Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »

Yeah how dare he not see this pandemic coming 12 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yeah how dare he not see this pandemic coming 12 months ago.

Aren't you the same lad that was scoffing at the idea of the SF election manifesto being obsolete over the crisis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Weren’t FG the only party that factored public sector pay increases into their budget forecasts? I know they attached FF over it but I never heard SF or other parties talking about it. Not sure what their plan was to increase nurses pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I still have comprehension issues.

Could you explain that post please? Thank you

This is the one in case you forgot: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112944152&postcount=2851

The regulars are always ranting about SFs policies needing a (Nonexistent) magic money tree.

Here we are there suddenly Is one.
    But it’s ok. It’s in FGs back garden. So it’s grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Runaways wrote: »
    The regulars are always ranting about SFs policies needing a (Nonexistent) magic money tree.

Here we are there suddenly Is one.
    But it’s ok. It’s in FGs back garden. So it’s grand.

Could you explain what you meant? The tweet was positive and you are talking about Tory government?

This has nothing to do with money.......or did you mean to quote the post above this....oppps

Just admit the error and move on!!!!

• Advertisement

Part I can’t figure out is you’d imagine Leo especially would want a unity government right now and for the forseeable. The aftermath and the scale of the hit both socially and economically is going to be massive. There’s going to be more than enough blame to go around. You think he’d want to flatten that curve(lol) ahead of time by involving all parties so as to soften the hit when i happens.
    Or maybe he and FG think they’re doing such a great job?

Part I can’t figure out is you’d imagine Leo especially would want a unity government right now and for the forseeable. The aftermath and the scale of the hit both socially and economically is going to be massive. There’s going to be more than enough blame to go around. You think he’d want to flatten that curve(lol) ahead of time by involving all parties so as to soften the hit when i happens.
    Or maybe he and FG think they’re doing such a great job?

Any explanation for the post about the tweet ? Thanks

Could you explain what you meant? The tweet was positive and you are talking about Tory government?

This has nothing to do with money.......or did you mean to quote the post above this....oppps

Just admit the error and move on!!!!

I have no fvckin idea what you’re rattling on about but I presume I touched a nerve.
    Relax the kacks it’s way too late to be getting so wound up.

I have no fvckin idea what you’re rattling on about but I presume I touched a nerve.
    Relax the kacks it’s way too late to be getting so wound up.

As above you posted the link if you have no idea, so fairly easy to see

You also know multiple people asked you to explain, so go on explain!! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You also know multiple people asked you to explain, so go on explain!! Thank you
    Yeah, that's worth continuously pursuing. Somebody misquoted a post by a DOB employee praising a speech by somebody in FG :eek::eek:
    The most quoted part of the speech seems to be the part he specifically mentions the greatest generation not being in the past..

Often a claim attributed to those that lived through the great depression and then fought in world war II.

Leo's spin back in full swing. I'm surprised more people aren't getting sick listening to his bullsh*t.

• Advertisement

Leo is a Tory. He basically admits it in that clip. That isn’t hard to understand. He’s quoting fvckin Churchill ffs. The man who created the black and tans and sent them to Ireland. Do you have any idea of our history and what a massive FU that is to us?
    Cos Leo either certainly doesn’t or more likely doesn’t give a sh!t and did it anyways.
    Firstly he’s not an idiot. Secondly he’s surrounded once again by a paid spin unit and STILL not only quoted that prick but then went on to say he’s never respected any political leaders in our country.
    I don’t know what you’re missing in that. It’s been noticed by everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I just noticed this post and will make some sort of comment .
    Personally i believe the political system we have cannot work as the interests of a few takes president over what is good for the people as a whole, we have the corporate companies who pay little or no tax on the basis they provide employment and our workers pay tax.
    Now these same corporate companies are buying up houses that were built with planning as homes for our people.
    75% of our politicians seem to have no input to Government as there is no joined thinking, each TDs has just interest in their local area and there needs to be a national plan, to me politics in this country is far too parochial.
    Now that we are going to have a national Government we need to have a national plan for the whole country, its unlikely to change anytime soon as turkeys and Christmas. It is really a pity as i though we had learned a from the crash 10 years ago when we lost our way which was caused by FF and their developer friends. Now the exact same thing has happened again with for the most part the same developers and now they are building for cookoo funds instead of homes for people, The only up-side is some of these properties will now be in negative equity because we likely have a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I just noticed this post and will make some sort of comment .
    Personally i believe the political system we have cannot work as the interests of a few takes president over what is good for the people as a whole, we have the corporate companies who pay little or no tax on the basis they provide employment and our workers pay tax.
    Now these same corporate companies are buying up houses that were built with planning as homes for our people.
    75% of our politicians seem to have no input to Government as there is no joined thinking, each TDs has just interest in their local area and there needs to be a national plan, to me politics in this country is far too parochial.
    Now that we are going to have a national Government we need to have a national plan for the whole country, its unlikely to change anytime soon as turkeys and Christmas. It is really a pity as i though we had learned a from the crash 10 years ago when we lost our way which was caused by FF and their developer friends. Now the exact same thing has happened again with for the most part the same developers and now they are building for cookoo funds instead of homes for people, The only up-side is some of these properties will now be in negative equity because we likely have a recession.

The Reason why the resistance to have SF in power is because alot of the FFG sweethearts will need strokes pulled for them over the next few months. Watch and see as some key government policy favours the usual suspects over the next year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

The Reason why the resistance to have SF in power is because alot of the FFG sweethearts will need strokes pulled for them over the next few months. Watch and see as some key government policy favours the usual suspects over the next year or so.

Interesting. Do you have any thoughts on what these government policy favours could be? This is an honest question and I have no interest in either appar not side of a political divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Field east

Aren't you the same lad that was scoffing at the idea of the SF election manifesto being obsolete over the crisis?

As are all other manifestos

Leo is a Tory. He basically admits it in that clip. That isn’t hard to understand. He’s quoting fvckin Churchill ffs. The man who created the black and tans and sent them to Ireland. Do you have any idea of our history and what a massive FU that is to us?
    Cos Leo either certainly doesn’t or more likely doesn’t give a sh!t and did it anyways.
    Firstly he’s not an idiot. Secondly he’s surrounded once again by a paid spin unit and STILL not only quoted that prick but then went on to say he’s never respected any political leaders in our country.
    I don’t know what you’re missing in that. It’s been noticed by everyone else

Your so full of crap!!! You haven’t even the basic manner to admit a mistake. Something you should have been taught as a child....

You got pulled up and hid on other thread yesterday spouting the same s**t then came back when you taught it was forgotten

Your response above says it all, name calling, cursing and using capital letter.

I think the great Bernard Jackman describes this best, years ago the village idiot was in the bar in the local pub so you could walk into the lounge and get away from him. Now the village idiot has social media and ends up shouting to everyone....best description ever

Breaking:
    @greenparty_ie
    have now ruled themselves out of talks with Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil #iestaff via
    @McConnellDaniel

The Green party’s stance has me totally baffled. It’s issue seems to be that since there will be no money for investing in furthering the green economy over the next , say five years + it has no interest in being part of such a government.
    THEN I heard Eamon Ryan recently on TV /radio talking about the urgency of investing in housing, health, etc.. what is the party at? Is the party more effective pi— - ing inside the tent as against pi- -ing on it from the outside.

Is it trying to engineer the formation of a unity /national gov or what?
    I always gave the green candidate a close to my no one vote in all elections but that will not be the case going forward UNLESS it comes up with a more logical reason for not taking part in gov formation.
    Has it already exhausted all avenues with FF and FG which are at only the beginning of gov formation/ programme for gov

The reason for the resistance to SF is
    1. They haven’t a clue
    2. The only time they went into government in any form the government was shut down for 3 years
    3. The people that get up and work will be screwed
    4. It wil push more people onto social welfare
    5. The large corporations that keep Ireland afloat will move away
    6. Our children will be left with a social welfare state but no UK to pay for it ike Northern Ireland
    7. We will end up back in the 70/80 when you moved to anywhere to get a job

That’s just a starts, I’m not looking for brown envelopes or favours as you say from any political party, just to run the country. FF, FG or Labour I would happily take, SF not a chance.....they have what, 2 good politician and then a load of .....

efanton wrote: »
    Are they not entitled to chose which parties they will refuse to go into government with?

