Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Let’s wait until we hear it from an impartial source then.

And who would that be ? It’s entirely plausible that Crocker has run out. The GAA ground in Cork ran out of equipment too

• Registered Users Posts: 68,171 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You have been shown the Mary Fitzpatrick case . You have been invited to refer to the previous editions of the evening herald and the Indo. You are more than welcome to google it yourself

You have been referred to the Haughey documentaries ,which. Unless you had your head up your arse during the 1980s ,the media was all about the toxic pity of CJ

When party members are not being subjected to kangaroo courts, they are not being assaulted by their fellow party members and they are not being defamed and undermined by said party members, what headlines are there ?

What headlines can be made when members are not leaving their party in droves like what happened in SF before the local elections ?

It just doesn’t happen in the other parties . If it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t make the papers

Assaults , abusive mail and death threats don’t happen in other parties

You are embarrassing yourself son ! Your party are full of scum bags who still think they can behave like they did while in the Provos up North. You are complaining when they behave like scumbags ,this gets reported on

But sure, you deny it has happened ,and where you can’t possibly deny it you seek to “victim blame” (waffling about egos etc - everyone can read what he said in full on the other thread ) and under play the seriousness of it .

Ha ha ha .whataboutry at its finest

Have you gotten the wrong end of a stick there Rodney?

:):) We all know that in the most patriarchal parties that bullying happens.

The point is how the media report that.

Now can you show sensational headline after sensational headline about cases in FF and FG?

And who would that be ? It’s entirely plausible that Crocker has run out. The GAA ground in Cork ran out of equipment too

And shouldn't we be being told that in a transparent way?

Too much confusion and doubt over testing. I think we'll hear a lot more about it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No. A relative who was tested in Clonmel had her results the following day. Good news, thankfully.

And a neighbour of mine recently back (came home Friday the 13th actually) from Scandinavia was never tested, despite having all the symptoms, and his fiancé having to move out of their shared home as a precaution.

He first contacted his G.P on the Sunday after arriving back in Ireland, as of yet never was tested, spoke with him one morning during the week, and he definitely had a flu like look of him, so I kept well on the opposite side of the road to him when talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Do you really think SF want to get into power after this ****storm, they must be wetting themselves over what's going to happen. FG and FF getting into power, recession coming taxes will have to increase and they can keep their gunpowder dry for another four years knowing they will probably be getting into power.
    "gunpowder" Have they some left over since 1798?

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    And a neighbour of mine recently back (came home Friday the 13th actually) from Scandinavia was never tested, despite having all the symptoms, and his fiancé having to move out of their shared home as a precaution.

He first contacted his G.P on the Sunday after arriving back in Ireland, as of yet never was tested, spoke with him one morning during the week, and he definitely had a flu like look of him, so I kept well on the opposite side of the road to him when talking.

Somebody getting their results the next day is a bit of a miracle in these troubled times TBH. The HSE say at least 5 days for most on their own site. Only if you are extremely ill will it be expedited and Maryanne's friend clearly wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,456 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Is running out of test kits not an alarming issue for you Rodney?...especially as we are being told that all is good.

Social media and my personal experience is that people are being made to wait inordinate amounts of time for results of tests...which has to mean issues with contact tracing too.

Alarmed? Seriously worried that we are covering up serious issues here.

Alarming? Based on some randomer on Twitter making up a range of things?

No, especially given what we have learned since of his political leanings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,379 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Is running out of test kits not an alarming issue for you Rodney?...especially as we are being told that all is good.

Social media and my personal experience is that people are being made to wait inordinate amounts of time for results of tests...which has to mean issues with contact tracing too.

Alarmed? Seriously worried that we are covering up serious issues here.

And if we are running low is it better not to ration there use. Ireland can hardly set up a place to make test kits in a few weeks. Now that countries like the US are testing mad sourcing test kits is obviously harder.

However if you look at the data modeling predicted that we be at 800+ cases a day if we did not take the action we took 2 weeks ago. We seem to be flatten I g the curve at 200ish cases/day, even if we continue to rise in numbers we are reducing the risk.

If your nephew is young and healthy it is important that he self isolate's for 15 days. If he is in the at risk group the health service will help him as much as possible. The political decisions taken by the government have been timed right so far. They have reduced the contact rate from 20+/case down to 5/case. The latest rules will hopefully keep new cases to household contacts.

It a case of managing the pandemic now. Last thing we need is a few Chicken Lickens running around the place claiming the sky is falling in

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

And shouldn't we be being told that in a transparent way?

Too much confusion and doubt over testing. I think we'll hear a lot more about it later.

Proper communication is vital in these circumstances. When the message got out that the shops would be open with full shelves the panic buying stopped. People went next day and bar queuing for sanitising purposes there was no problem.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Alarming? Based on some randomer on Twitter making up a range of things?

No, especially given what we have learned since of his political leanings.

Nope...alarming from personal experience of people waiting on test results. The country is awash with this complaint now blanch...do catch up on what is happening.

• Advertisement

Somebody getting their results the next day is a bit of a miracle in these troubled times TBH. The HSE say at least 5 days for most on their own site. Only if you are extremely ill will it be expedited and Maryanne's friend clearly wasn't.

Maryannes friend probably had a pint in each hand when getting the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Runaways wrote: »
    Keep deflecting.

It is a cause of great concern there are no test kits available at centers.

And I’m sure the powers that be are scrambling to remedy that before it reaches the public and media’s ears.

It’s already all over Facebook though.

Genie is out of that bottle.

Makes sense that you get your news from Facebuke. Clueless.

And if we are running low is it better not to ration there use. Ireland can hardly set up a place to make test kits in a few weeks. Now that countries like the US are testing mad sourcing test kits is obviously harder.

However if you look at the data modeling predicted that we be at 800+ cases a day if we did not take the action we took 2 weeks ago. We seem to be flatten I g the curve at 200ish cases/day, even if we continue to rise in numbers we are reducing the risk.

If your nephew is young and healthy it is important that he self isolate's for 15 days. If he is in the at risk group the health service will help him as much as possible. The political decisions taken by the government have been timed right so far. They have reduced the contact rate from 20+/case down to 5/case. The latest rules will hopefully keep new cases to household contacts.

It a case of managing the pandemic now. Last thing we need is a few Chicken Lickens running around the place claiming the sky is falling in

The QUICKEST way to start a panic is confusing information.

Clear and adult communications are vital. If there are problems...spell out what they are exactly. Less of PR stunts of ministers doing pressers with sleeves rolled up.

Don't try to con the public in other words...it never ends well. FG should know this.

Looks like you post sh**e on twitter as well as Facebuke. Where do you get the time?

McMurphy wrote: »

When was Scandanavia on the list of places returning from which required testing? Hint: It never was.

Criteria for testing are set for a reason - medical need, not self-entitlement.

I assume you berated him last week for being out of self-isolation within the two weeks recommended by the HSE. Not everybody falls within the criteria for being tested, but if he was so concerned about protecting his fiance, why the hell was he out and about to the extent that you had to be on the opposite side of the road?

The QUICKEST way to start a panic is confusing information.

Clear and adult communications are vital. If there are problems...spell out what they are exactly. Less of PR stunts of ministers doing pressers with sleeves rolled up.

Don't try to con the public in other words...it never ends well. FG should know this.

Well no, the quickest way to start a panic is to repeat unverified information and call it alarming.

Say, quoting a Twitter account with a political agenda as gospel and telling everyone that we should be alarmed by it.

The one message that keeps being driven home by the Government is not to get your information from Twitter idiots and Facebook shams, but to listen to official sources.

Well no, the quickest way to start a panic is to repeat unverified information and call it alarming.

Say, quoting a Twitter account with a political agenda as gospel and telling everyone that we should be alarmed by it.

I can VERIFY what I posted...a good friend of ours is awaiting a test for that long.
    My Nephew has gone to Croke park twice and has not been able to get a test.

Stories repeated all over the internet.
    The one message that keeps being driven home by the Government is not to get your information from Twitter idiots and Facebook shams, but to listen to official sources.

What are the 'official sources' saying about the wait for testing and test results?

AND WHY THE **** IS LEO AND SIMON NEVER OFF TWITTER AND FACEBOOK COMMENTING?

Jesus, they can't have it everyway. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Makes sense that you get your news from Facebuke. Clueless.

Who said news?
    Friends and family aren’t in the news business. They’ve been turned away from croker

You’ll deny this all you want until spoonfed in manageable bites no doubt on a break from sniping all day on boards and twitter.

Looks like you post sh**e on twitter as well as Facebuke. Where do you get the time?

In isolation if you must know

Is this all you have?
    Do you have Anything worth actually hearing?

Go for it I’m not the police

But that tweet clearly touched a nerve.

Obvious to anyone who’s read your posts why that might be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I can VERIFY what I posted...a good friend of ours is awaiting a test for that long.
    My Nephew has gone to Croke park twice and has not been able to get a test.

Stories repeated all over the internet.

What are the 'official sources' saying about the wait for testing and test results?

AND WHY THE **** IS LEO AND SIMON NEVER OFF TWITTER AND FACEBOOK COMMENTING?

Jesus, they can't have it everyway. :rolleyes:

Why would your nephew go to Croke Park twice?

• Advertisement

My own family have been given appointments for it only to turn up and told they’ll have to come back and they’ll be contacted with a second date.

It’s happening quite frequently

When was Scandanavia on the list of places returning from which required testing? Hint: It never was.

Criteria for testing are set for a reason - medical need, not self-entitlement.

I assume you berated him last week for being out of self-isolation within the two weeks recommended by the HSE. Not everybody falls within the criteria for being tested, but if he was so concerned about protecting his fiance, why the hell was he out and about to the extent that you had to be on the opposite side of the road?

To get to and from Scandinavia (Helsinki to be precise), he had to use an airport and share a plane full of people who have been god knows where, and potentially infected with God knows what, so there's that.

As for the self isolating, he's doing just that, you realise people are allowed to open their front doors to take in the supplies I brought him over, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Have you gotten the wrong end of a stick there Rodney?

:):) We all know that in the most patriarchal parties that bullying happens.

The point is how the media report that.

Now can you show sensational headline after sensational headline about cases in FF and FG?

I don’t think the media are interested in Mary getting the hump for not getting on the party ticket for the general is worthy of headlines, so you ? As fun as Mammy O’Rourke v Donnie Cassidy was ,oh the battle of Kinnegad church yard ...not sure the most talented editors csn sex that up , can you ?

Kangaroo courts, assault with evidence of same , Allegations of death threats , over 30 Councillors all leaving around the same time For the same reasons and SF allergic reaction to the truth Is kinda hard to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

My own family have been given appointments for it only to turn up and told they’ll have to come back and they’ll be contacted with a second date.

It’s happening quite frequently

Haven't seen any reports of that.

Haven't seen any reports of that.

You probably won’t officially. It would cause undue panic. Despite it being very worrying.
    If people have symptoms and are being sent away untested from centers this makes them liable to infect others and tracking new infections more difficult.
    This could get out of hand Extremely quickly if it hasn’t already

To get a test.

He was sent on appointment and told there were no kits left. Went back the second time and it was closed. Haven't heard how he is getting on today yet.

In isolation if you must know

Is this all you have?
    Do you have Anything worth actually hearing?

Go for it I’m not the police

But that tweet clearly touched a nerve.

Obvious to anyone who’s read your posts why that might be :)

Still awaiting an answer re your ‘strong and stable’ outburst.

You probably won’t officially. It would cause undue panic. Despite it being very worrying.
    If people have symptoms and are being sent away untested from centers this makes them liable to infect others and tracking new infections more difficult.
    This could get out of hand Extremely quickly if it hasn’t already

Better that you and your cohort spread panic instead I suppose.

She was very ill, but, thankfully it wasn’t corona virus. It was a week ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Oh hold on everybody "FrancieBrady", boards.ie SF shill can VERIFY his personal anecdote, let's alert the HSE and change tack on Covid-19.

What is it with you people thinking you know better than the people tasked to manage the crisis? They might be wrong, but at least they are qualified to be wrong. SF and their ilk have spent so long hurling from the ditch that they've started to believe their own bull****.

The rise of parties like Sinn Fein is a direct result of folks convincing themselves that just because they have a Twitter or boards account that their opinions are informed or valid. Well they aren't. Nobody needs to hear them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement