Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Latest HSE Operations report

127 +4
    7 in ICU +1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭jmcc

spookwoman wrote: »
    I don't want the system privatized, never said I did, I just think when reporting something the data needs to be correct and not full of errors, and even more so when these are Government sites putting the data out.
    You go onto the Gov.ie site for info and typo's in a lot of the previous reports. You can expect the odd mistake but this is pretty much day in and day out errors, often the same places and some just basic arithmetic.
    Is Ah sure it's nothing the acceptable response if when ordering vaccines for a certain vulnerable group in Waterford is short by a few 1,000 because someone didn't bother to double check their numbers?
    One of the problems with the data collection might be that people are writing the reports and the reports are entered on to a computer. Then there are those wonderful commas in large numbers that people include to make a report pretty. That causes problems when a system is expecting a comma separated file. This is the kind of work that Data Science heads who are well-versed in Extraction/Transformation/Load procedures and can write error checking programs on the fly deal with every day. It is likely that some poor unfortunate office staff drew the short straw and have to deal with a pile of incoming reports and have to sort it out manually. The repeated numerical errors is a good indicator of this kind of thing. At least they didn't get the PPARS people to run it or everyone would be dead by now. :)

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    One of the problems with the data collection might be that people are writing the reports and the reports are entered on to a computer. Then there are those wonderful commas in large numbers that people include to make a report pretty. That causes problems when a system is expecting a comma separated file. This is the kind of work that Data Science heads who are well-versed in Extraction/Transformation/Load procedures and can write error checking programs on the fly deal with every day. It is likely that some poor unfortunate office staff drew the short straw and have to deal with a pile of incoming reports and have to sort it out manually. The repeated numerical errors is a good indicator of this kind of thing. At least they didn't get the PPARS people to run it or everyone would be dead by now. :)

Regards...jmcc

Also a bad indicator that no one has bothered to say anything, has not listened or word is not being checked.

There would be bloody war if that was going on with wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tramore GP on the briefing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

The problem is there is no accountability, people hired and promoted well beyond their abilities and as my mother would say some got their jobs because they were friends with the corpse. It's not what you know it's who you know.

This literally describes pretty much most of the managerial positions in UHW. There are managers above sections who have no qualifications at all and are simply in their jobs because they know someone, they're related to someone, it was the only way for them to progress to the next grade or, they placed high on a panel and, maybe, (no requirement to have any qualification to place high on some of these panels). Of course, occasionally, this works out and someone competent ends up in the job but, unfortunately, all of the incompetence does so much lasting damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Tramore GP on the briefing tonight.

He was very good. However the irony was not lost on picking a case of a heart patient when we don't have a proper heart facility.

It's awful on people young and old having to go in to hospital alone, all because of this awful virus.

This literally describes pretty much most of the managerial positions in UHW. There are managers above sections who have no qualifications at all and are simply in their jobs because they know someone, they're related to someone, it was the only way for them to progress to the next grade or, they placed high on a panel and, maybe, (no requirement to have any qualification to place high on some of these panels). Of course, occasionally, this works out and someone competent ends up in the job but, unfortunately, all of the incompetence does so much lasting damage.
    and the damage runs downhill to those on the front line dealing with the sh*tstorm.

deise08 wrote: »
    He was very good. However the irony was not lost on picking a case of a heart patient when we don't have a proper heart facility.

It's awful on people young and old having to go in to hospital alone, all because of this awful virus.

David Cullinane tweeted about heart related waiting list at UHW. Doubled in under 3 years.

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidcullinane/status/1353796556042940417

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

1st January 2020 - 25th Jan 2020 106 Deaths
    1st January 2021 - 25th Jan 2021 116 Deaths

Source rip.ie

37 cases, 928 nationally, 90 dead nationally.

The 5 day moving averages for Wexford The "get tested in Waterford" effect?

EsrcKZcXYAEQcZs?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

unfortunately there might be another out break in one of the factories, apparently due to an employee not informing about their infection, afraid of being sacked apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

Aquos76 wrote: »
    1st January 2020 - 25th Jan 2020 106 Deaths
    1st January 2021 - 25th Jan 2021 116 Deaths

Source rip.ie
    Wasn't it mentioned that some families are not having the deaths announced ? I'm sure some won't anyway even in normal circumstances.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

91wx763 wrote: »
    Wasn't it mentioned that some families are not having the deaths announced ? I'm sure some won't anyway even in normal circumstances.

Yes, that is correct, there are always instances where not every death is published on rip.ie I only put that up as a comparison is all. I am not claiming that its 100% accurate.

As we are hearing about more and more deaths of late, I just wanted to see how did it compared to previous years is all. There were 58 deaths recorded between the same dates in 2019, so based on that figure, sadly there was a massive increase both last year and this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    unfortunately there might be another out break in one of the factories, apparently due to an employee not informing about their infection, afraid of being sacked apparently

Could you be any more vague?

My mother is a care home resident in the city and I've just been told that where she is has 20 resident and 10 staff infections. She's tested negative several times but she's confined to her room and the "window" visits are banned, they'd actually set up a microphone system like you'd see in a bank only recently.

My mother is a care home resident in the city and I've just been told that where she is has 20 resident and 10 staff infections. She's tested negative several times but she's confined to her room and the "window" visits are banned, they'd actually set up a microphone system like you'd see in a bank only recently.

Fingers crossed for your mum. Nursing homes were doing well for while until christmas

Fingers crossed for your mum. Nursing homes were doing well for while until christmas

Thank you. She was getting by ok with the window visits but now is withdrawing away into nothing because she's not seeing anybody she knows and she's getting confused like when they get water infections as a result, waste of time talking to her on the phone tonight.

Very tough. Do you know when your mother is due the vaccine not to mention the staff there?

• Advertisement

Very tough. Do you know when your mother is due the vaccine not to mention the staff there?

They were there last monday of last week but she wasn't well on the day so she didn't have it :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I hope she stays well, worrying time for you no doubt.
    A colleague of mine, his mam tested positive in the first wave and was asymptomatic thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Not another meat one? There are 2 of those places mentioned in the last few days in Cork and Wexford with 100 cases admitted and rumours of one in Monaghan being closed last week

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yes, that is correct, there are always instances where not every death is published on rip.ie I only put that up as a comparison is all. I am not claiming that its 100% accurate.

As we are hearing about more and more deaths of late, I just wanted to see how did it compared to previous years is all. There were 58 deaths recorded between the same dates in 2019, so based on that figure, sadly there was a massive increase both last year and this year.

If there's such an increase on 2019, you'd have to wonder, were we experiencing deaths from covid much earlier than our first official confirmed case in March 2020. Because, that's a massive difference between 2019 and 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Could you be any more vague?

Absolutely, hopefully it's under control now, last thing we need

Gardaí break up gathering of ‘up to 200 people’ after Wexford funeral as mourners urged to offer condolences online
    https://www.independent.ie/news/gardai-break-up-gathering-of-up-to-200-people-after-wexford-funeral-as-mourners-urged-to-offer-condolences-online-40018444.html

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭spaceCreated

Gardaí break up gathering of ‘up to 200 people’ after Wexford funeral as mourners urged to offer condolences online
    https://www.independent.ie/news/gardai-break-up-gathering-of-up-to-200-people-after-wexford-funeral-as-mourners-urged-to-offer-condolences-online-40018444.html

Crazy stuff, theres a hundred ways to show respect without that nonsense happening

yesterdays hospital data

118 -7
    icu 7 -1
    0 icu beds available

Briefing was 37 was only 14 confirmed

todays briefing 49

There's people on twitter citing a certain community and spouting the usual associated "shur nothin' will be done as a result" rubbish.... Was anything "done" about Ramsgrange or the Ritz I ask.

• Advertisement

There's people on twitter citing a certain community and spouting the usual associated "shur nothin' will be done as a result" rubbish.... Was anything "done" about Ramsgrange or the Ritz I ask.

A wink and a nod goes a long way.

Advertisement