Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 greencoat

PERFECT TIMING
    how come this never came out last week?before the election,realy does show how high corruption does run in this good ole country off ours,drew harris pointing the finger at sinn fein,well i never,this stinks.anyway an old article i was just reading
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/ira-army-council-no-longer-operational-say-imc-376165.html?fbclid=IwAR0ewy51ZnevX3hD00dPQODa35CDGHslgK5mLhN1knERe-IB2vwS2u0-F9U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Bowie wrote: »
    John Simpson of the BBC reckoned the Brexit was why FG did poorly. Seemingly Brexit has us all hyped up.

FG did poorly because they've been in power for 9 years, not many governments remain popular for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,072 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don't think he has been, but who the fcuk gives a toss what the Telegraph has to say!!

Can you address you're trite statement?

Depicting 'most' of the SF support as '**** the brits, up the ra' types is trite.

Their vote came from a wide base across the 18 -64 yr old demographic.

But the truth seems a little hard to take for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's a great example actually. They've used her murder a few times in articles relating to the 2020 election and SF. Disrespectful and inferring a connection.

Did you not see the ranting lunatics outside Derry court house , the ira have not gone away nor will they ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Gatling wrote: »
    What would happen if sf got kicked out of stormount ,parts of the north would burn , followed by the balaclava brigade making public threats .

They power is based on fear

Gatling can you please come back and answer my questions.when will we expect to see arrests of Sinn Fein members?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Not helpful to whom?

Not helpful to people who think that absolute sh*tstains like Sinn Féin should be thrown in the dustbin of Irish political history.

The public don't care about morals when it hits them in the pocket. The way to defeat Sinn Féin is not to show that at heart they are immoral, because not enough people care about that. The way is to show that their economic policies are nonsense.

If Gemma O'Doherty promised everyone a house her stock would go up 500%.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

jcullen222 wrote: »
    When was the last time the Provos killed someone?

Murder isn’t the only facet of their criminality to be focusing on. But instances of violence, attempted murder....

A bomb in Creggan, mortar in strabane, attempted murder of police in Wattlebridge, Lyra McKee murder, a bomb under a Police Officers car I can’t recall where.. a golf club I think, new IRA letterbombs, Limerick, London, Glasgow... Raymond Johnston shot dead in front of his child at home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

SF will lose a lot of seats in a new election. There have been a fair few reminders for the people of what they did NOT vote for.

It all started with the fool in the pub down in Waterford.

They can't help themselves.

I think it could go the other way.
    You've floaters calling the shots here.
    They may well tire and go back to the 'stability' of the devil they know or they might look at how they've been attacked by the media and FF/FG and read the stories about SF and how they too have been attacked and stick.
    For me FG have shown themselves to be petulant brats. I'd no regard for Varadkar anyway. I think bringing in a FF/FG coalition government will decimate FF/FG next election.

Depicting 'most' of the SF support as '**** the brits, up the ra' types is trite.

Their vote came from a wide base across the 18 -64 yr old demographic.

But the truth seems a little hard to take for some.

I love when people tell lies on boards :-)

I never said "most", SF got over 500k votes, I never claimed to know "most" of them. What I actually said was:

"a lot of the ones I know who supported them are your bog standard, 'fcuk the brits, up da ra' sort."

Care to acknowledge your error and retract your statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Hit job on SF continues. They will still return a majority if it goes to reelection.

Articles like this are not helpful.

What does this even mean?!? Official information is not helpful? How?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I never said "most", SF got over 500k votes, I never claimed to know "most" of them. What I actually said was:

"a lot of the ones I know who supported them are your bog standard, 'fcuk the brits, up da ra' sort."

They are. You are 100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Strumms wrote: »
    Murder isn’t the only facet of their criminality to be focusing on. But instances of violence, attempted murder....

A bomb in Creggan, mortar in strabane, attempted murder of police in Wattlebridge, Lyra McKee murder, a bomb under a Police Officers car I can’t recall where.. a golf club I think, new IRA letterbombs, Limerick, London, Glasgow... Raymond Johnston shot dead in front of his child at home...

People who believe that Mary Lou will make their paycheck bigger wouldn't care if a Sinn Fein spokesperson was spotted shooting someone in the face. This is a bit like telling people who take traditional Chinese medicine that tigers are endangered - they clearly don't care. They might care if you show them that traditional Chinese medicine is likely to make them less well however.

FG did poorly because they've been in power for 9 years, not many governments remain popular for that long.

How did they do the last election? You know the one were they needed FF? 'We voted for chaos' that time, now we're all pig ignorant :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

tell us something 75% of us didn t know already its embarrassing probably the highest no. of politicians elected from a party in the modern world with ex-cons excluding south America.
    **** THE IRA

Never said them 'all', don't know them all in fairness.

TBF, you worded it like so...
    I wasn't actually aware of it but good enough for them.

Anyway look a lot of Sinn Fein's new found support comes from people claiming they want a 'left wing' alternative. However you'd go a long way to convince me of that, a lot of the ones I know who supported them are your bog standard, 'fcuk the brits, up da ra' sort.

You can't blame folk for reading it like that. Sounds like you don't believe it. Then you go on to say the ones you know are 'our bog standard, 'fcuk the brits, up da ra' sort.'.

How did they do the last election? You know the one were they needed FF? 'We voted for chaos' that time, now we're all pig ignorant :rolleyes:

Do you mean how did FG do in 2016?

They won something like 50 seats which returned them as the largest party. Also I'd say 50 is roughly FGs average throughout their history but I could be wrong about that.

I'm not really sure what your point is here to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,072 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sure, do the usual thing now and wash your hands of the preamble to what you said when you doubted the motives of SF voters. Despicable.
    Anyway look a lot of Sinn Fein's new found support comes from people claiming they want a 'left wing' alternative. However you'd go a long way to convince me of that, a lot of the ones I know who supported them are your bog standard, 'fcuk the brits, up da ra' sort.

tell us something 75% of us didn t know already its embarrassing probably the highest no. of politicians elected from a party with ex-cons excluding south America.

I'd say it's closer to 100%. Yet still more appealing than FG. Maybe FG should look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

You seem to have a chip on the shoulder there
    Relax
    In the long run we are all dead

To answer your question,they lost the protest vote last election and of course borrowed die hard FF votes returned home,gaining them 20 plus seats

This time out,FG mainly lost out to the greens, Verona Murphy and one or two others

It's all very analyisable

Governments usually dont hold onto protest votes,which is why Sinn Féin would be better off out of office
    They're not going to be unique in that respect

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'd say it's closer to 100%. Yet still more appealing than FG. Maybe FG should look into that.

Much easier to blame and denigrate the public than look inwards...

• Advertisement

TBF, you worded it like so...

You can't blame folk for reading it like that. Sounds like you don't believe it. Then you go on to say the ones you know are 'our bog standard, 'fcuk the brits, up da ra' sort.'.

Again I said a lot of the ones I know, not 'most' or 'all'.

This seems to be conveniently ignored of course.

Sure, do the usual thing now and wash your hands of the preamble to what you said when you doubted the motives of SF voters. Despicable.

Apology accepted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Mary Lou and Pearse were simply not prepared in any way for this level of scrutiny and comment. The initial short lived euphoria over the totally unexpected landslide of seats is quickly turning into a bit of an ordeal. Some very dark characters were elected when they never expected to have to be on the tv defending the loons they put forward as candidates. The next few weeks will be interesting.

To be fair, anyone not saying fuçk the Brits after the last four years, given their establishment's blatant and callous disregard shown for this island, should probably be considered a bootlicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Listing to Mary L desperately trying to deflect it all away by constantly bullying and harassing FF and FG with arrogant statements all the while playing the victim sums up SF and the Ra.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Your buddies the British army murdered plenty of innocent civilians too but it doesn’t seem to bother you too much ....

I condemn the murder of all innocent civilians.. On all sides.

This thread isn't about atrocities carried out by the British army.

Why do you presume I support their actions just because I condemn ira murders?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

I don’t think anyone is surprised to hear this.

lawred2 wrote: »
    To be fair, anyone not saying fuçk the Brits after the last four years, given their establishment's blatant and callous disregard shown for this island, should probably be considered a bootlicker.

In fact, just in the last couple of weeks, the only one of the whole body lot of them to do any good on this island for years was unceremoniously and cruelly dumped.

They'd sicken your shït

• Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think I made the wise decision years ago.
    I just don’t trust any politician or political party.
    All there for themselves alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This thread is yet another wonderful insight into the thought processes of SF supporters. They see the problem here as ‘the establishment’, the media, and the fact that Harris is ‘one of them ones’, and not that SF has links to shadowy figures in West Belfast who style themselves as the leadership of a criminal organisation.

It’s a very different moral compass.

Advertisement