Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

saabsaab wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to that guy on TV that had a contact with a case last week, did he ever get a test?

To be fair if this starts spreading here no health system will cope fully. So we have to rely on ourselves alone for the most part.

It reminds me to make a will in any case.

Think he died, the Iranian minster ? i could be wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

fritzelly wrote: »
    Current countries in Europe (not the EU)

mcw5Zp6.png

Lot of eastern block countries there with zero cases which is interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

At best they might act as a barrier between your hands and your face so you are not touching your face .
    Even for that purpose alone they're worthwhile. Folks are always touching their faces when out and about, a scarf is a little too impractical. Some simple DIY (washable) masks would be best, one for each day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Got my St Patrick's Day Parade costume today.

1527158750-69-safety-smart-africa-ltd.jpg

Cupatae wrote: »

Think that was the deputy health minister I think he's not dead. Is it another guy in the Iranian hierarchy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Was in London this week and there was a lot of people wearing them around the airport in particular. Haven’t seen anybody wearing them in Ireland yet

I was surprised not to see more people in masks, I was in London earlier in the week too but only saw 5 or 6 people wearing masks across two days in airport, on Tube etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Fatalaties exceed 500 in Iran, US bans all travel to/from there.
    Reckon they're doing something wrong, also N95's aren't as effective with beards.
    Also, going to pray time x6 per day or so (even during this tribulation) won't help.

Wait a second .... 500 deaths in Iran? Source? Most reports have around 50

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Cupatae wrote: »

Did a quick Google, an Iranian MP died of it today, but I don't think the Iranian Health Minister has died, or at least I can't find any evidence for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

IF St Patrick’s Day events go ahead, I can actually see that in some parade :)

Its not Ebola you know right :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Runaways wrote: »
    I was in Cambodia for two weeks(5-19 feb) got a bad cut on my leg on the beach and a bad cut on my hand on the plane home. Also was in the town an infected cruise ship was quarantined in on the way to my destination and the island had loads and loads of chinese holiday makers. The island was basic beyond belief (Koh Rong if You’re nosey) but so was Cambodia every toilet an absolute sh!t show literally and figuratively (see attached pic) and two or three days after coming home (I’m home 9 days now) I got really sick with a flu and all the symptoms described. Worst being a grip on my chest and throat and shortness of breath and endless coughing. This is ongoing and comes and goes.
    But I don’t think it was the island but the endless flights and airports.
    Not taking the piss at all. Have called the HSE 4 or 5 times now and still awaiting a promised call back.
    Go figure.

Don’t open the pic if you’re eating. This was toilets generally over there. I have other pics if you don’t believe. Asia is screwed in this epidemic. Truly.

That’s a bad jacks but I’ve seen worse in Egypt. My god, Egypt’s jacks are horrendous.
    Hope you get well soon and I hope it’s not covid 19. Even if it is, c19 isn’t seriously bad for the majority of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Deco99 wrote: »
    Wait a second .... 500 deaths in Iran? Source? Most reports have around 50

https://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/human-rights/27479-iran-coronavirus-fatalities-exceeds-500

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Think that was the deputy health minister I think he's not dead. Is it another guy in the Iranian hierarchy?

Yeah that was it the deputy minister i googled it there, his still kickin around, it was the wuhan doctor i was thinkin of that died.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If that St Patricks Day costume is water and wind proof you've got all the bases covered...
    Handy in Temple Bar for all the pints of Guinness that'll get spilt on you too :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Love it, but Failte Ireland might quarantine you stat.

I bet many will turn up in hazmat like green jumpsuits for the laugh. We are like that here aren't we?

But if it impedes on Trade or Tourism, uh oh.

Fatalaties exceed 500 in Iran, US bans all travel to/from there.
    Reckon they're doing something wrong, also N95's aren't as effective with beards.
    Also, going to pray time x6 per day or so (even during this tribulation) won't help.

Source for 500 Iranian deaths?! That seems very high.

Deco99 wrote: »
    They're crippled by sanctions so the health infrastructure might not be great
    Isolation, enhanced basic hygine, and reducing all indoor public gatherings costs zero.

Although perhaps once it gets to the thousands it's too late regardless. Irn is a pretty big country 52 per km2 (Ire is 70), they could just spread out and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Apparently there is an outbreak at a care home in washington state. Maybe that's where the first death has come from? 27 residents and 25 staff have symptoms, 2 confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

tom1ie wrote: »
    Source for 500 Iranian deaths?! That seems very high.
    But not too surprising, giving the lack of disclosure and the minister chap sweatng over everyone on tv.

Came in on a rolling newsfeed https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Hot+Topics/Coronavirus+Outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Really?
    How about an official source and not an anti-government propoganda site.

This kinda crap is conspiracy stuff and you know what was said about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭65535

That reads like that article/website has a vendetta against the regime so may be over estimating the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

woot?

How the hell do they know before anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

weird, are they referring to the NI one? Nothing about it on the link.

I think it ll take a few cases here before things ramp up rightly. If the HSE are draggin there heels like people are saying then it will be a disaster.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement