Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg
    16-02-to-01-03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Is there an outbreak somewhere, the test centre seems a bit busy the last 2 days?

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dungarvan and Waterford City South both persistently high.

The increase in hospital numbers is not good. hopefully just a blip

• Advertisement

Donegal,cavan,monahgan are only reaching zero cases a day,now

We are,where they were last october/november coming off a massive outbreak......but our neighbouring counties arent being vaccinated flat out

De La Salle college just got listed with 1 case on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I'm hearing of another secondary school in the city with a confirmed case!

Del La Salle with 2 confirmed and 20 others close contacts (a whole class of sixth formers presumably)

19 new cases

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

References to Italy appear frequently in the above report!

Shouldn't Italy be added to the quatantine list and restrictions placed on those coming into the country from there?

Look at the dates please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Del La Salle with 2 confirmed and 20 others close contacts (a whole class of sixth formers presumably)

19 new cases

Is that 20 close contacts just the pupils in the class or does it count the siblings and parents of the students as well, like it should?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Hijpo wrote: »
    Is that 20 close contacts just the pupils in the class or does it count the siblings and parents of the students as well, like it should?

That's not how close contacts work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Hijpo

JPA wrote: »
    That's not how close contacts work.

Well, given the fact that you obviously know how close contacts don't work, I would assume you know how it does work and would give your understanding of it rather than just a straight contradiction?
    It's rude.

My understanding is being within 2 meters of someone for 15 minutes. Being from the same household. Sitting two seats from someone. Spending more than 2 hours in a room with someone with covid, depending on the size of the room.

So X amount of pupils in the class, friends outside of school and the parents and siblings of the 2 tudents?

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg
    Slide14.jpg

7 new cases, average 10 over the rolling 5 days.

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg
    Slide14.jpg

23-02-to-08-03.jpg

Just seen a tweet says a school sent a class of 25 home today. De la Salle presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

Just seen a tweet says a school sent a class of 25 home today. De la Salle presumably.

The parents just wanted the kids sent back to their free childminding aka school and we will feel the results of this when it brings the efforts to stamp out the virus to a standstill. I feel sorry for the teachers.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

91wx763 wrote: »
    The parents just wanted the kids sent back to their free childminding aka school and we will feel the results of this when it brings the efforts to stamp out the virus to a standstill. I feel sorry for the teachers.

In this case, 6th year students hardly require childminding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A load of guards around John Roberts Square

Wonder is it a practice run for paddys day to stop the crowds drinking pints from T&Hs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote: »

Wonder is it a practice run for paddys day to stop the crowds drinking pints from T&Hs

possibly, but id say its more to do with the fact, lockdown is over for many

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    possibly, but id say its more to do with the fact, lockdown is over for many

There was chatter that there was an anti lockdown protest planned for 5pm this evening, the helicopter is also about.

Twitter is quiet. Maybe it's now too chilly in the breeze :)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Actually the protest is tomorrow at about 3pm

( not really, just wanted all the Gardai somewhere else so I can have a clear run out to tramore tomorrow ��)

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg
    Slide14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

Aquos76 wrote: »
    There was chatter that there was an anti lockdown protest planned for 5pm this evening, the helicopter is also about.

Traffic was backed up on both lanes of the ferrybank dc about 12ish. Took 40mins+ to get onto the quay. From Jury's! Gardai were quizzing everyone in detail. Was asked where I was coming from going to. They were expecting outsiders to protest. And all I went over the bridge for was a takeaway coffee to break the monotony of a lockdown weekend. And there was no one in town BTW. Life is difficult. 10 weeks in and probably another couple of months before we see any relaxation. Grim doesn't sum it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Big checkpoint in New location at Glenmore today today - Waterford bound. Every reg is being checked.
    The far right protest organisers are now officially public enemy number one.

Traffic was backed up on both lanes of the ferrybank dc about 12ish. Took 40mins+ to get onto the quay. From Jury's! Gardai were quizzing everyone in detail. Was asked where I was coming from going to. They were expecting outsiders to protest. And all I went over the bridge for was a takeaway coffee to break the monotony of a lockdown weekend. And there was no one in town BTW. Life is difficult. 10 weeks in and probably another couple of months before we see any relaxation. Grim doesn't sum it up.

I got caught in the same traffic jam, I abandoned it after 25 mins, and headed over the toll instead, I was only going to my mams house on the cork road. It was mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

PTH2009 wrote: »

The mounted unit were setting up in DLS college also, so must have been expecting something

Advertisement