Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I walked by 4 soup kitchens in 1.5km the other night in DCC. 4 ffs.

Its a desperate situation. People are not happy. The big 2 need to face up to that.

That would be all them looking for foreva homes and something for nothing...
    The most disgusting thing about FG, IMO, is the attempt to turn sections of working class society against each other.

JamesM wrote: »
    Francie, Bowie and Smurgen are having to work very hard this evening. Finally the rational, normal people of Ireland here on Boards are putting a halt to their gallop of lies and inaccuracies. The surge of the Sinn Fein 'digital rising' has been halted. https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos.

Calling out the bull**** as I see it. I suppose everyone with an issue on FG's performance is in the 'RA :rolleyes: Even the ones previously voted FF/FG or voted SD/PBP...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I walked by 4 soup kitchens in 1.5km the other night in DCC. 4 ffs.

Its a desperate situation. People are not happy. The big 2 need to face up to that.
    Don't worry Lad. The Big Two will sort it for you over the next four years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

You must understand there are many who voted for Sf for reasons unconnected to a united Ireland. Its for that reason SF is going to have to change (maybe not their policies but their structure) and we should all be encouraging this.

That may well be the case but quite regardless of that, all the evidence we hear & see from Sinn Féin is that their No1 policy is a United Ireland, by whatever means will justify that end.

That's grand insofar as it goes and it's a peaceful aspiration but you can be guaranteed that if the voting public of this Republic were to rank that objective in terms of priorities, they'd put it well down the list.

But that's not how SF views things - it's No1 for them, the rest of the stuff is a just a means to facilitate the engineering of this one way or another. We can be sure that when evaluating policies and strategies - their filter is 'does this further the item top of the agenda'? Do we really want that??

So I believe there's a disconnect between what voters here think of SF policies and what SF think. It's cloak & daggers, wolf in sheeps clothing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Bowie wrote: »
    Calling out the bull**** as I see it. I suppose everyone with an issue on FG's performance is in the 'RA :rolleyes: Even the ones previously voted FF/FG or voted SD/PBP...

There is an element of this going on.

Or we don't get up early enough in the morning etc.

FG have an issue with the fact that not everyone who hates them is on the dole. Nor do we care who is on the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That would be all them looking for foreva homes and something for nothing...
    The most disgusting thing about FG, IMO, is the attempt to turn sections of working class society against each other.

The working class are doing very well right now

The ones who graft

• Registered Users Posts: 23,573 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You do realise things can be a lot worse than they are, right?

You do understand that?

Have you seen the quality of some of the shinner TDs elected? You wouldn't have them work security in a corner shop ffs.

Some of them couldn't even make it as councillors.

Be careful what you wish for.

The ones who graft

That's simply not true.
    Every working class person grafts. It's in the description.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Do we really want that??

Personally i can see the argument against a UI. We can't afford it for one. It could be destabilizing for another.

But i have noticed most young people are in Favour of a UI. This might come from the fact they don't realize how much of the UK public purse NI gets and how unionists might react.

I don't think its something most Irish people want to avoid out of fear though. (besides me cuz i think differently)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,173 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yep, just showing how out of touch and stupid the vast majority of the establishment are

SF are in government in the North, they're elected to both Westminster and Dublin., they control city councils.
    They are the bloody establishment ffs. They're just better at playing the victim in public than anyone else.

• Advertisement

You do realise things can be a lot worse than they are, right?

You do understand that?

Have you seen the quality of some of the shinner TDs elected? You wouldn't have them work security in a corner shop ffs.

Ah, the aul' it's worse elsewhere. Nice.

I do not think it's acceptable to allow FF/FG use the country as their financial playground any longer.

The ones who graft

They are not are you joking!??

They can't find anywhere to live. Their commute is further.

Everyone seems to be working two jobs and is studying at the same time. Yet your pay grade is not that much better than minimum wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,573 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ah, the aul' it's worse elsewhere. Nice.

I do not think it's acceptable to allow FF/FG use the country as their financial playground any longer.

You are waste of time. You take nothing in. Just mindless pro SF/IRA propaganda.

I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

An area where I disagree with SF. They should not have gone back in until Foster was held to account IMO.

Hahaha so you think they should have waited longer!

No bother, all the best.

Y

I agree with you. They need more TDs with a higher education and work experience. At the same time .....FG and FF need more people like Ocasio Cortex ..people who aren't meant to run for office etc. Its a rich man club.

Personally i can see the argument against a UI. We can't afford it for one. It could be destabilizing for another.

But i have noticed most young people are in Favour of a UI. This might come from the fact they don't realize how much of the UK public purse NI gets and how unionists might react.

I don't think its something most Irish people want to avoid out of fear though. (besides me cuz i think differently)

We'd all like a UI or the very most of us at least, achieved by broad consensus. But it's not a top priority. You must listen to SF rhetoric, no matter how much they talk about health & housing etc etc., they always slip in the bit about border polls these days and related matters. It's never far from the mind. They try to disguise it as much as possible at election time so as to avoid frightening the horses but it is their whole raison d'etre at the end of the day.

Do you really want people in government with that mindset making decisions about the economy and health and education and housing & Brexit of this state?? Framing every decision through that lens? That's what we should be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Damien360

I agree with you. They need more TDs with a higher education and work experience. At the same time .....FG and FF need more people like Ocasio Cortex ..people who aren't meant to run for office etc. Its a rich man club.

I’m no SF fan but we have had generations of teachers and solicitors as TD’s that have proved utterly useless. They don’t have the life skills to run a department. They can talk the talk but can’t walk the walk. The shinners seem to have activists rather than workers. People with time on their hands rather than workers.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    We'd all like a UI or the very most of us at least, achieved by broad consensus. But it's not a top priority. You must listen to SF rhetoric, no matter how much they talk about health & housing etc etc., they always slip in the bit about border polls these days and related matters. It's never far from the mind. They try to disguise it as much as possible at election time so as to avoid frightening the horses but it is their whole raison d'etre at the end of the day.

Do you really want people in government with that mindset making decisions about the economy and health and education and housing & Brexit of this state?? Framing every decision through that lens? That's what we should be concerned about.

I don't vote SF personally nor do i see myself doing so in the future I would prefer the greens etc. But i wouldn't be very concerned about it no. I am just being honest.

I don't see the logic in a UI. But at the same time its not concerning to me.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I’m no SF fan but we have had generations of teachers and solicitors as TD’s that have proved utterly useless. They don’t have the life skills to run a department. They can talk the talk but can’t walk the walk. The shinners seem to have activists rather than workers. People with time on their hands rather than workers.

I have noticed this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That's simply not true.
    Every working class person grafts. It's in the description.

No some work nine to five

Some do a bit more

• Advertisement

I don't vote SF personally nor do i see myself doing so in the future I would prefer the greens etc. But i wouldn't be very concerned about it no. I am just being honest.

I don't see the logic in a UI. But at the same time its not concerning to me.

I think many of SFs policies are fine, some are a bit off the wall but on the whole they're a centre left kinda party. I'd vote for them myself, if I didn't see through them.

We saw what happened when the unionists got a hold over the Theresa May and the Brits and how that potentially affected us in this state. It'd be madness to let the Shinners into government down here at the moment. They would have and wield the same sort of power, except their filter for making decisions about a matter like Brexit trade deals would be viewed through what would further a UI. What they could do to poke the unionists while they were at it. We don't need to import that kind of explosive nasty politics into our affairs, damaging our economy and potentially destabilising society.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,572 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

First question for the rotating (spinning?) Taoiseach of the inevitable coalition (now that they can no longer simply swap power) should be, 'why is SF still in government in the North if what the they say is true?'

The GFA has been broken if it is true and the Irish government is a guarantor of that Agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Without boring myself going through another Sinn Fein bashing thread, let me see if I can get this bit correct?

Ex member of the RUC (an armed force who were found to have colluded and conspired in the murder of members of the nationalist community both north and south of the island) who is now the commissioner was asked for his opinion on a now five year old report?

Five years ago, I doubt Drew Harris envisaged the reality of him possibly facing being the commissioner under a Sinn Fein govt.

Did I mention he was once a member of the RUC a British State police force who were found to have been involved in collusion of the murders of members of the nationalist community in Ireland, including Sinn Fein members and activists?

Drew wouldn't be getting a squeaky arse would be?

Actually, has me convinced. /Sarcasm.

Get a grip folks. FFS. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,832 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

First question for the rotating (spinning?) Taoiseach of the inevitable coalition (now that they can no longer simply swap power) should be, 'why is SF still in government in the North if what the they say is true?'

The GFA has been broken if it is true and the Irish government is a guarantor of that Agreement.

Answer. It is true, but realpolitik dictates that there has to be a national government in the North. Even if it takes years to get it agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I wonder how many people posting pro-Sinn Fein here have any real experience of what life was like during the IRA's campaigns?

I was a student in Manchester in 1996 when the IRA bombed the Arndale centre. Myself and pal used to go to an Irish pub called Paddy's Rat and Carrot on a Saturday for a few pints - exactly across the road from the M&S where a 1 tonne truck bomb was planted. I never saw anything like the devastation it caused. Windows blown out from building half km away from detonation point.It was like the whole city centre was destroyed.

The worst part was afterwards when gangs of men were marching around the city centre chanting "F**k the IRA" and "wheres the IRA". As young Irish lads, we were terrified to open our mouths...we even go chased out of a coffee shop in Ashton-under-Lyne for being Irish after that.

The IRA were/are murdering, drug dealing, bank robbing, child raping, terrorists. Sinn Fein is run by this crowd, so completely unsuitable to be any part of any Government, until such time as the IRA is disbanded and SF condemn them.

No some work nine to five

Some do a bit more

So if you work over time you might be doing okay..except for the whole housing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

FG and FF need more people like Ocasio Cortex ..people who aren't meant to run for office etc. Its a rich man club.

I agree - that's some lady - I am not really into politics and had not heard of her.
    I also agree that FG needs more young members.
    I do not agree that it is a rich man club.
    Because of a family connection, I have seen the kind of people who go out canvasing for our local FG TD, who did retain his seat and certainly is not rich. They are very ordinary people - maybe a bit on the old side, but certainly not rich. They do have a sense of values. They know SF and have seen the murders, bank raids, intimidation , etc . over the last 40-50 years and they are horrified that such a large number of people could vote for SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,997 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Funnily enough its not though. Those who hate SF and those who voted for their policies probably both have their positions out of empathy.

I am not sure it’s empathetic feeling that brought people to vote SF, they’d just had enough of the decades old FF / FG roundabout and saw no way off it, both of these parties too are going through a real dearth of political talent and this saw many of the SF at least frontline change... instead of terrorists it’s being fronted by eloquent, educated younger people, less baggage, less rhetoric, it’s like though the same puppeteers but just different puppets, the spine and fabric of their modus operandi hasn’t changed or moved an inch... those in the shadows still calling the shots, the PR is much better... they are not to be trusted, about as democratic as Russia in 1917.

You are waste of time. You take nothing in. Just mindless pro SF/IRA propaganda.

I'm out.

That's not true. But gwan sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,572 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Answer. It is true, but realpolitik dictates that there has to be a national government in the North. Even if it takes years to get it agreed.

So you are saying FG and FF while in government turned a blind eye to these reports and as a consequence broke the GFA themselves?

And you would trust a government who would do that?

You are also saying the UUP and DUP are in on this realpolitik swindle? :)Yeh, you are right...it does sound ridiculous doesn't it.

Advertisement