Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

spookwoman wrote: »
    yesterdays hospital data

118 -7
    icu 7 -1
    0 icu beds available

Briefing was 37 was only 14 confirmed

todays briefing 49

Is the 14 confirmed, just saw a tweet from someone else saying 10 is all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Is the 14 confirmed, just saw a tweet from someone else saying 10 is all?

Numbers off hub
    24/1/2021 total 4293
    25/1/2021 total 4307
    that makes 14 difference
    Seeing that tweet now, don't know where they get their info.

I should add that those numbers are regarded as the confirmed numbers

Latest HSE operations report

106 -12

7 icu No Change

No icu beds available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Dungarvan shopping again Wednesday. Town almost empty as it should be. Even the shops seemed to have far less people. Far less people out than when we had with earlier lockdowns.

What was disappointing but to be expected was the "usual" crowd outside the courts very little social distancing and not that many masks.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Dungarvan shopping again Wednesday. Town almost empty as it should be. Even the shops seemed to have far less people. Far less people out than when we had with earlier lockdowns.

What was disappointing but to be expected was the "usual" crowd outside the courts very little social distancing and not that many masks.

Have 2 that are are a nuisance in the mornings now. 1 has a backpack and instead of getting the purse or whatever out before going to the counter they wait till they get to the counter go through this rigmarole of taking the backpack off their back which turns into a struggle then goes through the same putting it back on at the counter before moving to wait for the other. Of course they have to stand in an area where the queue can't move forward because f*cking muppet is about 3 feet from the please queue here mark for 2m distancing.
    They arrive by car so they would have to put the backpack on when they get out of the car to only queue.

The force is bloody strong with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Es1o4DIXIAEbcOC?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's kind of frustrating now that after 4 weeks of level 5 we are still at over 1k cases a day and that is without testing close contacts in same capacity as we had been.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

It's kind of frustrating now that after 4 weeks of level 5 we are still at over 1k cases a day and that is without testing close contacts in same capacity as we had been.
    "Lockdown, what lockdown" is the reason.

Bllody migraine had me out of action for the best part of the day.

HSE operations report for tonight
    Top of the hospital list
    113 +7
    icu 8 +1
    Still no ICU beds available and neither does CUH

Yesterdays 49 was 35

Latest LEA Data

25-01-2021.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Are people still being retested after x days or whatever it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Is there anywhere I can see a detailed map of the boundaries of each LEA?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

91wx763 wrote: »
    My mother is a care home resident in the city and I've just been told that where she is has 20 resident and 10 staff infections. She's tested negative several times but she's confined to her room and the "window" visits are banned, they'd actually set up a microphone system like you'd see in a bank only recently.

I don’t think the public realise how serious the failings in care homes have been. My grandmother’s care home in Dublin was riddled with covid despite the no visitors rules

I know of a care home in Sligo that had very strict no visitor rules including no window visits. All 35+ residents acquired covid and many staff too. The source was a care home staff member who picked it up at a house party in breach of the guidelines and rules.

It’s humane that people in the twilight of their life are being restricted from seeing their family for such an extended period of time

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

If you are going to the hospital for any reason or, any medical setting, which requires you to be screened on entry, could you please have the decency to be respectful to the staff assessing you? The staff working in hospitals, medical centres, nursing homes, care homes etc do not set the rules. We don't have any input into the rules set by the government, the HSE, NPHET or management.

When you are being asked if you have been in contact with anyone who has covid/suspected covid and if you have travelled outside of Ireland recently, these are yes/no answers. There is no need for smart arse, passive aggressive answers such as "sure how could I have travelled outside of Ireland, we're barely even allowed to leave our houses".

You are being assessed by staff who are working long hours, under immense pressure, at risk of getting covid and bringing it home to their families, dealing with childcare issues, home schooling, covering far more than their usual workload due to staff absences, and all the while dealing with a new, highly contagious virus, something which many, if not most, staff would have no previous experience of working with. These staff are dealing with all of that while also being affected by lockdown like everyone else, not being able to see friends and family, not being able to do most recreational activities, not being able to go on holiday, not being able to celebrate births, deaths and marriages with friends and family in the usual way etc etc

Could everyone just have a bit of compassion. Save your "I hate everything about this" attitude for your posts on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

faceman wrote: »
    I don’t think the public realise how serious the failings in care homes have been. My grandmother’s care home in Dublin was riddled with covid despite the no visitors rules

I know of a care home in Sligo that had very strict no visitor rules including no window visits. All 35+ residents acquired covid and many staff too. The source was a care home staff member who picked it up at a house party in breach of the guidelines and rules.

It’s in humane that people in the twilight of their life are being restricted from seeing their family for such an extended period of time

Unfortunately care home employees can catch covid even when obeying all the rules . All it takes is one person to acquire covid for a whole facility to be impacted. That person may have broke no rules and followed all the regulations etc . Also many care home workers spouses work in acute hospitals and other facilities and unfortunately may have caught covid from family members . People like to presume someone broke the rules but in most cases it’s no ones fault . This strain is so contagious it just takes one person to infect many .

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0129/1193782-covid-19-fertility/

I'm trying not to pay any attention to the conspiracy theorists with their

phrases of SCAMDEMIC / PLANNEDEMIC but when I read this it really

does make me wonder!

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0129/1193782-covid-19-fertility/

I'm trying not to pay any attention to the conspiracy theorists with their

phrases of SCAMDEMIC / PLANNEDEMIC but when I read this it really

does make me wonder!

pneumonia as a rule of thumb reduces fertility in livestock.....i dont see why it wouldnt apply here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Like my understanding is that Covid can cause severe acute inflammation of absolutely anything and everything, I believe in the early days the most common way children presented with the disease was through an inflamed big toe. Anyway the system of our body can all broadly be damaged by severe inflammation - it would lead that people could present all sorts of follow up issues, including possible fertility.

Long-term viral inflammation-caused disorders are also not limited to Covid.

Is there anywhere I can see a detailed map of the boundaries of each LEA?

Map here
    https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Does anyone know how many Covid deaths there have been in Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

34 new cases today.

113 in hospital

• Advertisement

They got yesterdays briefing number right, 77 confirmed. That may change with the errors on the Hub though

HSE Operations report

108 -5
    icu 6 -2
    1 icu bed available

Yesterdays 34 was 22
    todays briefing is 56

Latest HSE Operations report

108 No change

7 icu +1

0 icu beds available

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Does anyone know how many Covid deaths there have been in Waterford?

Up to Friday 8th Jan we had 11 covid related deaths recorded, this has jumped up to 40 deaths on the 22nd January, and will probably be over 50 now when figures up to 29th Jan are released.

Source: https://www.cso.ie/en/statistics/health/covid-19deathsandcasesstatistics/

Yesterdays briefing of 56 was correct.

Todays Briefing is 55 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 6,692 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

spookwoman wrote: »

Right job. Forcing their views down people and doing it across multiple counties as well. If the rest of us cant leave the county then they 100% deserve that fine. Should have been done 2 weeks ago. And that trailer doesnt even look stable enough to hold the screen. A pothole or wrong turn could have killed an innocent passer by. Nutjob.

Right job. Forcing their views down people and doing it across multiple counties as well. If the rest of us cant leave the county then they 100% deserve that fine. Should have been done 2 weeks ago. And that trailer doesnt even look stable enough to hold the screen. A pothole or wrong turn could have killed an innocent passer by. Nutjob.

He's one of those GOD nuts. Pretty sure he was at the protest in Tramore back in July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

spookwoman wrote:
    He's one of those GOD nuts. Pretty sure he was at the protest in Tramore back in July

Fine probably won't stop him unfortunately, I still find it disturbing some are still defiant with this virus, and their lack of understanding and accepting of it's dangers

Advertisement