Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Was talking to a taxi driver last night and he was saying its getting to the stage where threres no point in him working anymore as no one is going outside.

He said we need to move to city lockdowns and remove the necessity for full country lockdowns as its causing alot of industries to collapse.

I can see his point TBF, but at the same time, you cant trust the populatiomn to either stay in their local division or not party etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I know Waterford seems to just do its own thing at times but i was under the impression that takeaway pints are banned under Level 5 and that non essential retail is also not allowed. So can someone explain to me how T&Hs are selling pints and Dunnes clothes store is still.open?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There's no law against takeaway pints. There was an article in the Indo about it yesterday. It's not clear why there's no law, they might have just forgotten to do it.

Dunnes are either just chancing their arm or they may have also found that no law has been properly enacted to stop them.

So can someone explain to me how T&Hs are selling pints and Dunnes clothes store is still.open?

I was chatting to someone about this at the weekend. Apparently take away pints are allowed but not to be consumed within X radius of the city i.e., they have to be consumed at home (but this doesn’t happen in probably most cases)

In relation to the clothes in Dunnes, I believe only necessities are allowed i.e., baby clothes, unmentionables etc. But yesterday I bought candles in there as the section was not blocked off. So, I think some Big-Retail chains are flouting the rules also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I know Waterford seems to just do its own thing at times but i was under the impression that takeaway pints are banned under Level 5 and that non essential retail is also not allowed. So can someone explain to me how T&Hs are selling pints and Dunnes clothes store is still.open?

ffs, this is ireland, pints are not just essential, but a critical need!

There's no law against takeaway pints. There was an article in the Indo about it yesterday. It's not clear why there's no law, they might have just forgotten to do it.

Dunnes are either just chancing their arm or they may have also found that no law has been properly enacted to stop them.

I was sure i heard in Micheal Martins speech that he almost derided the whole takeaway pints thing, suggesting there are much more important things to worry about. But if its only illegal to consume near where you buy, no wonder its doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I was sure i heard in Micheal Martins speech that he almost derided the whole takeaway pints thing, suggesting there are much more important things to worry about. But if its only illegal to consume near where you buy, no wonder its doing well.

He mentioned it and never followed it up. Surprise!

Apparently under existing licensing laws it's illegal to consume takeaway alcohol within 100m of the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

No HSE report for last night but 4 new cases is one to watch in the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

16 new cases.

• Advertisement

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg
    Slide14.jpg

547046.PNG

In hindsight, based on how well we were doin, lifting the lockdown 2 weeks before Xmas really fecked us up.

In hindsight, based on how well we were doin, lifting the lockdown 2 weeks before Xmas really fecked us up.

Ah i think everyone realises now that it was a huge mistake, the government were panicking over the economy, when they really should have been more concerned about the virus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Concern in the hospital over the weekend with the jump in admissions.

faceman wrote: »
    Concern in the hospital over the weekend with the jump in admissions.

HSE Operations reports for the sat and sunday are out

25 on saturday 3 new cases
    26 on sunday 1 new case

icu is down to 4 now

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah i think everyone realises now that it was a huge mistake, the government were panicking over the economy, when they really should have been more concerned about the virus

Everything opening up for christmas is why I caught Covid and I nearly died from it. The government really let the ball drop with how they handled christmas :(

Everything opening up for christmas is why I caught Covid and I nearly died from it. The government really let the ball drop with how they handled christmas :(

how are you after the fact, any major after effects?

Crikey. Hope you're on your way back to full health.

8 new cases.

how are you after the fact, any major after effects?

I had double pneumonia and blood clots when I went into the hospital. I spent a few days in ICU on high powered oxygen, luckily I recovered to the meds fairly well and I was able to move to the Covid ward after a few days. The doctors said I was touch and go when I first came into the hospital.

I got my 6 week checkup with the consultant last week. Apparently I have no scarring and my lungs are fine (Lukcily). Physically I think I am fine, there doesn't seem to be any lasting after effects for me. Tiniest big of brain fog, hardly noticable.

I do have PTSD though and after facing my mortality I am very very anxious all the time since I left the hospital. That would be my only real impact from Long Covid (not sure if that is even a symptom?).

Upon leaving the hospital I could barely walk, it took me about 10 days to be able to walk from the sitting room to the kitchen. I've been crazy with my rehab though and pushing myself every day. its been nearly two months now since I went into hospital and I have managed to do a 10km walk (albeit very slowly).

I hope the psychological effects are being addressed by the health system, doesn't sound like something that should be left to "fix itself"

• Advertisement

I hope the psychological effects are being addressed by the health system, doesn't sound like something that should be left to "fix itself"

Not a hope :pac:

I do have health insurance though so I should be able to get some help from that.

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide13.jpg
    Slide14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

So how do you think you contracted it....? Did the government go off and tell everyone to ‘party’ over Christmas...?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Explain how did you contract covid that you link it back to the government opening up the country. I actually agree with you as I didn’t agree with lifting the restrictions but interested to see how it effected someone first hand who was sticking to restrictions etc and how they were impacted due to decisions.

alibab wrote: »
    Explain how did you contract covid that you link it back to the government opening up the country. I actually agree with you as I didn’t agree with lifting the restrictions but interested to see how it effected someone first hand who was sticking to restrictions etc and how they were impacted due to decisions.

I dont want to go into full detail on here. Basically my wife is a frontline worker and caught it off someone who wasn't being resopnsible. Its not a coincidence that the hospital got full to capacity about 2-3 weeks after Xmas.

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    So how do you think you contracted it....? Did the government go off and tell everyone to ‘party’ over Christmas...?

The bitterness in that little smarta*se remark is unreal. Cop on to yourself and open your eyes and mind a bit. People have contracted and indeed died from this disease through absolutely no fault of their own. They can be following all the guidelines and still get striken down. Its an extremely contagious virus that can travel from person to person and stick to a variety of surfaces.

Maybe engage your brain before you make a post like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

I dont want to go into full detail on here. Basically my wife is a frontline worker and caught it off someone who wasn't being resopnsible. Its not a coincidence that the hospital got full to capacity about 2-3 weeks after Xmas.
    I appreciate that completely and absolutely it impacted everywhere but most especially in healthcare for those working and there families who were unfortunate victims, I do think in particular to healthcare workers especially people like your wife who did adhere to regulations it’s been so hard , unfortunately it just takes that one person
    and unfortunately in certain environments it spreads so easily . I wish you a speedy recovery.

alibab wrote: »
    I appreciate that completely and absolutely it impacted everywhere but most especially in healthcare for those working and there families who were unfortunate victims, I do think in particular to healthcare workers especially people like your wife who did adhere to regulations it’s been so hard , unfortunately it just takes that one person
    and unfortunately in certain environments it spreads so easily . I wish you a speedy recovery.

Asdfgh2020 wrote:

It was fairly obvious that people were going to mix over Christmas, but I don't think anyone could have foreseen how bad it was going to get. The government panicked over the economy, they shouldn't have removed as many restrictions, it was obvious that there was going to be a significant rise, and there was.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

It was fairly obvious that people were going to mix over Christmas, but I don't think anyone could have foreseen how bad it was going to get. The government panicked over the economy, they shouldn't have removed as many restrictions, it was obvious that there was going to be a significant rise, and there was.....

I strongly suspect if that restrictions had been stronger over Christmas you would have been one of the first on here to complain about it.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement