Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Fillet Rolls ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

tuxy wrote: »
    Probably the same as most people, the ones with the reconstituted chicken breast.

Life's too short to be worrying about eating chicken fillet rolls every odd weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

salonfire wrote: »
    Jesus, I wouldn't want to be sat next to you in work.

Heaving with Guinness from the weekend, topped off with regurgitated chicken, bread, egg, onion, coleslaw at lunchtime.

You're a potential bio-hazard!

What do you expect with a name that's short for noxious

Life's too short to be worrying about eating chicken fillet rolls every odd weekend.

It's also too short to eat low quality food when higher quality is redaliy available.

tuxy wrote: »
    It's also too short to eat low quality food when higher quality is redaliy available.

Fast food is a billion dollar market. Must be doing something right.

Fast food is a billion dollar market. Must be doing something right.

Yes it's true, the fast food industry have some of the most prowerful marketing campaigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Oh I'd also like to add that cuisine de france bread is really bad bread. The baguettes you get in France and Spain are a different level, I've never had bread like that in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Do you comment on any “overweight” customers too? When they order loads of junk but then go for a “diet” drink?

Or maybe someone with a facial “deformity”?

I never did comment on things like that, no. Is that something you would comment upon? Seeing as we’re throwing out daft questions.
    The reason I don’t get the whole rules around two salads is that if you put more you have to put less of each so what’s the difference really. I’d find a sandwich/roll with meat and two salads too bland as would most people (bar picky eaters). Like a breakfast roll is about 6 different items for comparison.

No, some people would want you to pile it up, no reduction in amounts with extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Oh I'd also like to add that cuisine de france bread is really bad bread. The baguettes you get in France and Spain are a different level, I've never had bread like that in Ireland.

It's full of sugar. But if you forgot one and left in in your cupboard overnight, youd have a handy weapon if anyone broke in.

anewme wrote: »
    Funny, it was these the chicken fillets ( imported from Thailand) that turned me vegetarian. Read through this thread for old times sake. Supervalu did best chicken fillet rolls and wraps! The sauces made it though.Dont know if they still do?

I always felt the Subway meat was well below par and even more processed. Square bits of rubber chicken.

Subway is pretty revolting.

It's full of sugar. But if you forgot one and left in in your cupboard overnight, youd have a handy weapon if anyone broke in.

It's odd stuff, and not crispy at all like the continental stuff. We just never had anything else like it here when it came out in the 90s.

• Advertisement

It's odd stuff, and not crispy at all like the continental stuff. We just never had anything else like it here when it came out in the 90s.

Our local Spar does fab crispy rolls, like the Elite Bakery ones in Maynooth. Like old Vienna rolls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

You'd be quicker making a decent roll from chicken breast at home

Cooking them in the slow.cooker is no work at all

Nox could get.all the extra fillings he wants at home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm so embarrassed at you lot arguing on an internet forum about a chicken fillet roll.

Subway is pretty revolting.

I’m not liking the subway hate on this thread. Looking forward to my Friday subway is a close second to looking forward to pints in getting through the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

"You can just make it at home"

Would ya ever feck off!

I’m not liking the subway hate on this thread. Looking forward to my Friday subway is a close second to looking forward to pints in getting through the week.

I'm actually very surprised you put multiple toppings on a sandwich, pickles and jalapenos etc. I'd have thought you're a one slice of ham and loads of butter on Brennan's bread man and anything else is just fancy nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PsychoPete wrote: »
    "You can just make it at home"

Would ya ever feck off!

It's a chicken fillet roll, there's only 2 base ingredients and their both fairly easy to get.....

Aaah, why would you care what people like and don’t like? It doesn’t stop you having Subway.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    It's a chicken fillet roll, there's only 2 base ingredients and their both fairly easy to get.....

But it will taste totally different if you use real chicken fillet.

You can reconstiute chicken breast meat at home but it takes more work than many would be willing to put in.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »

Yeah but why would you want to do it? Packed lunches are for primary school imo. I’m buying lunch since I started secondary school, much fresher, nicer and you can decide at lunch what you feel like not 3 days before when doing the shopping.

Can a mod.plesse close.the thread

I've learnt.everything I need.to know.about chicken rolls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Yeah but why would you want to do it? Packed lunches are for primary school imo. I’m buying lunch since I started secondary school, much fresher, nicer and you can decide at lunch what you feel like not 3 days before when doing the shopping.

Most people don't have the same financial support from Mammy and Daddy that you had and couldn't justify buying lunch every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Dream on. You’re paying a couple of quid, you are not getting anything close to that sort of “meat”.

The scrapings of the meat factory floor and a dusting of breadcrumbs emmet at that money and it all from a genetic freak of a bird that never saw daylight,and got antibiotics every day of its life to keep it from dying.just long enough to get it through the dept inspectors on the factory line.
    It’s no wonder people are getting sick

Yes, you can make a chicken fillet roll at home just like you can a pizza or a chinese curry

but is it the same experience ?

no.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Most people don't have the same financial support from Mammy and Daddy that you had and couldn't justify buying lunch every day.

The vast majority of people I know and work with buy lunch everyday. Even I’m secondary school
    the majority of my friends bought lunch everyday.

I was prevent from asking you what I was “handed” on another forum due to a ban, maybe you can elaborate where what this “everything I was handed” comment was all about? As it’s complete fantasy coming from a council estate boy, who was handed a hell of a lot more.

Only on Boards.

In a thread about chicken fillet rolls, Someone asks (twice) to have the thread closed by mods (they know enough about chicken fillet rolls), while others fight over Council Houses vs. Private houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

The vast majority of people I know and work with buy lunch everyday. Even I’m secondary school
    the majority of my friends bought lunch everyday.

I was prevent from asking you what I was “handed” on another forum due to a ban, maybe you can elaborate where what this “everything I was handed” comment was all about? As it’s complete fantasy coming form a council estate boy, who was handed a hell of a lot more.

Not sure who you think I am, but you are obviously thinking of another poster there given that's not my background.

Only on Boards.

In a thread about chicken fillet rolls, Someone asks (twice) to have the thread closed by mods (they know enough about chicken fillet rolls), while others fight over Council Houses vs. Private houses.

It's a joke about mods closing the thread

No-one ever gets it

• Advertisement

H.20v3 wrote: »
    It's a joke about mods closing the thread

No-one ever gets it

I'm laughing more that someone said...well we want it open......adds to the thread so it does!

Advertisement