Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Same in town today, barely anyone in there, strolled in for a coffee.

Was a good few around the quay when I was there. Fairly busy

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Heard tramore was busy enough yesterday, gardai didn't seem to be overly concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 45 feckwunker

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Heard tramore was busy enough yesterday, gardai didn't seem to be overly concerned

Why would they be sure? Isn't getting out and about good for your mental health, just like you said/did?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

feckwunker wrote: »
    Why would they be sure? Isn't getting out and about good for your mental health, just like you said/did?

tis indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Thats because they were all down sitting on the wall by the river drinking their coffees and takeaway pints. The place was packed when I passed by there in the car at 4:30pm. In fairness, they were all trying their best to keep their distance from others. Again, I lay the blame on this poxy 5km rule as many are trying their best to adhere to it and that then means that places like this walkway, the greenway and the peoples park are packed all the time when the weather is fine.

Sure it is the same with shops. You have everybody going to the likes of Woodies and The Range whereas if everywhere was open people would be more spread out. And the laughable thing is retail and outdoor activities are known not to be causing COVID-19 to spread in any significant way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

BBM77 wrote: »
    Sure it is the same with shops. You have everybody going to the likes of Woodies and The Range whereas if everywhere was open people would be more spread out. And the laughable thing is retail and outdoor activities are known not to be causing COVID-19 to spread in any significant way.

Just got back from shopping in Dungarvan and exactly the same point occurred to me. The town was really busy but the car parks (the free one I use at least :D) were empty, which indicates to me how many parking spaces are taken up by shop workers.

The places that were open like Dunnes seemed to have at least as many if not more people in them than a normal day - on the other hand after St Patricks day its hard to make to many comparisons.

So more people are going out (including more at home not at work) and they have fewer places to go so there are bound to be some places with a lot more people than desirable.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Thats because they were all down sitting on the wall by the river drinking their coffees and takeaway pints. The place was packed when I passed by there in the car at 4:30pm. In fairness, they were all trying their best to keep their distance from others. Again, I lay the blame on this poxy 5km rule as many are trying their best to adhere to it and that then means that places like this walkway, the greenway and the peoples park are packed all the time when the weather is fine.

Absolutely agree. Every afternoon, Quays, Greenway and People's Park are thronged. I have walked them all many times during lockdown. 5km too arbitrary.
    Have overheard people on the Quays asking why no coffee shops on Quay side!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

BBM77 wrote: »

And the same thing will happen too if the gastro pubs/restaurants reopen before the "wet pubs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

23 cases

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

23 cases

Thats high again unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide15.jpg

Latest looks like some problems

02-03-to-15-03.jpg

Anyone hear of a reported case in the mercy primary school today?

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there ever checkpoints on the bypass bridge?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is there ever checkpoints on the bypass bridge?

No, just on the road outside WIT Arena, oh and the checkpoint on the rice bridge last Saturday was the first one since lockdown 1

No, just on the road outside WIT Arena, oh and the checkpoint on the rice bridge last Saturday was the first one since lockdown 1

Have they been on rice bridge again since last Saturday? Planning to go to new Ross tomorrow

Gael23 wrote: »
    Have they been on rice bridge again since last Saturday? Planning to go to new Ross tomorrow

Nope, and I’ve been up and down to New Ross twice a day all this week and haven’t seen a single checkpoint.

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide15.jpg

Tonight's HSE Operations report is out with
    18 is hospital +1
    1 case in last 24 hours
    3 in icu no change

Nope, and I’ve been up and down to New Ross twice a day all this week and haven’t seen a single checkpoint.

Went up yesterday, no issues there or back to Waterford

32 cases. Cluster in Hasbro

• Advertisement

32 cases. Cluster in Hasbro

Is it OK to say "what them AGAIN" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

It hasn’t been called Hasbro for years. It’s Cartamundi. Surely everyone there has had it three or four times by now?

Tells you something about the working conditions that they have multiple outbreaks.

Tells you something about the working conditions that they have multiple outbreaks.

Thought the excuse was car sharing because of the bad weather the first time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

Deise Vu wrote: »
    It hasn’t been called Hasbro for years. It’s Cartamundi. Surely everyone there has had it three or four times by now?

I remember it as Milton Bradley. Summer job in 1993. Well paid too.
    Meanwhile on planet earth in covidville those pesky numbers are begining to look like the bingo balls. Level 5 till the June Bank holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I remember it as Milton Bradley. Summer job in 1993. Well paid too.
    Meanwhile on planet earth in covidville those pesky numbers are begining to look like the bingo balls. Level 5 till the June Bank holiday?

Which June though?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭aziz

Remember around this time last year,if there were a outbreak anywhere,there would be guys going into premises dressed in hazmat suits and said premises would be closed for weeks to allow a full deep clean
    Obviously we aren’t taking it seriously anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

i
    aziz wrote: »
    Remember around this time last year,if there were a outbreak anywhere,there would be guys going into premises dressed in hazmat suits and said premises would be closed for weeks to allow a full deep clean
    Obviously we aren’t taking it seriously anymore

You have a vivid imagination.....can you produce proof of the ‘hazmat suits’ closed for weeks etc...?

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    i

You have a vivid imagination.....can you produce proof of the ‘hazmat suits’ closed for weeks etc...?

Dunno how common it was, but i definitely saw Ambulance crews wearing them for covid related calls back in April and May last year. I guess the reason why they dont need them now is thankfully they have all received their vaccines

• Advertisement

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide15.jpg

Advertisement