Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Serious question.

So please serious answers, its not meant as a springboard for yet more point scoring from either side.

In the event that no government can be formed by Sunday, does the president have any special powers to enact law?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

efanton wrote: »
    Serious question.

So please serious answers, its not meant as a springboard for yet more point scoring from either side.

In the event that no government can be formed by Sunday, does the president have any special powers to enact law?

As far as I know no. However, everything required can be extrapolated from existing laws. New legislation is only really to make it clear to the public. Everything that the special legislation enacted could have been done from previous laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,456 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Runaways wrote: »
    You didn’t watch the press conference. Clearly.

The man is physically incapable of not putting his foot in it and up his own hole.

Though at this stage and current crisis I think it’s very much by design

You didn’t link the press conference.

You linked a prominent influencer who effectively said that Leo made her proud of Ireland again, and without any evidence, suggested this meant he had put his foot in it and was a Tory.

I am baffled at what you are trying to say. It just doesn’t make sense, if you explain it I might understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

blanch152 wrote: »
    You didn’t link the press conference.

You linked a prominent influencer who effectively said that Leo made her proud of Ireland again, and without any evidence, suggested this meant he had put his foot in it and was a Tory.

I am baffled at what you are trying to say. It just doesn’t make sense, if you explain it I might understand.

It’s truly strange. But if you ask what they are talking about you get called an infectious bot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I do admit I had to have a look back in

Still accusing everyone of been a bot....that seems to be the best intellectual response from some on here. I guess they didn’t join the debate team

Runaway posting a tweet which was positive towards FG and Leo but was incapable of reading it

You couldn’t make this stuff up.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    It’s truly strange. But if you ask what they are talking about you get called an infectious bot.

Joe I had to get out, otherwise they drag you down to the level and win because of the huge experience they have gathered

The inability to read a tweet, one of the shortest form of communication says it all.....

You missed the posting of an article earlier in thread to prove a point, which in fact proved the opposite. I think that was Runaway as well

Or the one who was going nuts because the government doesn’t own the m50, when told they did then said commercial vehicle didn’t use it and drive through Dublin, when told commercials are banned in Dublin tried to say that cars are commercial

Get out now!!!! Haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Answering questions with questions and if don’t understand’ seems to be the new play.

If you don’t understand lads and aren’t willing to listen there’s no point in debate.

But I’m sure that actually the objective eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

joeguevara wrote: »
    Trust me I’m not a bot.

I asked a question of you. You didn’t answer. Only replied asking me did I understand what inverted commas meant. You didn’t answer what a tweet by Claire Kelly had to do with the tories. You didn’t answer sweet fcuck all to tell you the truth. Are you a bot or just an annoying pr1ck?

Both

It is about time the thread title was changed. 6 weeks later and SF have done f**k all. Unsurprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It is about time the thread title was changed. 6 weeks later and SF have done f**k all. Unsurprisingly.

Again, sf won't be in government anytime soon, they simply won't be able to as ffg will do everything in their power to prevent this from happening, possibly indefinitely. The numbers don't stack up for sf anyway

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Again, sf won't be in government anytime soon, they simply won't be able to as ffg will do everything in their power to prevent this from happening, possibly indefinitely. The numbers don't stack up for sf anyway

The numbers are there to form a coalition without FF and FG. If only SF weren’t toxic to so many other parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The numbers are there to form a coalition without FF and FG. If only SF weren’t toxic to so many other parties.
    On raw numbers yes but not on any common platform, especially when the Greens are on a magical carpet ride.

The numbers really aren't there at all, it would be simply too complicated to form a government with sf, not just because of their toxic element, of which I do agree with, but because of also the power play that already exists with both ffg, ffg will continue to block alternatives from forming, this may remain in Irish politics indefinitely

They actually said it. ‘Strong and stable.’

Oh god. It’s embarrassing and worrying they’re so deaf dumb and blind

https://twitter.com/seandefoe/status/1242895973661245443?s=21

Answering questions with questions and if don’t understand’ seems to be the new play.

If you don’t understand lads and aren’t willing to listen there’s no point in debate.

But I’m sure that actually the objective eh

You made a mistake, just admit it and move on!!! it getting embarrassing now

Runaways wrote:

It ll happen, they ll form a government and will get a radically different government than late!

Oh god. It’s embarrassing and worrying they’re so deaf dumb and blind

https://twitter.com/seandefoe/status/1242895973661245443?s=21
    Mary Lou wrote:
    I want to see a good, stable, strong government that can deliver on housing, on health, can deliver on the issues that matter to people. But if there is an election, I mean we’ll go and we’ll fight the election

Did you object when Mary Lou said the same?

Expect accusation of working for FG, or been a Finbot or something in the line of that in 10,9,8,7.......:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The numbers really aren't there at all, it would be simply too complicated to form a government with sf, not just because of their toxic element, of which I do agree with, but because of also the power play that already exists with both ffg, ffg will continue to block alternatives from forming, this may remain in Irish politics indefinitely

So why are SF ranting saying the people have a mandate for change yet SF can't even form a government yet FF and FG can??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And they can't even form a government because the left is so fractured.

Does she realise how ridiculous she sounds?

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You made a mistake, just admit it and move on!!! it getting embarrassing now

You’re playing a blinder keep going :)
    Your inability to answer questions or understand them needs work though.

And they can't even form a government because the left is so fractured.

Does she realise how ridiculous she sounds?

Is there really a left or right in Irish politics?
    If you only read here it would be beige middle, lord and saviors FFG and everyone else is toxic.
    Although the greens seem to be on magic mushrooms right now to be fair.

You’re playing a blinder keep going :)
    Your inability to answer questions or understand them needs work though.

You didn't ask me a question. You posted a tweet and couldn't even read it :p:p:p:p then instead of admitting the mistake you attack a poster. Your standard idoitic response "ahhhh ddddaaaa aaahhhhh your a bot" :P

Your as bad as the other clown that tried to say cars are commericals :D

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You didn't ask me a question. You posted a tweet and couldn't even read it :p:p:p:p then instead of admitting the mistake you attack a poster. Your standard idoitic response "ahhhh ddddaaaa aaahhhhh your a bot" :P

Your as bad as the other clown that tried to say cars are commericals :D

You clearly have comprehension issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Why don't you explain what you meant by posting that tweet for all of us with comprehension issues?

If I do, explain the post about the tweet, thank you

So why are SF ranting saying the people have a mandate for change yet SF can't even form a government yet FF and FG can??

its just politics, it doesnt make sense at the best of times, but as said previously, there currently isnt a place for a sf lead government, and i personally think, there may never be as our votes are only one part of government formation

• Registered Users Posts: 68,170 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They can?

Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,456 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I think this is the real point, at the end of the day, Sinn Fein are too toxic for any other party to do a deal with them. Yes, PBP gave them qualified support in one vote (hardly a claim to fame) but nobody else will touch them with a bargepole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

You need to go back and look at what you linked.
    You’re looking very stupid at the moment.
    Maybe you linked the wrong link or something, hoping you did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement