Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

HSE operations report for last night was uploaded

86 +4
    icu 6 +1

2 icu beda available
    0 icu beds available in cuh

Todays HSE Report

91 +5
    ICU 6 No change
    2 icu beds available in both waterford and cuh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

9 new cases.

the briefing numbers now matching confirmed numbers.

Dont know how accurate but seems 125 in hospital now

https://www.irishecho.com/2021/01/waterford-now-a-covid-hotspot/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good to see the numbers going down but feel its not about the numbers anymore and we will see a very very slow easing of restrictions

Hope everyone is feeling ok, i'm so annoyed at this stage and finding this lockdown very tough

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    Good to see the numbers going down but feel its not about the numbers anymore and we will see a very very slow easing of restrictions

Government has no choice, system is still buckling, I'm becoming aware of people dealing with serious illnesses post covid, not good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

spookwoman wrote: »
    the briefing numbers now matching confirmed numbers.

Dont know how accurate but seems 125 in hospital now

https://www.irishecho.com/2021/01/waterford-now-a-covid-hotspot/

That article has a date of Jan 28th on it, I think we had that number then ok.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That article has a date of Jan 28th on it, I think we had that number then ok.

Thanks didn't spot that was retweeted onto my timeline today.

Good news is it's 72 today

5 in icu -1

2 icu beds available and 1 in cuh

I hope we are turning a corner and its not temporary

spookwoman wrote: »
    Thanks didn't spot that was retweeted onto my timeline today.

Good news is it's 72 today

5 in icu -1

2 icu beds available and 1 in cuh

I hope we are turning a corner and its not temporary

how many of those people being discharged are going home??

The headline for tomorrows news and star,make for bleak reading......53 covid deaths in 3 weeks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭BTownB

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Government has no choice, system is still buckling, I'm becoming aware of people dealing with serious illnesses post covid, not good

What system is buckling - numbers in hospitals and ICU are coming down?

BTownB wrote: »
    What system is buckling - numbers in hospitals and ICU are coming down?

oh ffs, numbers alone dont explain the full pressures being experienced within the system, ask any health care system worker whats happening at the moment, when they go to work, staff are starting to burn out

• Advertisement

oh ffs, numbers alone dont explain the full pressures being experienced within the system, ask any health care system worker whats happening at the moment, when they go to work, staff are starting to burn out

Pressure is easing now and in another two weeks we will be in a much better position.

Pressure is easing now and in another two weeks we will be in a much better position.

yes, the numbers are reflecting easing pressure, but that doesnt mean the staff are all of a sudden gonna be grand, many workers are actually still out on leave, even since the first wave

yes, the numbers are reflecting easing pressure, but that doesnt mean the staff are all of a sudden gonna be grand, many workers are actually still out on leave, even since the first wave

My point is if the system was going to buckle, it would have done so.

Things are improving now and to quote Ronan Glynn from yesterday: 'Ireland has passed the worst of the Covid-19 pandemic".

Things are improving now and to quote Ronan Glynn from yesterday: 'Ireland has passed the worst of the Covid-19 pandemic".

our health system is effectively always buckling, staff are repeatedly overly stressed, this was even the case pre covid, i cant imagine what its like now for them. we have no real clue of what this virus is gonna do next, how mutations are gonna play out etc, we ve a while to go with this one yet, we need an astonishing amounts of investment immediately into the system, particularly in relation to our mental health services

our health system is effectively always buckling, staff are repeatedly overly stressed, this was even the case pre covid, i cant imagine what its like now for them. we have no real clue of what this virus is gonna do next, how mutations are gonna play out etc, we ve a while to go with this one yet, we need an astonishing amounts of investment immediately into the system, particularly in relation to our mental health services

I agree regarding mental health - the cost of the longest lockdown in Europe will be colossal.

But the signs are now positive in Ireland and globally, and it's great NPHET are recognising them.

how many of those people being discharged are going home??

The headline for tomorrows news and star,make for bleak reading......53 covid deaths in 3 weeks,

icu deaths over all about 4-6 a day at the moment. I think a lot of the older people are not even making it to hospital and are dying in nursing homes.
    53 in 3 weeks is shocking then you look at the overall number of deaths confirmed for waterford in the last cso report is 59.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

If we have learned anything about the past year it's to expect the unexpected! Don't think it's the time for quotes like that just yet. Things can change very quickly in this pandemic. For a bit of balance the head envoy of the WHO today said as much to our TDs and Oireachtas: "This pandemic is nowhere near finished. I want to repeat, this is nowhere near the end. And some people say, well there’s light at the end of the tunnel. But from my point of view, I’m not sure how far that light is away".

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I completely agree!

The better it gets the more limits or restrictions should be imposed!

We can't take the foot off the gas just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

"Ireland has started to see the results of lockdown during the worst of this particular variant of Covid-19"

Fixed his statement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

We have the HSE to guide us through this to the light at the end of the tunnel and administer vaccine roll out. We're fcuked in other words for a long long time yet.

• Advertisement

Yesterdays briefing of 9 was 8 confirmed

HSE operations report for today

In Hospital 63 -9
    In ICU 7 +2
    4 confirmed cases today

2 ICU beds in Waterford
    0 Icu beds in CUH

This doesn't make much sense, people are already climbing the walls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I completely agree!

We can't take the foot off the gas just yet!

What further limits or restrictions would you impose on top of what we have?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

Roanmore wrote: »

Well start by applying the existing restrictions because there are a lot of people STILL not giving a fiddlers feck, and moreso when more people start to let things slip when the vaccine numbers rise. Family outings to Lidls should be high on the list for a fine- not for a jolly chat from a gard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Is the new wing of the hospital now being used solely for covid cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

deise08 wrote: »
    Is the new wing of the hospital now being used solely for covid cases?

That's been the case for weeks now yes. (Up until a week ago anyway, that's the last time I spoke to someone who works there)

This doesn't make much sense, people are already climbing the walls

It's great that they're able to do that!

Roanmore wrote: »

Fair enough, I wouldn't be easing off on restrictions for a few months at least.

We should do as the Dutch have done by imposing a curfew during the late hours!

Shut down all airports with only 'essential' flights allowed in or out of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

Should have been tighter control of "essential flights" in and out of the country

• Advertisement

Advertisement