Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That's out of date
    Read page 23 of their October 2019 report
    They are not critical because Irish law includes a provision to prosecute the person involved abroad as opposed to the company

It's available here

Your report isn't downloading for me. Can I just get the URL and I can c&p into a separate browser? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

smurgen wrote: »
    Your report isn't downloading for me. Can I just get the URL and I can c&p into a separate browser? Thanks

Yeah you can
    They do have serious concerns that the provisions have not been tested but if you want to test them,you need reason to prosecute

Their reports make interesting reading,they're quite stern in relation to the UK here who appear to be behind Ireland in terms of tightening things up

• Registered Users Posts: 27,449 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

efanton wrote: »
    Not saying its happening now, but your argument is empty.

If someone was to provide privileged information to a prospective tenderer such as the lowest bid so far, details of existing tender bids, or details of how bids were adjudicated, then someone tendering could easily submit a tender that was very likely to succeed.
    It would be extremely hard to prove that such information was secretly divulged.

Given that nearly all tenderers submit their bids with minutes to go, how is that possible?

Like seriously?

Do you know anything at all about procurement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭satguy

FG have just relaxed the non resident tax laws,, they now say that because Aer Lingus are not flying,, "you know who" can hang around a bit longer.
    Even if he does have his own jet,, So me thinks there must be a big state contract in the offer soon.

I wonder how the FF and GP members of this new government cabinet will feel if they are asked to leave the room. With that said,, I still hope that this FG / FF/ GP ,, abomination does not get off the ground.

BTW,, has the gig to put in the new ESB meters been handed out yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

"If I were a 90 year old in a nursing home- I would accept COVID or no COVID, I am going to die in 1-5 years anyway

After 2 months of a lockdown, I would want young people to have their freedom back to enjoy and live life

Call me a heartless bastard, but that is my opinion"

The words of an youth Fine Gael member Andrew Ralph. Former lapdog of Regina Doherty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,166 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

"If I were a 90 year old in a nursing home- I would accept COVID or no COVID, I am going to die in 1-5 years anyway

After 2 months of a lockdown, I would want young people to have their freedom back to enjoy and live life

Call me a heartless bastard, but that is my opinion"

The words of an youth Fine Gael member Andrew Ralph. Former lapdog of Regina Doherty

Wow. Link to that?
    Could somebody be that callous and out of step?

Wow. Link to that?

Dont know how to post pictures on this. It on the populist watch ireland page on facebook, as they screen shotted his twitter, which he has since deleted. Getting shared on quite a few pages now

He deleted his twitter because of the hostility he's getting, disingenuously comparing himself to Caroline Flack, not because he's actually sorry for the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wow. Link to that?

https://twitter.com/jacknolanlabour/status/1260932560860803072?s=09

Unsurprisingly his Twitter account has been locked now, the SCU have probably ordered it.

20200514-173044.jpg

20200514-172943.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

So he deleted his tweet because he couldn't be bothered to deal with the repercussions. Not because he thinks it was wrong. I actually think I would have some respect for him if he stands by what he said but I imagine we will see the old 'I apologise if I have offended...' rolled out pretty soon in order to weasel out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    Again, people arrive at their decisions differently as is their right. For me, voting for people who promise to implement stupid policies, and who sneer at a significant portion of the electorate who choose to vote FG or FF would not be my cup of tea.

But give me a party with sensible economic policies, and who are not too concerned with the latest fad and I'll bite their hand off.

On that, I think the media hammered SF the days after the electorate got it wrong. The sneering and insults from the FG lobby toward the general public was disgusting IMO. FF were slightly more retrained as they hadn't committed to not working with SF.
    That's the character of FG IMO. Everything would be great for FG and it's policies if it wasn't for the pesky public.

Any party that looks to putting the tax payer first and attempts to get value for money has my support. I think the public has had it with FG brand 'inappropriate behaviour'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So he deleted his tweet because he couldn't be bothered to deal with the repercussions. Not because he thinks it was wrong. I actually think I would have some respect for him if he stands by what he said but I imagine we will see the old 'I apologise if I have offended...' rolled out pretty soon in order to weasel out of it.

Told to delete his tweets I would say.

Leo will be fuming, they'll already have to contend with the nursing home controversy as it is, and then you have this eejit basically suggest oaps should be sacrificed so him and his peers can go out and play.

Edit, this is a snippet from his own web page apparently.

https://twitter.com/VictorSeoirse/status/1260943618715660288?s=09

McMurphy wrote: »
    I would say you're right because anyone stupid enough to make the kind of retarded comment he did,would probably also be too stupid to take it down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    On that, I think the media hammered SF the days after the electorate got it wrong. The sneering and insults from the FG lobby toward the general public was disgusting IMO. FF were slightly more retrained as they hadn't committed to not working with SF.
    That's the character of FG IMO. Everything would be great for FG and it's policies if it wasn't for the pesky public.

Any party that looks to putting the tax payer first and attempts to get value for money has my support. I think the public has had it with FG brand 'inappropriate behaviour'.

Again, you're free to choose who you vote for on whatever basis you want. You may not like the sneering from the FG lobby with good reason, but I'm sure some FG voters did not like the sneering from the "left" lobby (sheeple, lickspittle, etc).

As I said before, I'm getting quite sick of FG myself. Would love a party with semi sensible economic policies to vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,166 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »

Leo will be fuming, they'll already have to contend with the nursing home controversy as it is, and then you have this eejit basically suggest oaps should be sacrificed so him and his peers can go out and play.

Edit, this is a snippet from his own web page apparently.

https://twitter.com/VictorSeoirse/status/1260943618715660288?s=09

What's the PC about?

Again, you're free to choose who you vote for on whatever basis you want. You may not like the sneering from the FG lobby with good reason, but I'm sure some FG voters did not like the sneering from the "left" lobby (sheeple, lickspittle, etc).

As I said before, I'm getting quite sick of FG myself. Would love a party with semi sensible economic policies to vote for.

I know. Not trying to tell you you are wrong just discussing my view.
    What anon social media folk do isn't of too much a concern. The media and politicians doing it is a concern for me. The Indo had a headline 'We voted for chaos' or something similar last time around.

What's the PC about?

Peace commissioner

I know. Not trying to tell you you are wrong just discussing my view.
    What anon social media folk do isn't of too much a concern. The media and politicians doing it is a concern for me. The Indo had a headline 'We voted for chaos' or something similar last time around.

If the indo had that headline it's hardly FG's fault. My point is there's loads of sneering going around if you look for it, if you're not concerned about some of it that's fine.

If the indo had that headline it's hardly FG's fault. My point is there's loads of sneering going around if you look for it, if you're not concerned about some of it that's fine.

Well the major shareholder at the time might have coloured it.
    There is I just don't like such bratty behaviour coming from elected politicians from any party, but more so from policy makers. If you have the power to effect change in peoples lives and you can't behave you've no place making such decisions, (thankfully it's unlikely Alan Kelly will ever hold such power).

• Advertisement

There is I just don't like such bratty behaviour coming from elected politicians from any party, but more so from policy makers. If you have the power to effect change in peoples lives and you can't behave you've no place making such decisions, (thankfully it's unlikely Alan Kelly will ever hold such power).

If the shareholder was responsible for the headline hardly it's FG's fault either.

We have seen bratty behaviour "tweeldum and tweedledee", and valid concerns about pension spending being dismissed with "the demographics will look after themselves". And that one down in Clare calling her fellow politicians childish names. Again, plenty of bratty behaviour as well if that's what your after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Very few men or women are selfless. To find one in politics, no more than in other places of supposed trust is very rare.
    Irish politics is a rotten little cesspit of people.
    Mostly for people after the cheque and the pension and indeed the feeling of self importance it brings when they're elected.
    I don't buy into the fact that any party has selected candidates of any higher caliber than the other, or any closer to perfect than the other.
    I'm fed up of the lot of them, there isn't a straight or transparent political party in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

satguy wrote: »
    FG have just relaxed the non resident tax laws,, they now say that because Aer Lingus are not flying,, "you know who" can hang around a bit longer.
    Even if he does have his own jet,, So me thinks there must be a big state contract in the offer soon.

I wonder how the FF and GP members of this new government cabinet will feel if they are asked to leave the room. With that said,, I still hope that this FG / FF/ GP ,, abomination does not get off the ground.

BTW,, has the gig to put in the new ESB meters been handed out yet ?

So, your entire theory is based on a gut feeling and made up conjecture.
    OK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Your man’s tweet is Hardly shocking
    This is FG were talking about

If you think that’s bad have you even heard of young Fine Gael ?

They are the very hard right we are Appalled by when we look over in America And they’re on their way up here within a few years

But tell us again how Sinn Fein are the bogeymen

markodaly wrote: »
    So, your entire theory is based on a gut feeling and made up conjecture.
    OK

The national broadband rollout and ESB Metres tenders would like a word

Runaways wrote: »

Theres roughly half a million households and businesses crying out in rural areas for decent broadband
    If you have a problem with whoever's getting sub contract tenders,perhaps you should set yourself up in competition

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Runaways wrote: »

So its just more conjecture.

markodaly wrote: »
    So its just more conjecture.

This is a worrying FG sycophant trait

If I am unaware of it or pretend it doesn’t exist, it doesn’t exist

Explains the attitude to the homeless and the housing crisis I guess

• Advertisement