Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Fillet Rolls ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I was prevent from asking you what I was “handed” on another forum due to a ban, maybe you can elaborate where what this “everything I was handed” comment was all about?

You want to bring up something here that got you banned from another forum? How do you think that's going to work out exactly?

So, chicken fillet rolls...

You want to bring up something here that got you banned from another forum? How do you think that's going to work out exactly?

So, chicken fillet rolls...

Just to say that question was unrelated to the ban. I’m not going to attempt to discuss it any more or anything but just wanted to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

This may we’ll be true but it shouldn’t be too much to ask that the chicken in the fillet be chicken breast and not shaped from a sludge of “reclaimed” meat.

Boucher-Hayes covered how they make the chicken fillet on his “food” show. It was not pretty

Thanks for the heads up, bro. Just watched the program on RTE Player and enjoyed it. I don't eat Deli Counter food as it causes diffuse hair loss in men, gynecomastia, and hormonal imbalances. Plus the animal cruelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

tjdaly wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, bro. Just watched the program on RTE Player and enjoyed it. I don't eat Deli Counter food as it causes diffuse hair loss in men, gynecomastia, and hormonal imbalances. Plus the animal cruelty.

In fairness they have signs up at all delis warning of the above side effects

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

H.20v3 wrote: »
    In fairness they have signs up at all delis warning of the above side effects

It's not as bad if you cover it with 5 salads.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    It's also too short to eat low quality food when higher quality is redaliy available.

You seem to be locked into the notion that quality is always in alignment with taste.

You'd be quicker making a decent roll from chicken breast at home

Cooking them in the slow.cooker is no work at all

You could have a hundred goes and you would never be able to make me something that tastes like a proper deli counter chicken fillet roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

anewme wrote: »
    Only on Boards.

In a thread about chicken fillet rolls, Someone asks (twice) to have the thread closed by mods (they know enough about chicken fillet rolls), while others fight over Council Houses vs. Private houses.

It really is hilarious. I've wasted so much energy having pointless arguments on here and often have regretted it and thought that time could have been better spent, but I think the day you realise you spent a big part of your day having a serious fight with someone about the ingredients they want on a chicken roll should be, as alcoholics say, a moment of clarity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Why did the chicken roll cross the road?

Stateofyou wrote: »

To get to the council estate. And something about swill and slurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

LirW wrote: »
    It's not as bad if you cover it with 5 salads.

...and the roll itself, I mean that goes through the grinder too, :rolleyes:

The whole Chicken roll experience is a textbook lesson in torture and murder, delicious murder....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

To get to the council estate. And something about swill and slurry.

To be fair, “meat slurry” is, one of, the “technical” terms for that, blended up, paste of the lowest grade bits of the animal carcass.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Stateofyou wrote: »

It dropped a filling and Nox sent it back to the deli

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I dont really like them.If i do have one its on a wrap toasted,with bacon,cheese and taco sauce.Lovely.

On a serious note, how does anyone eat these things knowing what goes into them

I couldn't do it

I couldn't do it

I eat them because I love the taste of them.

I eat them because I love the taste of them.

What's your iq

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

To be fair, “meat slurry” is, one of, the “technical” terms for that, blended up, paste of the lowest grade bits of the animal carcass.

Did you know that imitation calamari in the States is made from the lower digestive tract and rectum of pigs? It’s known at chitterlings or ‘bung’ in the food industry.

Sausages in Ireland don’t contain a large amount of (if any) offal. The mechanically recovered meat slurry from pigs tends to go into Subways meats and those salami/pepperoni slices you get on pizzas. That really is the anus, eyelids and ballbag of the pig.

What's your iq

What does iq stand for in relation to taste?

The mechanically recovered meat slurry from pigs tends to go into Subways meats and those salami/pepperoni slices you get on pizzas. That really is the anus, eyelids and ballbag of the pig.

Tastes good though and it's safe to eat so not too bothered.

I eat plenty of good meat and fish from butchers/fishmongers, still plenty of space in my weekly diet for less quality meats that taste good like hot chicken rolls and subway.

• Advertisement

Did you know that imitation calamari in the States is made from the lower digestive tract and rectum of pigs? It’s known at chitterlings or ‘bung’ in the food industry.

Hahaha, have you been listening to the ‘This American Life’ podcast?

Yes, I was aware of that. “Lower digest tract” is a nicer way of putting it, it’s the anal sphincter, the anus itself.

The taste, and texture, “comparison” was independently tested, the chef was convinced it wouldn’t pass due to the smell but when it was served up it was indistinguishable. Each participant though the other was eating the anus.

These “foods” are supposed to be labelled “imitation” when sold on the open market but the real fear is that this is not happening and a large amount of “calamari” consumed in the States is actually pig anus, the bung.

I’m not going to lie, since I’ve discovered this I’ve been very hesitant to order calamari over here.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Yes, I was aware of that. “Lower digest tract” is a nicer way of putting it, it’s the anal sphincter, the anus itself.

The taste, and texture, “comparison” was independently tested, the chef was convinced it wouldn’t pass due to the smell but when it was served up it was indistinguishable. Each participant though the other was eating the anus.

These “foods” are supposed to be labelled “imitation” when sold on the open market but the real fear is that this is not happening and a large amount of “calamari” consumed in the States is actually pig anus, the bung.

I’m not going to lie, since I’ve discovered this I’ve been very hesitant to order calamari over here.

Calamari or salami?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Calamari or salami?

Calamari. “Rings” of squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Cheap seafood should always be viewed with suspicion, Emmet. I’d have no issue with ordering a delicious plate of calamari in one of those fancy seafood restaurants where you run up a bill that would buy you a small second hand car. I’d avoid any sort of calamari at a buffet though, or even as a starter in those pubs that all offer the exact same menu.

Same goes for any sort of cheap sushi with that imitation crab. You probably don’t want to dwell too much on why mussels are suddenly so very very very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

It's funny when people say 'ew how can you eat that without knowing what goes into it'

Lads, most of us eat dead animals every day of the week.

Stop being so precious

I couldn't do it

I've eaten a lot worse.

I was just in Subway and ye're right, it's all Pepsi Max, 7Up Free, Club Orange Zero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

The scrapings of the meat factory floor and a dusting of breadcrumbs emmet at that money and it all from a genetic freak of a bird that never saw daylight,and got antibiotics every day of its life to keep it from dying.just long enough to get it through the dept inspectors on the factory line.
    It’s no wonder people are getting sick

this is where alot of chinese and other takeaways get their chicken too, the left over crap basically

What happens to the scrapings off the chicken nugget factory floor

Do they get dumped

• Advertisement

People, there's plenty of good cuts of meat that go to waste. I have no problem with it going to cheap food.

Advertisement