Surely the whole point of forming a new government is that it continues on beyond the crisis?

The greens can agree to be part of gov for the duration of the crisis - could go on for up to two, three, four or the full term of gov BUT will vote to withdraw from gov as soon as the crisis is over if it lasts for less than five years. It could pick a very simple but very relevant figure to do that ie pull the plug when the unemployment level is back down to , say , 150,000 for two consecutive months

What now?

Sure I might as well follow that up with a ‘And what then’?

• Advertisement

Your so full of crap!!! You haven’t even the basic manner to admit a mistake. Something you should have been taught as a child....

You got pulled up and hid on other thread yesterday spouting the same s**t then came back when you taught it was forgotten

Your response above says it all, name calling, cursing and using capital letter.

I think the great Bernard Jackman describes this best, years ago the village idiot was in the bar in the local pub so you could walk into the lounge and get away from him. Now the village idiot has social media and ends up shouting to everyone....best description ever

You kept and keep on rattling in about an answer. I gave you an answer. I’m clearly on the money if I’ve described your darling Leo exactly as he is. A Tory in all but name. And you’re now losing your sh!t over it.

Is he *that* important to you?

Wow.

Nixon was fond of that speech too. I wonder why?

‘Throwing out the baby with the bath water ‘ comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 67,337 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Field east wrote: »
    ‘Throwing out the baby with the bath water ‘ comes to mind

No more than Leo's Trinity professor penned speeches...sometimes you have to look past the PR.

Has the FG leopard changed it's spots...maybe. But I doubt it.

You kept and keep on rattling in about an answer. I gave you an answer. I’m clearly on the money if I’ve described your darling Leo exactly as he is. A Tory in all but name. And you’re now losing your sh!t over it.

Is he *that* important to you?

Wow.

Im not losing my s**t as you so politely put it, its a forum. I am lucky in life that i have worked my way to a position I don't have to mix or talk to people like you

The one thing I like about boards, if my kids dont want to school I can just show them threads like this, show them what it is like without an education, you turn into a bumbling person who can't even read a tweet and thinks name calling and using capitals is some sort of form of debating/communication
    Cheerio

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Shefwedfan wrote:
    The reason for the resistance to SF is 1. They haven’t a clue 2. The only time they went into government in any form the government was shut down for 3 years 3. The people that get up and work will be screwed 4. It wil push more people onto social welfare 5. The large corporations that keep Ireland afloat will move away 6. Our children will be left with a social welfare state but no UK to pay for it ike Northern Ireland 7. We will end up back in the 70/80 when you moved to anywhere to get a job

To be fair, any combination of government could do untold damage to a country, ffg have been doing so for decades, sf won't be in government anytime soon anyway

No more than Leo's Trinity professor penned speeches...sometimes you have to look past the PR.

All polticians have speech writer.....so not sure what the point of that comment was???

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    To be fair, any combination of government could do untold damage to a country, ffg have been doing so for decades, sf won't be in government anytime soon anyway

FF and FG have f**ked up, but we still have lowest unemployment and jobs for our children

Somethign which SF have never managed to achieve in Northern Ireland. The largest company in the North packed bags and left. Majority of the people are working in England or in Ireland.

Real f**king success story they are

There’s a reason he needs script doctors. Cos when he opens his mouth without one the mask completely slips. Every time. Remembering this doozy in the Dáil on our neutrality and expelling Russian diplomats

"When it comes to terrorism, assassinations and the use of chemical weapons and cyber terrorism we are not neutral, one bit.”
    —Leo Varadkar

FF and FG have f**ked up, but we still have lowest unemployment and jobs for our children

Somethign which SF have never managed to achieve in Northern Ireland. The largest company in the North packed bags and left. Majority of the people are working in England or in Ireland.

Real f**king success story they are

Like northern Ireland is even remotely the same structurally and in government.

Would you ever put that drum away and cop on that you are just showing your ignorance.

• Advertisement

All polticians have speech writer.....so not sure what the point of that comment was???

Some have. I wouldn't say 'all' have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement