Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Yesterdays 55 was 53 They are getting better at posting the right numbers.
    Todays briefing 34.

HSE operations report for yesterday
    107 -1
    icu 8 +1

Finally below 100 again for operations report

98 -9
    icu 8 no change
    1 icu bed available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fine probably won't stop him unfortunately, I still find it disturbing some are still defiant with this virus, and their lack of understanding and accepting of it's dangers

They've probably spent many hundreds on fuel over the past few weeks, wherever the funding is coming from €100 is probably a minor inconvenience, if they even pay it.

is there one person driving around all the time or a group of people taking turns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

29 new cases.

Yesterdays 34 was 31

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

From twitter-

Confirmed #COVID19 cases (31/01/21)

Dublin 67553 (+340)
    Cork 19839 (+129)
    Limerick 9472 (+40)
    Kildare 8692 (+56)
    Meath 7990 (+36)
    Donegal 7852 (+27)
    Galway 7780 (+56)
    Louth 7628 (+46)
    Wexford 5983 (+74)
    Mayo 5308 (+31)
    Waterford 4581 (+31)
    Tipperary 4393 (+20)
    Monaghan 4371 (+50)
    Cavan 4266 (+5)
    Clare 4254 (+12)
    Kerry 4071 (+9)
    Wicklow 3672 (+19)
    Kilkenny 3187 (+12)
    Westmeath 2750 (-19)
    Offaly 2692 (+9)
    Laois 2659 (+27)
    Carlow 2442 (+13)
    Sligo 2021 (+6)
    Roscommon 1970 (+14)
    Longford 1348 (+7)
    Leitrim 642 (+4)

Not exactly a lockdown slowdown really is it ?

Latest HSE Operations Report
    Level at the top with CUH on 96 case in hospital now. down from 98 yesterday
    9 in icu +1
    0 icu beds available again
    1 suspect case in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

91wx763 wrote:
    Not exactly a lockdown slowdown really is it ?

Only that it is, lockdowns are effectively the only thing we can do until sufficient numbers are vaccinated

40 dead in the last week. Additional morgue support called upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

https://waterford-news.ie/2021/02/03/phoenix-the-tuse-a-lie-repeated/

News and Star mentions the dire situation in UHW compared to UHC

• Advertisement

EtUhMnPWgAI_SNL?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

40 dead in the last week. Additional morgue support called upon.

In Waterford?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Jaysis

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭azimuth17

https://waterford-news.ie/2021/02/03/phoenix-the-tuse-a-lie-repeated/

News and Star mentions the dire situation in UHW compared to UHC

ShanahanTD did the same in the Dail today to Micheál Martin, not that he was listening. Shanahan said extra refrigeration being brought into UHW morgue for body storage. Put that in your Fianna Fail pipe and smoke it.

hse operations report

At the top again
    99 in hospital +1
    8 in icu -1
    1 icu bed available.
    1 icu bed available in CUH as well.

County numbers were updated finally. Previous days briefing of 29 was 29 confirmed.

Yesterdays briefing of 44 was 42 confirmed.

Latest LEA

01-02-2021.jpg

HSE operations report

101 +2
    icu 8 no change

1 icu bed available
    3 icu beds available in CUH

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Flow Motion

spookwoman wrote: »
    HSE operations report

101 +2
    icu 8 no change

1 icu bed available
    3 icu beds available in CUH

Those hospital numbers for UHW are still rising and we are one of the worst affected regions in country in this third wave. Second in list of highest incidence rates too apparently.
    Five weeks into this third lockdown the scale of improvement has been very slow compared to the other lockdowns. There's hardly a sinner around the town. The only exception is when there's a good sunny day lots of people out walking.
    Any opinions on why it feels like we are living in quicksand? Is it the new variant? Most people seem to be complying pretty well with the restrictions. Where are the new cases coming from? Must be due to people traveling in from outside the county/country.
    The level 5 restrictions have another 4 weeks to run. Should bring the daily numbers down by 50%. Unfortunately gazing into the crystal ball when we begin to ease off will the numbers shoot up again? We are a long way from having 80% of the population vaccinated for any kind of immunity.

Those hospital numbers for UHW are still rising and we are one of the worst affected regions in country in this third wave. Second in list of highest incidence rates too apparently.
    Five weeks into this third lockdown the scale of improvement has been very slow compared to the other lockdowns. There's hardly a sinner around the town. The only exception is when there's a good sunny day lots of people out walking.
    Any opinions on why it feels like we are living in quicksand? Is it the new variant? Most people seem to be complying pretty well with the restrictions. Where are the new cases coming from? Must be due to people traveling in from outside the county/country.
    The level 5 restrictions have another 4 weeks to run. Should bring the daily numbers down by 50%. Unfortunately gazing into the crystal ball when we begin to ease off will the numbers shoot up again? We are a long way from having 80% of the population vaccinated for any kind of immunity.

I think the level of outbreak in tramore and city from mid december onwards was vastly under estimated...

i think levels of assomatic spread were quiet high aswell,ive heard tales of entire families testing positive,but some taking upto 10 days post result to develop sythoms

This along with us having a v.low infection rate all along,went several weeks last year,with no case here and certain complancy creeping in,likely cost us abit

• Advertisement

I think the level of outbreak in tramore and city from mid december onwards was vastly under estimated...

i think levels of assomatic spread were quiet high aswell,ive heard tales of entire families testing positive,but some taking upto 10 days post result to develop sythoms

This along with us having a v.low infection rate all along,went several weeks last year,with no case here and certain complancy creeping in,likely cost us abit

Think complacency setting in and more people just not bothering any more.

I think the number of deaths may have had a slight affect on some peoples behaviour for the better but most who are ignoring the restrictions don't care how many die.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

no tales there, two relatives of mine are currently experiencing this, no hospitalisations, thank god

Latest cso data out up to and including the 29/01/2021 there have been 59 deaths in waterford in total. That week had 18, previous weeks, 16, 14, 5 and 0's before. 53 have happened in 4 weeks up the the 29th.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/br/b-cdc/covid-19deathsandcasesseries22/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Town may be empty but I pass the park most days on my lunchtime walk and the there's at least 50 people each, in the playground and skate park every day mixing and close together.

Also the roads, particularly the ring road down by Ursaline Court is as busy as it ever was with cars, wherever people are heading to I don't know. In previous lockdowns it was noticeably less busy.

Yesterdays Briefing of 40 was 39

Todays Briefing 39

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Town may be empty but I pass the park most days on my lunchtime walk and the there's at least 50 people each, in the playground and skate park every day mixing and close together.

Also the roads, particularly the ring road down by Ursaline Court is as busy as it ever was with cars, wherever people are heading to I don't know. In previous lockdowns it was noticeably less busy.

Was out this evening doing the weekly shop, Aldi, Midland Tesco were all uncomfortably full and plenty of absolutely stupid carry on: Whole families in the shop, like parents, teenage kids, toddlers all together. Saw multiple instances of this just in Lidl. Even saw 2 cars park up with 2 seperate family groups exit each, all meet up and then go into the shop as one large group.

Dare I say it but most of the worst offenders seem to be Eastern European for this and general non mask wearing, don't know what's going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Was out this evening doing the weekly shop, Aldi, Midland Tesco were all uncomfortably full and plenty of absolutely stupid carry on: Whole families in the shop, like parents, teenage kids, toddlers all together. Saw multiple instances of this just in Lidl. Even saw 2 cars park up with 2 seperate family groups exit each, all meet up and then go into the shop as one large group.

Dare I say it but most of the worst offenders seem to be Eastern European for this and general non mask wearing, don't know what's going on there.

I think the reason the numbers are still stubbornly high are just a combination of (a) the more transmittable strains going around and (b) people are out a lot more than the previous lockdowns, so just more chance to spread. It's not rocket science.

I myself am an example, the first lockdown, apart from grocery shopping I was scared to leave the house for the first 6 weeks, until early May, no daily exercise. The 2nd and 3rd lockdown I'm leaving the house for shopping and daily walks. I know it's not a massive risk, but I think compared to how much people were leaving the house in previous lockdowns, it has definitely increased this time.

That's not to blame anyone who's getting out of the house, within reason, I'm sure most people, like myself are going off their heads. January/February are difficult months in normal times, but as I mentioned for a city that's locked-down with **** all open there's a hell of a lot of traffic around :confused:

Big drop in cases for WRH
    82 -19
    5 icu -3

0 icu beds available in both wrh and cuh

Yesterdays briefing 39 was 38 confirmed
    todays briefing was 20.

• Advertisement

No HSE operations report last night.

Yesterdays briefing of 20 was 20 confirmed