (a lot of Limerick employees) are still open for the workers yet put up a post on their Facebook today saying the safety of their people and customers is at the heart of everything they do.

They apologised that their reps can't visit the customers in person and rounded it off with #staysafestayhome. It's an absolute disgrace that they are basically forcing their employees into a factory with 500 other workers as, according to their owner, they are an essential business.

If those workers can stay 2m apart while doing their job then there's no issue. There are very few factories closed anywhere.

Where I work all office staff are working from home, but there are still over 200 of us onsite. Social distancing is being enforced and there is handwash everywhere. I'm happy enough with the setup and I want to continue working.

If every factory closed the economy would collapse. There's no way the government could afford the payments they've setup in that scenario.

• Advertisement

If those workers can stay 2m apart while doing their job then there's no issue. There are very few factories closed anywhere.

Where I work all office staff are working from home, but there are still over 200 of us onsite. Social distancing is being enforced and there is handwash everywhere. I'm happy enough with the setup and I want to continue working.

If every factory closed the economy would collapse. There's no way the government could afford the payments they've setup in that scenario.

They stand basically shoulder to shoulder on the production line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They stand basically shoulder to shoulder on the production line.

Do you know for definite that they're not implementing social distancing? If theyre not and you have proof, then you should report then to the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I ordered something on Sunday and got confirmation of delivery for next week.

Do you know for definite that they're not implementing social distancing? If theyre not and you have proof, then you should report then to the HSE.

Ive just been told someone has reported them to the hse.

They are in the process of installing perspex screens between the workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We're all gonna look like grizzly Adams with no barbers open

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Company i work for have sent home about 70% of the workforce. Only key areas in the factory are still working away as normal for now but with strict conditions in place. They are even talking about getting some serious PPE for us to wear so it can stay open. I do hope we can work for as long as we can. They are doing a stellar job at moving things around so we are not on top of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

get your mammy to do it, like in the old days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

fryup wrote:
    get your mammy to do it, like in the old days

Bowl and scissors job done !

Just when they were dying out, Man Buns are going to be back with a vengeance.

Possibly the worst outcome of Covid19.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭adaminho

Just when they were dying out, Man Buns are going to be back with a vengeance.

Possibly the worst outcome of Covid19.

Either that or we all go back to the being skinheads with lads using clippers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

adaminho wrote: »
    Either that or we all go back to the being skinheads with lads using clippers!
    Im gonna be back in fashion !:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Villa05 wrote: »
    Can operate click and collect. Order at home pay at self service kiosk collect at desk.
    Wipe down screen after each customer. Social distancing easy to practice as floor space can be cleared out

Were they wiping down screen and keypad after each costumer or was that a suggestion?

If those workers can stay 2m apart while doing their job then there's no issue.

Are you certain there be no issue?

I seen the lads laying the tarmac on blackboy road were on top of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Gonna be a lot of Nightline delivery drivers out of work. Next and River Island have pulled their online stores...

Gonna be a lot of Nightline delivery drivers out of work. Next and River Island have pulled their online stores...

Jackie any reason you know why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Still there's a lot more online shopping in general happening now not to mention grocery shopping online.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have noticed that over the past few days that I think people feel normalised about the Virus being out there and the roads are much busier. People are heading places, much more than ever on the daily commute. For the most it appears to be quieter than usual(of course) but getting increasingly busier on the roads between 8-8:30 and 4:30-5:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was in town last night between 8 and 9 and it was eerily quiet. Loads of parking, very few cars on the streets and so few out walking.

I went out Westfields this morning for a jog and it was busier than I expected

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement